• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Want to really screw with them? The next time that they fail to deactivate something that you purchase and the alarm goes off when you leave, take the RFID tag off at home and keep it. Carry it with you every time you go back. It will trigger the alarm every time you enter and leave. Seeing the look on the greeters face when the alarm goes off and the only person around is coming INTO the store is priceless. Or so I've been told.;)

Put the RFID in your wife's purse. They love that! :D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    :laugh: now thats funny right there, you admit you don't know if your numbers are correct you just ASSUME they have to be, because, by God you certainly can't be wrong unlike the people who actually work in the system (and have for a number of years).

Now go back and read for content. I have posted the numbers I have and have never assumed more from them than there was.

As for your years of experience: over those 15 years (I think 15 years was the number you said or am I conflating you with another poster?) how many people were under your charge? In how many of those did you get to know the intimate details of their case? How many did you get to know the person accused to any close level? I presume you at least knew what all those people were charged with?

But you know that the vast majority of them are guilty, huh? Maybe we should just do away with that whole "trial by jury" thing? We could just put you in charge of determining who is guilty and who isn't since you know.

why do you feel as if you know me or can judge me without even having met me, all again based on your one experience. I on the other hand have met and know a lot of fellow officers and jailers and the vast majority (notice I didn't say a significant number) are great people trying to do a crappy job in a terrible environment, but hey you know it all.

I'm sure they are. I'm sure that it's just blind coincidence that folk like Mike and I just kept running into those other ones. I'm sure you would never do anything like that guy did to the PI (who was still there when I was taken upstairs so I never learned what happened. I'll just presume that at some point his situation was resolved.) I wonder if that corrections officer is still working in corrections?

I'm sure you would never do anything like browbeat and continue to hold onto a prisoner whose "crime" while in your charge is to finally fall asleep after 30 hours in jail (which would make it about 46 hours since he'd last slept) and not hear his name called. I'm sure you wouldn't do like the other correction officer working that spot and stick him in an unheated cell where the only place to sit or lie was on steel beds (without pads) or on the concrete floor until he'd developed early stage hypothermia (I had reached the violent shivering stage by the time they finally executed the release order that they had had for hours).

I'm sure you and your colleagues would never do anything like that and I was just unlucky to run into all the bad examples in the Indianapolis/Marion County system. Yet where I sit, I was three for three.

And if you cannot understand how that kind of experience is going to color one's impressions, then perhaps you are not as good a judge as your claimed certainty of how many people arrested are guilty would indicate.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Bull! I walk out with a shopping cart full of bags, asked to show my receipt and what happens? They look at the receipt and the cart and say OK. Now, how in the hll do they know I don't have something in the bags that I have stolen? If you are going to accuse me and check my receipt then check every item against the receipt!! Plus how many times have you seen a customer ahead of you checked and the alarm goes off anyway? Usually they are just waved on.

Exactly. My problem with the Door Nazi's are the fact they they are not consistent, nor are they accurate, and can be downright condescending.

Two instances come to mind.

First, my daughter had bought a winter coat at Wally World. We went back several weeks later to shop, and the Door "Greeter" stopped her and asked her for her receipt for her coat. My daughter tells her that she didn't steal it, she bought it, there, weeks ago. The Greeter DEMANDS her reciept. I step in, tell the greeter that is she wants to accuse my daughter of stealing, she can call the Police, and we will be in a Silver Chevy Tracker.

I called the next day, and the Manager apologized. blah blah

A couple weeks later, same Wally World, cart full of groceries, a pack of Toilet Paper on top of all the bagged groceries. Same greeter, demands receipt for the TP. I say no thanks you, and Barney Fife steps in front of me, fumbling for his one bullet(OK, I made that part up :D ) and says we HAVE to provide a receipt. I reach in my wallet, pull out the first Wally World reciept I see, and hand it to the Greeter. She glances over it, hands it back and says thank you.

I get outside and look at the receipt. It was a reciept for only 4 items, none of which were TP, from 2 weeks prior! Again, I call the Manager, she profusely apologizes, and tells me that they are only supposed to ask for receipts for big ticket items, but they do sometimes stop people for items not in bags. I suggested they tell their cashiers to either bag everything, or get those little "PAID" stickers. She tells me she will retrain her people, but that the stickers are "against WalMart policy" why? She didn't know.

