• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    If I had to go with my own lackluster armory, I'm looking at my meager Mosin, but it'll do. And I've got enough ammo to probably pick of someone with a better choice in weapons than I do (assuming they're not better than me).

If I had my choice, I'd probably pick up an AK and a Mossberg. I figure, if it's SHTF and it's foreign, then I'm looking at plenty of ammo to go around. If it's domestic, well... then I'll just take their guns continuously.

kycrawler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    rem 700 varmint in 308 with cyclone , barret 95 suppressed ruger mk 2 and a 45xd

shotguns are heavy and ammo is heavy and bulky , range is relatively short

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    870 and AR 15 and my CZ 75. Makes me want to cry having to choose between them all. I may have to come up with a Tactical Wheel Barrow. TWB. I'm not real good at packing lite.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For me it would depend on whether it was survival or armed invasion...

On the invasion side I would take my Ruger M77 in 300 win mag (U S snipers are going to this in place of other .30 cal rounds) and my Colt M4 in .223 for a handgun it would be my Sig 239 in 40 S&W. I would love a shot gun but the ammo weight would be a concern asssuming I was on the move....

In the event of the survival side I would exchange the Ruger for my Beretta AL391 12 gu....if my wife is allowed two as well I would have her take my AK, the 870 and Colt 1911 45acp....Scrounging for common use ammo would be as important finding guns...IMHO:ar15:

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Easy..My AR in 5.56. Very common round and can reach out and touch far enough for SHTF and natural disasters. Think katrina here, if you say you had to shoot somebody that was 400 yards away to protect your home you are going to have problems explaining yourself. Second would be my dedicated .22lr AR. Again such a common round that you can easily carry thousands of rounds, can be used to barter, and to kill small game to eat. Just my :twocents:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Easy..My AR in 5.56. Very common round and can reach out and touch far enough for SHTF and natural disasters. Think katrina here, if you say you had to shoot somebody that was 400 yards away to protect your home you are going to have problems explaining yourself.
    Yeah an AR is a great choice. It's enough for shooting people out to 500 yards.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    After looking what's within arms reach, maybe the SPAS. It's build like a tank,... then again, it weighs about as much.... forget that - it's too heavy!
    My beretta 1201FP and one of the M-4's I guess.

Do I get to keep an extra upper or ten for the M-4? :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom