• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    like I said, the who's who of non combatants... Lol. Seriously though, sig, glock, and beretta make fine weapons.

not disagreeing, but he's missing the point. The bullet is what kills the bad guy, they won't care what they got shot with :D

the US military carried the M9 for many years before it was ever used in combat... it proved itself eventually.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    tendency to explode?
    The Glocks that have he most problems with "kabooms" are the .40's and .45 ACP's. The G17/19 doesn't have this problem. The few cases of G17/19 "kabooms" that I've found were attributable to double charges or bore obstructions. This would cause any autoloader problems.

But the .40's and .45's do have lots of cases where they've blown up with factory ammo and for seemingly unknown reasons. The cases usually blow out in the unsupported area of the chamber which in my opinion is a major design flaw with the .40 and .45 ACP Glocks.

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    A lot of people are selling their old generation pistols so they can upgrade to the newer generation pistols. Lights and Lasers much easier to mount on the newer generation Glocks. Only negative I have on the Glock is the plastic guide rod, I always upgrade to a stainless one.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    The main problem with Glock's is that they are all plastic so they aviod metal detectors at airports. LOL. Remember when they first came out?
    BTW I have a 2 Glocks, a mod. 22 and a 30. love 'em, though I haven't tested the metal detectors with them.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    The slide and internals are all steel, the only thing thats composite is the frame? so how could u get it through any metal detector?

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The main problem with Glock's is that they are all plastic so they aviod metal detectors at airports. LOL. Remember when they first came out?
    BTW I have a 2 Glocks, a mod. 22 and a 30. love 'em, though I haven't tested the metal detectors with them.

The slide and internals are all steel, the only thing thats composite is the frame? so how could u get it through any metal detector?

Guess that one flew right over your head :):

kbrown84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Southside
    Sarcasm is a gift that some people just arent born with!

I own a Glock, and a Sig...yet i carry the Glock every day while the Sig sits at home (probably muttering incoherent german hate talk...). I do this for one very simple reason...i carry a firearm for work, to protect myself. When I pull the weapon, it works. No fancy parts, no de-cockers, no "safety", and no good looks. I could see the reasoning of carrying a better looking pistol if you were being attacked by GQ models...but i dont ever read about any of that mess. 3 simple words describe a Glock. it. just. works.
    Back to lurking for another 2 years!
    KB:popcorn:

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Sarcasm is a gift that some people just arent born with!

LOL.....ya I guess I forgot were on a gun forums and most people here have some credit.....I have just heard so many people say oh ya the glocks have a porcelain barrel and plastic frame so they get through metal detectors...lol:dunno:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    *snip* it. just. works. *snip*

You just described 90% of guns on the market.

full-auto said:
    The Glocks that have he most problems with "kabooms" are the .40's and .45 ACP's. The G17/19 doesn't have this problem. The few cases of G17/19 "kabooms" that I've found were attributable to double charges or bore obstructions. This would cause any autoloader problems.

But the .40's and .45's do have lots of cases where they've blown up with factory ammo and for seemingly unknown reasons. The cases usually blow out in the unsupported area of the chamber which in my opinion is a major design flaw with the .40 and .45 ACP Glocks.

Do I spy a rational, unbiased glock fan? I do. I do. :yesway:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Do I spy a rational, unbiased glock fan? I do. I do. :yesway:
    I'm not a "fan" of any particular brand really. However I am a fan of the 1911 design. :D

I view handguns as tools, not marketing slogans to be worn on t-shirts. I use them for serious purposes, not to impress my friends with their cool appearance, accessories and swag that I can pick up at the local gunshow.

Thus, if I see a flaw in a Glock, Beretta, Sig, 1911, HK, etc. I will point it out and discuss it.

What's funny is that on my YouTube videos the Glock fanboys rip me apart for posting the limp wrist tests where the G17 fails miserably. Then the Beretta fanboys rip me apart for posting a video of their pet pistol jamming after being dunked in silty water (not even mud).

All pistols have their strengths and weaknesses. It's simply a matter of aligning your needs and expectations with those strength & weaknesses and making an informed purchasing decision.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm not a "fan" of any particular brand really. However I am a fan of the 1911 design. :D

I view handguns as tools, not marketing slogans to be worn on t-shirts. I use them for serious purposes, not to impress my friends with their cool appearance, accessories and swag that I can pick up at the local gunshow.

Thus, if I see a flaw in a Glock, Beretta, Sig, 1911, HK, etc. I will point it out and discuss it.

What's funny is that on my YouTube videos the Glock fanboys rip me apart for posting the limp wrist tests where the G17 fails miserably. Then the Beretta fanboys rip me apart for posting a video of their pet pistol jamming after being dunked in silty water (not even mud).

All pistols have their strengths and weaknesses. It's simply a matter of aligning your needs and expectations with those strength & weaknesses and making an informed purchasing decision.

Agreed. +1

Top Bottom