THAT is why I just say "no thank you" and keep walking.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    There is this really skinny punk that checks reciepts at a local walmart. He has a really bad attitude towards folks. He asked for my "papers" one day last year before the election. I had made a purchase at the sporting goods desk that day. 20 boxes of 9mm WIN 100Rd value packs. The sporting goods guy used approx 10 bags( double bagged X 5) per each thousand and stapled the receipt to the bags. So I reached into the cart and handed him the stapled bag with a thousand rounds in it. He obviously was not expecting the weight and basically fell into my cart!:):

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    There is this really skinny punk that checks reciepts at a local walmart. He has a really bad attitude towards folks. He asked for my "papers" one day last year before the election. I had made a purchase at the sporting goods desk that day. 20 boxes of 9mm WIN 100Rd value packs. The sporting goods guy used approx 10 bags( double bagged X 5) per each thousand and stapled the receipt to the bags. So I reached into the cart and handed him the stapled bag with a thousand rounds in it. He obviously was not expecting the weight and basically fell into my cart!:):

LOL!

repped.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Guys, you know who you are let's stop the BS crap and
    pee.gif
    contest and get back inline with Annie's original post of the Wal Mart receipt Nazi. Want to continue it, start a new thread.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    LOL!

repped.

Thanks

He's been replaced a really witchy old woman who has actually caught people stealing a couple case of beer and a even skinnier highschool girl who spends more time texting than even looking at people. I asked her one day why she didn't check people receipts. She told me it seemed rude. Maybe our future generations aren't as bad as we think.;)

If I have a large high value item in my cart or the alarm sounds I will stop and do the Checkpoint Charlie thing. Other than that they are going to have to physically stop me after I tell them "nothanks I need to get home".

Last edited:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    dburkhead......

I am not trying to incite any emotion in you or stir the pot....merely posting some info that some may or may not be aware of or at the very least a side that has not been presented yet.

I will first just bluntly say it and then explain further. Not everyone found not guilty or had charges dismissed are in fact innocent of the charges they were arrested for. They were in fact guilty but were not convicted of the crime(s) they were arrested for a variety of reasons.

Just as an example.....I have been involved in an arrest that the person had an 8 ball of cocaine in their front pocket. For technical reasons, the charges were dismissed. That does not mean they were innocent of the crime of Possession of a Controlled Substance because they were guilty and admitted as much but do to other reasons (not secificaly this case but those reasons could be: paperwork issues, bad testimony by the officer, good testimony by the suspect, good defense attorny, bad prosecutor......etc).

I will agree with you that there probably are some innocent people in jail, however that number is way lower than has been discussed on here. Do I have an exact number......no I dont nor is there anyway to find that number. I can and will say that there are a lot of people walking around without a crminal arrest, I didn't say conviction but arrest, on their record because I used discretion at the time and did not arrest them. I work under the philosiphy that was told to me by a very senior officer a long time ago. He told me: "Not eveyone has to go to jail everytime". I along with the VAST majority of officer work this way. If I arrested everyone I legally could have.......I would get nothing but paperwork done. Just because legally I can, and at sometimes should, does not mean that I morally should.

Now there are officers that do not work this way, I will not even try to say that because they do in fact exist.........I work with one daily. But don't think for a second that I haven't tried to change his views or thought process because I have but to no avail. I will continue to try as will other officer. With that being said though......none of his arrests that I am aware of were legally wrong, just morally wrong........in my eyes.

I guess my main point to all this rambling is that just because someone has a not guilty or charges dimissed on their record does not mean they were innocent of the crime they were arrested for. If you have access to it.....when you check someones criminal history it shows the arrest and then below that it will say one of 3 things: Guilty, Not Guilty, Nolo Contendre. Notice the word "innocent" is not listed in there. There is a reason for that..........because while a very small percentage MIGHT be innocent, the rest are not innocent only not guilty. I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of other scenarios and/or actual situations to show this.....I'm just not so this isn't longer than it already is.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    dburkhead......

I am not trying to incite any emotion in you or stir the pot....merely posting some info that some may or may not be aware of or at the very least a side that has not been presented yet.

