• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    One of the many good things about being married is that God and .gov look at my wife and me as one person, so I can in effect take up to four. But since we also have a 21 month old boy, I guess I'll let my wife slide and she will have to only carry her rifle ;):

Me:
    Romy AK
    RRA AR

Wife:
    Ruger 77/22 All-weather

As much as I'd like to take my M1A, it's weight (ammo and rifle) don't make it a SHTF gun for me.

I'll probably be stuck carrying the ammo too. Maybe I can get the 3 year old to carry some spare mags. :D

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    ss4.jpg

4" Security Six

870b.jpg

18.5" Wingmaster

PIC-0037-1.jpg

.308 Ruger Frontier

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I only have an AK, but if I'm allowed any gun I want...

LWRC M6a1 w/ Aimpoint and light (for the bad guys, obviously)
    Springfield M1A SOCOM II w/ ACOG or similar glass (for long range, heavy hitting, & big game)

Pistol: Glock 17 w/ 19-round mags

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    AR-15 & Remington 870 12ga.

The important thing is the calibers chosen.
    Here is why.

A 12 gauge shotgun is an extremely versatile and effective weapon. It offers a variety of loads that can be shot for various purposes. It can shoot fine pellets to kill small game and birds, or large pellets to take down large predators (or for combat), as well as slugs for hunting large game. Interchangeable barrels increase the options available to you. 12ga shotgun ammo is plentiful and would be easy to find during SHTF. Truly you cannot go wrong by keeping a shotgun for SHTF.

An AR-15 in .223 caliber is also extremely versatile. It certainly holds its own in combat, as demonstrated by our military. It provides a sufficient range for nearly all reasonable SHTF scenarios. It is a small enough round to hunt small game with (and not overly destroy the animal), yet can feasibly be effective against large game as well. It would suffice in defense and offense situations. The .223 caliber is relatively plentiful on the shelves and fairly priced. It is commonly used and would maintain some degree of scavengability of ammo. Ammo is also light enough to allow someone to carry several hundred rounds of it.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    If I have to choose from my own arsenal, then I pick my SKS and my 1903A3. If I could have any two, it'd be an SKS and a Barrett .50. If the S really HTF, then I'd probably be meeting up with a few of you people. So we'd need someone who could really reach out and touch something. :) We'd need at least SOME sort of anti-transport weaponry. One .50 to an engine block should be enough. =D

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    A 12 gauge shotgun is an extremely versatile and effective weapon. It offers a variety of loads that can be shot for various purposes. It can shoot fine pellets to kill small game and birds, or large pellets to take down large predators (or for combat), as well as slugs for hunting large game. Interchangeable barrels increase the options available to you. 12ga shotgun ammo is plentiful and would be easy to find during SHTF. Truly you cannot go wrong by keeping a shotgun for SHTF.

Almost the same reason I picked the 20 gauge, only with the advantage of reloads, my shot and powder supplies goes further than with a 12. Reloading also means I don't have to worry about ammo being "easy to find".
    Considering the ammo distribuion the last 12 months in North America, with factories running wide open, if you don't already have the ammo, you're not going to get more during a SHTF afternnon.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I'll take the two long guns I have right now. My Remingotn 700 sps .308 and my remington 870 .12 w/ a 7 round mag tube and 20" barrel. I'd also bring the 28" barrel with it. My ammo would be whatever I can carry that is .308 or .12ga (slugs, 00 buck, and bird shot).

My handgun would be my .38 special Colt Cobra, I have more ammo saved up for it.

Top Bottom