If you could only have one gun for the rest of your life, what make and model wo

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    FN SLP... it's relatively compact (relatively), it eats every shell I can throw into it (minus reduced recoil rounds), rail on top for a scope and a crazy video game ghost ring on it.

If it had to be a handgun, probably my 24/7 .45. It's a little on the big side (and my winter EDC) but 12+1 is nice... it may be the only thing I like about Indiana winters.

tpntch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Ruger P89. It was my third hand gun. they say third time's a charm. LOL :-) it was stolen, i never got over her

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I would have to choose a good pump action shotgun. Maybe a Rem model 870 chambered in 12 gage. You can outfit them with tons of goodies, and as stated before they can perform many functions well. A slug will drop most deer and other large game if you can stalk to within range. Buckshot will drop most home invaders and birdshot will take down any small game at a reasonable distance. You can swap out the barrels for bird/slugs pretty easily,usually without any tools. Pistol grips and fore grips are cheaply had and easily swapped for stock furniture. They are durable, reliable and proven. My choice is a shotgun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I would have never thought I would be listing this.
    MY all out favorate handgun -------

Chiappa Rhino

I purchased the 4 inch barrel first. it actually the only one available at the time. I like the feel of it in my hand. When I fired it the first time 38 spec.
    I was greatly surprised how accurate.
    Then I took note of the very little recoil kick up. I also became aware of less shock into my arm.

Then I read I reports of the 5 inch barrel Rhino having better balance.

It took a long time to find a 5 inch. I will not say who or were.
    After handling it and talking to someone. I ordered a 5 inch.
    When I received the 5 inch. I set out to determine which one was the best to shoot.
    I would sell the other one.
    After firing off 100, 357 rounds.
    I will not part with nether one.
    They have the smoothest trigger action. Great for recoil recovery.
    Yes they are a bit goosh to fire single action. once you have that hammer back. They are great to fire.
    To many times I have to open the cylinder (to check why it dried fired) and realize I fired off all 6 rounds.

ONE THING I need to remember is that the live round in in the lower section of the gun.
    Several times I loaded short loads. I lined the empty chamber (out of habit) on top. I pulled and NO fire.
    I placed a piece of reflective tape on the below frame. It reminds me where I need to line up.
    NO more problem (personal).
    I hope Chiappa starts to put out more calibers in this design. 410/45

Yes there are only 6 rounds. 6 great knock down hits are better than 15 good hits.
    With a speed loader helps to over come this.
    I can reload 6 loose rounds into the cylinder faster than you can reload a 15 round empty mag.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    You should have been at the 1500 last weekend. There was a dealer that had a silver 2" 20DS NIB for $775. He had 20DS, 40DS, 50DS and 60DS models all right there.
    My wife loves her 40DS, but I'm not sure it would be her one and only if she had to give up everything.

For my one and only it would be a tough call between the Beretta Cx4 rifle in 9mm and my 870 HD pump.
    Both are very versatile and can server many purposes.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    If I could only have one gun it would be a IMI Jericho full size in .40 S&W with Spike Spiegels laser grip sights. I've owned two Jerichos, but none of them were the full size models.
    ^^^this..... I own a Jericho RS is a .40 S&W and one in a 9mm and they are my absolute favorite, oh btw I don't believe spike speigal ever had laser grips, his was an original 941 9mm. That model cannot accept a laser.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    One of these trusty rifles will do me just fine. It can handle any condition any situation.

SGL21
    S5031019.jpg

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    That's a tough one I would either say my mossberg persuader or my ar. Depends on the life situation at the time.

91kcolg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    I think I would go with my 870 or Glock 19 depending on the circumstances. The more I shoot and carry my Glock the more I love it. I was a revolver guy S&W only, but I have found myself quickly falling in love with the Glock. I trust my life with it.

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    DDM4V5 with verticle foregrip, MBUIS, EOTech HHS, and Magpul STR stock, expensive, yes, but I work amazing with it!

icky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    montpelier
    if we have to already own it id say my colt made m2 heavy barrel on a m63 mount. if not id say solothurn 20mm..... go big or go home.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    A first generation Ithaca model 37 featherlight, 12ga or 16ga. They are extremely reliable, they never break, and they are accurate. I could hunt nearly anything with it, big or small game as shotgun shells come in many different variations and shotgun shells are very easy to find, if I cant find them, most hulls are reloadable and with enough time and patience, can be reloaded entirely by hand. They are light enough in weight that they can be carried all day with little fatigue.

Top Bottom