I will first just bluntly say it and then explain further. Not everyone found not guilty or had charges dismissed are in fact innocent of the charges they were arrested for. They were in fact guilty but were not convicted of the crime(s) they were arrested for a variety of reasons.

Just as an example.....I have been involved in an arrest that the person had an 8 ball of cocaine in their front pocket. For technical reasons, the charges were dismissed. That does not mean they were innocent of the crime of Possession of a Controlled Substance because they were guilty and admitted as much but do to other reasons (not secificaly this case but those reasons could be: paperwork issues, bad testimony by the officer, good testimony by the suspect, good defense attorny, bad prosecutor......etc).

I will agree with you that there probably are some innocent people in jail, however that number is way lower than has been discussed on here. Do I have an exact number......no I dont nor is there anyway to find that number. I can and will say that there are a lot of people walking around without a crminal arrest, I didn't say conviction but arrest, on their record because I used discretion at the time and did not arrest them. I work under the philosiphy that was told to me by a very senior officer a long time ago. He told me: "Not eveyone has to go to jail everytime". I along with the VAST majority of officer work this way. If I arrested everyone I legally could have.......I would get nothing but paperwork done. Just because legally I can, and at sometimes should, does not mean that I morally should.

Now there are officers that do not work this way, I will not even try to say that because they do in fact exist.........I work with one daily. But don't think for a second that I haven't tried to change his views or thought process because I have but to no avail. I will continue to try as will other officer. With that being said though......none of his arrests that I am aware of were legally wrong, just morally wrong........in my eyes.

I guess my main point to all this rambling is that just because someone has a not guilty or charges dimissed on their record does not mean they were innocent of the crime they were arrested for. If you have access to it.....when you check someones criminal history it shows the arrest and then below that it will say one of 3 things: Guilty, Not Guilty, Nolo Contendre. Notice the word "innocent" is not listed in there. There is a reason for that..........because while a very small percentage MIGHT be innocent, the rest are not innocent only not guilty. I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of other scenarios and/or actual situations to show this.....I'm just not so this isn't longer than it already is.

Very good stuff, FPD. I will say one thing, though. In all of America, I believe that there are many more people that have gone to jail while innocent than some may think. The innocence (sp?) project has shown that from time to time after being in the court system (not a criminal, lol) and doing streetwork, I will say, that there are some morally wrong arrests (I agree with you on that). My FTO told me the same thing... there is always discretion. Some people screw up and could probably use a break. Then there are others that will only learn when they go to jail.

I think part of my problem with the system is how its always being pushed and pried to its breaking point to get the bad guy... sometimes maybe it's needed, but as shown, some innocent people are going to jail because of it.... who knows, right?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Very good stuff, FPD. I will say one thing, though. In all of America, I believe that there are many more people that have gone to jail while innocent than some may think. The innocence (sp?) project has shown that from time to time after being in the court system (not a criminal, lol) and doing streetwork, I will say, that there are some morally wrong arrests (I agree with you on that). My FTO told me the same thing... there is always discretion. Some people screw up and could probably use a break. Then there are others that will only learn when they go to jail.

I think part of my problem with the system is how its always being pushed and pried to its breaking point to get the bad guy... sometimes maybe it's needed, but as shown, some innocent people are going to jail because of it.... who knows, right?

I do agree, there are innocent people in jail. Just nowhere close to the numbers or alledged numbers presented here. Some may belive me....some may not. I just put the information out there that I know as fact.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Do you really think that highly of your own near infallibility?
    Apparently not nearly as highly as you think of yourself. Sweet Jesus...if it makes you feel better about yourself I'll tell you that you win... :rolleyes:

128867105616782623.jpg

My original quote was not intended to start an argument... You sir...are the king of the internet!! All hail the king...

kingofinternet.jpg

Go ahead...proceed with your victory dance... :):

8-30-08+070.JPG

Last edited:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

I didn't say that they were. In fact, recognition of that fact is implicit in the statement I've made that I specifically was not saying that the majority of people arrested are not guilty.

So will people kindly stop attributing to me things I never said?

From what I've seen here, the assumption seems to be that everyone, or nearly so is actually guilty and that just isn't so. But they're all treated the same. And if the posts here are any indication (never mind my own experiences) they're all treated as if they were guilty.

