• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    And we're all here arguing over a symbol while Rome is burning.

Since the fire in question is metaphorical rather than literal, then the water to put it out would also be metaphorical. And symbols such as one denoting "courage, freedom, and ideals soaring high," used properly, are a pretty good water to that metaphorical fire.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed... unless you shoot a bald eagle?"

I think if you check it out, you'll find that in many states, if you poach, or illegally take an animal, OR BIRD, you could likely end up forefeiting your firearm. Anybody here think that just because we can have firearms, we can use them however we want with impunity? Didn't think so.

And we're all here arguing over a symbol while Rome is burning.

Didn't Rome burn AFTER that culture's symbol fell? Maybe I'm wrong. Uh, by-the-by.... those allowing "Rome" to burn are most likely those apathetics sitting on their butts and advocating NOTHING, by word OR vote ..... NOT those who take a stand on/for what they believe to be right..... regardless of the issue.

Blame someone else.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Since the fire in question is metaphorical rather than literal, then the water to put it out would also be metaphorical. And symbols such as one denoting "courage, freedom, and ideals soaring high," used properly, are a pretty good water to that metaphorical fire.

I don't believe they are "metaphorically" stripping our rights away or spending us into oblivion. They are actually doing it. There are a few options to right the wrongs our politicians are doing to us. One is educating the brainless masses. The other is, well you get the idea. I don't have any faith that either will work as I mentioned earlier. The majority of our population is made up of brainless idiots. Either way, the odds are stacked against us.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think if you check it out, you'll find that in many states, if you poach, or illegally take an animal, OR BIRD, you could likely end up forefeiting your firearm. Anybody here think that just because we can have firearms, we can use them however we want with impunity? Didn't think so.

They can do more than that, if you're on a ATV, say goodbye to it, shoot from the window of your vehicle, adios to it also.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I don't believe they are "metaphorically" stripping our rights away or spending us into oblivion. They are actually doing it. There are a few options to right the wrongs our politicians are doing to us. One is educating the brainless masses. The other is, well you get the idea. I don't have any faith that either will work as I mentioned earlier. The majority of our population is made up of brainless idiots. Either way, the odds are stacked against us.

Since none of those things they are doing are an actual fire, the fire remains metaphorical.

As for what the majority of the population may be or believe, I recall the words of Samuel Adams: "It does not take a majority to prevail, but an irate, tireless minority eager to set brush-fires of Freedom in the minds of men."

Symbols have always been a good tinder to those brush-fires of freedom, symbols like the rattlesnake with "Don't Tread on Me," or the Eagle, "Courage, Freedom, and Ideals soaring high."

Top Bottom