Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer and
    one that's being ridden there?

The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

And can’t leave out this classic.

What does "water cooled" mean to a Harley rider?

Standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a wrecker.
    You really need to work on your lack of HD knowledge.
    Harley Davidson started on the journey of water cooled motorcycles back in to 1970's. The end result ws a 1,131 cc V twin that produced 120 or more HP.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Harley Davidson started on the journey of water cooled motorcycles back in to 1970's. The end result ws a 1,131 cc V twin that produced 120 or more HP.
    I don’t really give a flying xxxx in a rolling doughnut, I’m following to see how the woke crap they are pushing works out. You guys can argue motorcycles all day, they are just joke to me and dang funny ones at that since you have to reply to every one of them like they are serious. :lmfao:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don’t really give a flying xxxx in a rolling doughnut, I’m following to see how the woke crap they are pushing works out. You guys can argue motorcycles all day, they are just joke to me and dang funny ones at that since you have to reply to every one of them like they are serious. :lmfao:
    The funniest part is, you don't understand the fun we have in this thread. You'll never understand.
    The only argument here is in your head.
    How about you actually post a few pics of you the last time you were at a gun range?
    Or at least a picture of your mom and you, with your new red rider for your 16th birthday.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He said work on your lack of HD knowledge....I took that as a positive.

The less i know about them the better.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    They just flushed over 100 years of prestige down the crapper with the decision to make ANY HarleyDavidson outside of America.
    You are not going to wash that stink off of the brand.
    And when the rubber meets the road... and they lose more sales they WILL outsource their higher dollar machines to the lady boys.
    Goodbye Milwaukee workers, it's been grand.
    Maybe hes following BMW Motorcycles vision of International Manufacturing?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

The VRod?

Funny, my V65 put out those numbers 19 years earlier with probably 200 less pounds of iron. 11.5 -12 sec quarter mile, topped that 15 years earlier as well. And they never would have done that without the Germans designing it for them. We were talking fast right? Oh, they quit building them, so by your standards I guess it was a failure?

HD Buddy and I stopped at Doc’s Harley in Shawano, WI for a Harley Ride day. I rode a VRod. The guy helping me get it started and any questions asked me what I was riding. I said a V65. He said you’re gonna be disappointed, but they did derate it cause they were afraid the Harley guys couldn’t handle that much power. I was laughing so hard I felt sorry for the guy. He was looking for a hole to crawl into. To be somewhat fair we never got over 40 and they specifically said you couldn’t drag your feet and then gouge in it. So, pretty sure I didn’t get the true flavor, which might have been pretty exciting?

None so blind as those that will not see. Maybe I am turning into a Harley basher, now that I think about it.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico

The VRod?

Funny, my V65 put out those numbers 19 years earlier with probably 100 less pounds of iron. 11.5 -12 sec quarter mile, topped that 19 years earlier as well. And they never would have done that without the Germans designing it for them. We were talking fast right? Oh, they quit building them, so by your standards I guess it was a failure?

HD Buddy and I stopped at Doc’s Harley in Shawano, WI for a Harley Ride day. I rode a VRod. The guy helping me get it started and any questions asked me what I was riding. I said a V65. He said you’re gonna be disappointed, but they did derate it cause they were afraid the Harley guys couldn’t handle that much power. I was laughing so hard I felt sorry for the guy. He was looking for a hole to crawl into. To be somewhat fair we never got over 40 and they specifically said you couldn’t drag your feet and then gouge in it. So, pretty sure I didn’t get the true flavor, which might have been pretty exciting?

None so blind as those that will not see. Maybe I am turning into a Harley basher, now that I think about it.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The VRod?

Funny, my V65 put out those numbers 19 years earlier with probably 100 less pounds of iron. 11.5 -12 sec quarter mile, topped that 19 years earlier as well. And they never would have done that without the Germans designing it for them. We were talking fast right? Oh, they quit building them, so by your standards I guess it was a failure?

Your not turning, you have been for awhile.
    :lmfao:
    Why did Honda stop building the V65 after three years?
    The V Rod was built for 15 years.

Last edited:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Your not turning, you have been for awhile.
    :lmfao:
    Why did Honda stop building the V65 after three years?
    The V Rod was built for 15 years.
    Not sure. Too much power for people to handle, coupled with not very good handling?

They did supposedly have some cam oiling issues early on, altho I have not seen that with multiple examples.

I’m absolutely certain they’re not for everyone, which I’m happy about. I’m also glad we have choices. I love not meeting myself a thousand times a day. It’s important that we’re all different, as long as we’re the same.

It’s not true that anyone who doesn’t love Harley is a Harley hater. The difference is I’m not blinded by brand loyalty. I see good and certainly bad in Honda, as well as Harley.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The new bud light of motorcycles.
    I know where you're going, but HD has always been the Budweiser of motorcycles. More concerned with advertising and selling a lifestyle than something that's actually good. Stuck in a time warp, refusing to accept that taste & style can be improved.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am late to this show and, honesty, didn't read the entire thread.

BUT

I was all set to buy a 2021 CVO Street Glide a handful of weeks ago and then I rode a new 2024 Street Glide.

It is a vast improvement from the Rushmore models in every category.

So while H-D sure is struggling with this woke crap and how to attract younger riders, the new 2024 SGs/RGs are modern, loaded with tech and have plenty of power.

Well - except you can't go over 99 mph or the bike crashes and kills you but, hey, nothing is perfect...............................................

Top Bottom