I will say this about my own experience. I have no complaints at all about the police officer who actually arrested me (who, incidentally, was not the one who interviewed by wife). He was unfailingly courteous and did not only not add to the unpleasantness of the whole affair but actually tried to minimize it.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Apparently not nearly as highly as you think of yourself. Sweet Jesus...if it makes you feel better about yourself I'll tell you that you win... :rolleyes:

128867105616782623.jpg

My original quote was not intended to start an argument... You sir...are the king of the internet!! All hail the king...

kingofinternet.jpg

Go ahead...proceed with your victory dance... :):

8-30-08+070.JPG

Thank you. Your post above proves my point better than any numbers or posts of mine ever could.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Where the heck are the mods on this thread jack?

:hijack:Attention----Attention:hijack:

This was the subject, let’s get back on track.

I need to check your receipt

A post in the Hobby Lobby thread reminded me that the all powerful greeters will shortly be en masse at the WallyWorld (and others) store exits as the Christmas shopping push is forced upon us.
    What's your M.O.?
    "No, thank you" while you keep walking and anticipate sirens?
    Hand over the receipt while giving dirty looks and tapping your foot with hands on hips?
    Approaching the door with your receipt in hand while channeling Clint Eastwood and giving the "Go ahead, Punk" speech through clenched teeth?
    What do you do?

Where are the Mods in this case of a fragrant thread jack? Let’s move the cops vs. criminals to another thread and get back to an interesting subject. I personally am not interested to learn how many INGO members have records, that is more information then people need to know,

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Want to really screw with them? The next time that they fail to deactivate something that you purchase and the alarm goes off when you leave, take the RFID tag off at home and keep it. Carry it with you every time you go back. It will trigger the alarm every time you enter and leave. Seeing the look on the greeters face when the alarm goes off and the only person around is coming INTO the store is priceless. Or so I've been told.;)

and no fun.. ask me how I know.

The door "nazi" that no longer works at WalMart in Beech Grove was working the day my daughters boyfriend had a sensor on his shirt from a different store. It set it off while we were walking in. I told her, please take note of him that he set this off going in. "I see" was her response.
    Upon departure I told the boy, wait until I clear the door or we will be standing here forever, he didn't wait. She proceeds to jump in front of me, wants a reciept etc. I reminded her of the boy setting it off when we came in. Her response "I don't care." So the boy continues to stand where the alarm won't stop going off, even though I am well past it by now. She asks me to ask him to move so the alarm will stop. Told her no, he can stay there until we are finished. At that point and time she let me go.

Now this really ticked me off because I was employed at that walmart at that time. She knew me, knew I worked there and still harrassed me. She was over heard in the break room saying she loved harrassing people when the left the store, really made her day. Yes this was an old lady that some would look at like a Grandma.

Now having worked at WalMart and knowing what they look for to check your reciept I plan ahead at the check out counter. If it doesnt go in a bag, they will stop you. If it has a sensor that isn't deactivated, they will stop you. Now I put everything that falls into those catagories either at the very front or the very back, makes it easier to find on the reciept that way. As I am walking out I walk up to them and tell them, "it is here on the reciept". 9 times out of 10 they don't even look and wave me on. Makes my life easier and theirs too.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A few months ago, my wife and I decided to stock up on drinks (and by stock up, I mean one over-flowing cart of drinks - they were on sale). We go through the checkout, right by the door, pay for everything, and I start heading out the door. The door greeter sees me, hops off her stool, and says, "I need to see your receipt before you leave the store." I replied, "No, you don't" and wheeled the cart right around her and out the door. I head out to the car, load up the drinks, and my wife finally shows up. She decided to stop and show the receipt. My wife tells me that the door greeter was on the verge of tears because I had refused to stop, and she was apologizing for making me mad. I'm guessing she had never had that happen before. Now, when we go in Walmart and she's working, she always seems to go on break when we are in the check out line.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    :hijack:Attention----Attention:hijack:

This was the subject, let’s get back on track.

Where are the Mods in this case of a fragrant thread jack? Let’s move the cops vs. criminals to another thread and get back to an interesting subject. I personally am not interested to learn how many INGO members have records, that is more information then people need to know,

My apologies to Annie and to all others that attempted to stay true to this thread. I normally try to not get involved in thread jacking. I am one of the guilty ones this time. :ingo:

Top Bottom