• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The story is told of a gentleman by name of Samuel Whittemore, who was in his late 70s at least at the onset of the Revolutionary War. Mr. Whittemore had fought in his younger days using his musket and returned from the fighting with a cavalry saber. he was asked how he came to have such an item and simply replied, "The former owner has no more need of it." On another occasion, he returned with a brace of pistols and gave the same reply when asked the same question.
    When the fighting began, Mr. Whittemore took up his pistols, saber, and musket and the British troops into whom he laid with them sent a detachment to deal with the group who were shooting at them.

You may learn more about Mr. Whittemore at an Appleseed, however, I think that for my part, a shotty and a 10/22... And if in spite of my desire to avoid it, the actions of others have regretfully taken us to the point of a shooting war, I think that better armament will be available when the former owners have no more use of it.

Blessings,
    Bill

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    On a side note, this thread is on two Long guns, is a shotgun a long gun??

If it is not a pistol, then it is a long gun...

The story is told of a gentleman by name of Samuel Whittemore, who was in his late 70s at least at the onset of the Revolutionary War. Mr. Whittemore had fought in his younger days using his musket and returned from the fighting with a cavalry saber. he was asked how he came to have such an item and simply replied, "The former owner has no more need of it." On another occasion, he returned with a brace of pistols and gave the same reply when asked the same question.
    When the fighting began, Mr. Whittemore took up his pistols, saber, and musket and the British troops into whom he laid with them sent a detachment to deal with the group who were shooting at them.

Capt. Whittemore had what it takes! Proud to have men like that in the history of our Nation, and Military! :patriot:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Actually I changed my mind a couple times as I thought about it. Originally I was going with the RRA M4 and my 870. But I started thinking about things like, hunting large game at a distance as deer and stuff would get pretty spooky with people chasing them all the time. Needing to kill man sized targets that need killing at a distance if need be. So I have decided on the M1A and the 1100.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    Since I don't own any rifles, it would have to be my Mossberg 590 and Browning BPS. Then I'd trade one of them to somebody with two rifles ;)

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge and one of my bolt action .22 rifles. I think I would choose the .22 that had the largest open bolt area in case I had to load it single shot. Like if I lost the mag or the mag follower tube in the case of a tube-fed.

The only shotgun I own is the 500 and I would take the .22 because I could carry zillions of rounds.

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    I would have to take my 1100 with slug and bird barrels, and then I think the other would have to be my Model 60, because as stated above you can carry so many rounds.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    My first thought was a shotty and a rifle.....Then I thought maybe 2 rifles.......I think I would take an AK and a CX4. I like the better range of the AK, but want the ammo compatibility of the CX4. My CX4 is .40 and I have 2 .40 handguns. So to make this as short as possible, I carry an AK and a CX4 along with the .40 Beretta 90two, and the wife carries a 10/22 and a mossberg 500 w/slug barrel and shot barrel along with the XD.40.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My AR and and my Hi Point 995 carbine, pistol will be my Taurus 809 9mm, that way I only have to carry 2 calibers of ammo.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    AK is the only gun that I can depend on in tough times, I have one that I have never cleaned and I have probably shot at least 5K rounds since I got it. Never missed a beat too.

Instead of second gun, I will pack more ammo. Nobody needs a second gun if the first one is an AK.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    My 870 and my AR.

I would pack my ruger charger in my pack. Pistol would be a glock 35. I know, I know. I broke the 2 rifle thing but oh well. Love my charger....

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    An 870 shootgun and a marlin 45-70. Both excel at stopping power, game gett'in, and can be loaded with blackpowder. IMO chances are you would eventually run out of smokeless, never seen a 300wsm or other highpower run on BP. I've seen how it works with 45acp, ain't happening. But 375gr lead over 62gr BP, now thats a spank'in thru and thru load, and if it really got bad you could make your own powder.

Top Bottom