• ...and so much more!
  • garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    My 2 bits...

I like Glocks because they are simple and reliable. Like another poster said, "reliable and boring" That's what I want in a pistol. Something that will just work. Kinda like the AK of the pistol world. Cheap, reliable and you don't feel to bad if you have to ditch/sell it.

I had a Springfield 1911 Mil-spec way back when, but had to sell it to pay rent. Sigh. I miss it from time to time. But I wouldn't miss my Glock 17 too much.

In the end, it's just a tool.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Okay, so as I read on this forum, everyday there is a thread about how great glocks are blah blah blah...

I have never owned a Glock so I have no attachment to them. At them same time, I have never owned a Glock so I have nothing negative about them either. On here, I have only seen good things, never bad about them...If that is the case...then why is it that when I go to the classified section there is always at least 5 Glocks on the front page. So they are best best guns but everyone wants to get rid of them? Is this because they are reliable but boring?

Never read anything bad on here about Glocks? Just search for "Kaboom". You'll be reading for hours.
    :laugh:

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    The reason you see so many for sale is because you can't wear them out you just break'em in for everybody so you keep buying them so everybody can own one.LOL

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Never read anything bad on here about Glocks? Just search for "Kaboom". You'll be reading for hours.
    :laugh:

I know, right! I'm leading up the Glock Explosive Ordnance Disposal Group

XD+kaboom3.jpg

kbHKTAC45.jpg

44magTikB.jpg

ColtkaBoom.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

mmmm.... cherry :koolaid:

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    To me the Glock is to the handgun world what the Ruger 10/22 is to the rimfire rifle world.A good dependable gun.I'm not even a Glock fan,they just don't fit my hand well.I buy a gun that fits me,I don't try to conform to looks or reputation too much.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    My only beef with Glock is I never thought they had any personality. I have owned a dozen or so Glocks and I they got boring in the fact that everyone is the same look and feel to me. Every new model that has came out other than the newer designs have been exactly the same other than caliber. They are very reliable and extremely durable but I just like a bit more variation.

dcobra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    southport
    They are not for everyone.

Some people cant get over the fact that there is no external saftey.

Some people cant ever lean how to shoot them.

Some people hate black guns.

What do you mean cant ever learn how to shoot them? I've never owned a glock so....... is there some special way to shoot them?

Lastshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    United States of Merica
    yup, as with any gun, gotta keep the booger-hook of the bang-switch

as a service pistol, you dont want the external safety. thats why glocks dont have them, some dont likethe weight on glocks. I never minded them myself. they shoo tgood and are ready when you are. :)

Me, Im a 1911 guy so.... I dont have a glock now.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ah, combat tupperware. I don't like them at all. But that's purely aesthetics. It seems like lots of us either like Sigs or Glocks, and I like Sigs. Sorta like Ford and Chevy. Guys'll sit and argue all day about which is better, but when the whistle blows, they'll all go out and get in their Fords and Chevys, and all make it home.
    Then there's those commie pinkos who like both. You know who you are!!

Top Bottom