if WalMart vansihed.. would you miss it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WalMart

• Total voters

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Wal-Mart is a blight.

Their fiscal practices kill other companies, they absolutely KILL their warehouse employees, the practice of building stores, then abandoning them, to only move 3 blocks down to build a "super store", to get yet more tax advantages, only leaves empty buildings that no one else will ever use.

The company is evil, and people don`t get it at all. To save a couple dollars, they patronize this place, not understanding, or caring, that they`re contributing to the demise of so many other businesses and local problems.

It is now. At first, when W-M first started out, they sold only American made products and treated their associates well. Then Mr. Walton died. The "kids" took over, bought cheeper products from all over the world and started expanding their profit margin.
    They reduced staff, cut hours/services, did away with Layaway, guns and I believe they are planning to do away with their auto service department - (if they haven't done so already).
    Service to the lower income customers gave way to GREED! :xmad:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I live in Speedway, and the closest WalMart at the time was either Brownsburg or 86th street. They just recently put in a WalMart off of LaFayette road, but I still like Meijer. :dunno:

Even though there is a WalMart close by, I still have to drive to Avon or Brownsburg for pistol ammo. :rolleyesedit:

I buy my 9mm at WM. Oh and don't waste your time going to the WM on Lafayette Rd., they don't sell pistol ammo only shotgun and not much of that even.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I buy my 9mm at WM. Oh and don't waste your time going to the WM on Lafayette Rd., they don't sell pistol ammo only shotgun and not much of that even.

The "kids" are getting farther away from Daddy's dream. Soon there won't be a Wal-Mart. There may be a new "Elite-Mart" tho.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Since the story of them keeping all info from gun and ammo sales... I've stopped shopping there. I don't miss it at all.

The last time I went to W-M and bought ammo, I looked right into the camera and waved then pointed to the box of ammo I was purchasing!:rolleyesedit::):

The cashier was a bit taken aback by my actions - like she was surprised that I wasn't trying to hide the fact that I was excersizing my Constititonal RIGHTS but instead flaunted the fact!:dunno:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Agreed.

I'd rather pay a couple more bucks at the gunshop than use Walmart for anything.

I'll admit to buying a bit of ammo there, because there were some people who wanted it tested. Other than that, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in there in the past 10 years.

Josh <><

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    :bash:Don't shop at anthing with a MART in it's name, WalMart, KMart, if it's got that in it's name, I'm not there.

Shop smart! Shop S-Mart!

I have a Meijer within walking distance of my apartment so I voted that I wouldn't miss it.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Shop smart! Shop S-Mart!

I have a Meijer within walking distance of my apartment so I voted that I wouldn't miss it.

We have a Meijer about 30 miles away. But there is a Big R nearby (actually 2) and Farm & Fleet, gun shops, and on line ordering. Don't need to support the traitor Walton kids. :do2:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fenway- LOL I wish they ALL would, my fiance shops there all the time and I think she would die if they closed up shop. S*** I'd throw a party and supply the beer! I'd rather spend more and support a local shop than shop at any big corporate chain. Meijer, Target, WTFE-Mart, even Best Buy. It's worth the drive to go to Fry's on the NE side than going to BB. And I happen to sorta know the owners of Fry's daughter! She's hot! LOL Did you know that the owners of Fry's is actually blind? Never call anyone handicapped unless they are common sense stupid! LOL

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Fenway- LOL I wish they ALL would, my fiance shops there all the time and I think she would die if they closed up shop. S*** I'd throw a party and supply the beer! I'd rather spend more and support a local shop than shop at any big corporate chain. Meijer, Target, WTFE-Mart, even Best Buy. It's worth the drive to go to Fry's on the NE side than going to BB. And I happen to sorta know the owners of Fry's daughter! She's hot! LOL Did you know that the owners of Fry's is actually blind? Never call anyone handicapped unless they are common sense stupid! LOL
    I don't like Fry's.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How come? You can't find half that stuff in any other store around here and def'lly not at their prices. Just my HO.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    On the way out :): They are even in CHINA now!

Well of COURSE they're in China! Hell they single-handedly jump-started the Chinese economy by selling their cheap crap over here! It's about time China had to buy their own junk!

Top Bottom