• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am late to this show and, honesty, didn't read the entire thread.

BUT

I was all set to buy a 2021 CVO Street Glide a handful of weeks ago and then I rode a new 2024 Street Glide.

It is a vast improvement from the Rushmore models in every category.

So while H-D sure is struggling with this woke crap and how to attract younger riders, the new 2024 SGs/RGs are modern, loaded with tech and have plenty of power.

Well - except you can't go over 99 mph or the bike crashes and kills you but, hey, nothing is perfect...............................................

"High speed death wobble, now standard on 2024 HD models, get yours today!"

XQ6k78.gif

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Since its debut, the Indian FTR750 has not only revived the storied tradition of the original Indian Wrecking Crew, but it revolutionized the landscape of flat track racing – quickly earning a reputation as the most dominant machine in the AFT paddock. With three races remaining in the 2024 season, the FTR750 has a 75%-win ratio, winning 101 of the 135 races. It has secured 286 total podiums at 129 races, earning a 96%-podium ratio. The Indian FTR750 has a perfect championship record, winning all premier class titles since 2017.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Long but interesting article about HD’s adventure into World Superbike Racing, mostly around the VR platform.

From the article: They came back with a design that retained the basic dimensions and 60-degree architecture of the VR, but shared no parts in common: the 1131cc 100x72mm Revolution engine announced in the summer of 2001 was the direct descendant of the VR, and a strange rebirth for the platform just before the death of the racing program. Producing a claimed 115 HP and 65 LB/FT of torque through a five-speed gearbox in its initial guise introduced in 2002, the VRSC V-Rod combined a powerful, modern motor with handsome muscle-bike styling and promptly became the finest Harley-Davidson that nobody bought.

I’m not a big enough fan about racing in general to be that excited about it. I would snag a ELR if I ever had the chance tho, given to me cause I could never afford one.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Since its debut, the Indian FTR750 has not only revived the storied tradition of the original Indian Wrecking Crew, but it revolutionized the landscape of flat track racing – quickly earning a reputation as the most dominant machine in the AFT paddock. With three races remaining in the 2024 season, the FTR750 has a 75%-win ratio, winning 101 of the 135 races. It has secured 286 total podiums at 129 races, earning a 96%-podium ratio. The Indian FTR750 has a perfect championship record, winning all premier class titles since 2017.
    Get back to me when they have 30+ AMA National Championships... By then it will be the 5th renewing of the indian brand.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Long but interesting article about HD’s adventure into World Superbike Racing, mostly around the VR platform.

From the article: They came back with a design that retained the basic dimensions and 60-degree architecture of the VR, but shared no parts in common: the 1131cc 100x72mm Revolution engine announced in the summer of 2001 was the direct descendant of the VR, and a strange rebirth for the platform just before the death of the racing program. Producing a claimed 115 HP and 65 LB/FT of torque through a five-speed gearbox in its initial guise introduced in 2002, the VRSC V-Rod combined a powerful, modern motor with handsome muscle-bike styling and promptly became the finest Harley-Davidson that nobody bought.

I’m not a big enough fan about racing in general to be that excited about it. I would snag a ELR if I ever had the chance tho, given to me cause I could never afford one.

Harleys Dick Obrian was a smart man, he brought the world the XR750 and then Buell came along. Its an American shame that Harley Davidson Racing had to depend on money from HOG and not Harley Davidson.
    If Wille and Eric could have worked it out and Harley itself, had wanted to get into racing again. It would have been another 25 years of Harley earning National and World Titles.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Indian must have been winning too much...sanctioning body already changed the rules.
    They did it to Harley in 1969 or 70 with the first gen XR 750 engine, That guy Dick Obrian then brought to the World the New XR750. It took a few years but by the middle 70s it was tough to beat.
    Its a shame, but thats racing.

Top Bottom