• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I think I'll go to Wal-Mart on my way to work tonight...and on my way out the door throw some dirt in the old lady's eyes at the exit door...kick her in the head while she's on the ground and tell her how important I am.

Take that...old lady!!! :rockwoot: YOU APPARENTLY DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH! *kicking her in the head one last time*

Damn...I feel good about myself!!! :lmfao:

(how's that for a fantasy??) ;) Crap...I scuffed my boot...

Last edited:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I don't so much mind the people asking to see a receipt. But I don't stop for the alarms. I've heard them go off a hundred times, and it's been a false alarm every time (or at least nobody was caught stealing anything). With my luck, though, one of these times I'll ignore the alarm when I forgot to take off a hat or sunglasses I was trying on.

renegade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    IN
    Wal-mart never asks me to see my receipt. Guess it has something to do with going in at 3am and going through the only line that is open.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I can't believe this is such a big issue for some of you! Who freaking cares if the want to se your receipt!? Are you in that big of a hurry? Is the extra 5 seconds it'll take you to get to your mini van a matter of national security or life & death?? It's like telemarketers just someone trying to pay the bills it's not personal so don't make it that way, it's business! If you have an issue with them asking take it up with the company and their policies and go somewhere else, no need to rag on and give the greeter a hard time. And just because they don't look dress or even act like you doesn't mean they are freaks. :draw:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Hmmm.....second time in a week that one of the loudest chest-thumpers on the board has spouted off about being arrested/locked up. I think I'm seeing a pattern. :cool:

"Chest thumper" ? That's comedy !! Seriously though , don't turn into a stalker . Oh and I'd like to see your evidence Mr prosecutor .

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I've never been asked for my receipt upon exiting walmart. However there are those times when the door alarm goes off that I step over to the greeter station and let them see the receipt. Usually they get a cashier number off the bottom and tell me to go my way. If anybody has a problem with being asked for a receipt AFTER the door alarm goes off they need their head examined!
    This is the only form of theft control walmart has in place that I am aware of. If the alarm goes off I step over to the greeter station and show my receipt voluntarily. Those big shotts that say that even if the alarm goes off I just keep walikng ... they got nuthin on me! Kind of like when you hear your car alarm going off and you look out the waindow ans see somebody very near your car but walking away, would you not want to question that person?
    Geez!... some people!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I've never been asked for my receipt upon exiting walmart. However there are those times when the door alarm goes off that I step over to the greeter station and let them see the receipt. Usually they get a cashier number off the bottom and tell me to go my way. If anybody has a problem with being asked for a receipt AFTER the door alarm goes off they need their head examined!
    This is the only form of theft control walmart has in place that I am aware of. If the alarm goes off I step over to the greeter station and show my receipt voluntarily. Those big shotts that say that even if the alarm goes off I just keep walikng ... they got nuthin on me! Kind of like when you hear your car alarm going off and you look out the waindow ans see somebody very near your car but walking away, would you not want to question that person?
    Geez!... some people!

I assume that remark was directed at me. I didn't say I had a problem with someone asking me for a receipt if the alarm goes off. If someone asks me for my receipt, as I mentioned above, I give it to them. I just don't make it my job to stand around and wait for someone if I haven't done anything.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I rarely stop to allow my receipt to be checked. I walk out with receipt in hand, and have rarely been asked to have it checked. Perhaps my soft and cuddly facial expression, makes me appear innocent.....

Having said that..... I once asked a store manager about the practice of checking receipts on departure.... I was surprised at his answer.

He told me that checking receipts is the only way they can make sure that their cashiers don't willingly fail to scan items that an accomplice tries to simply walk out of the store with. The cashier has the ability to demagnetize the anti-theft device and simply not scan the item.

Never thought about that before, but it makes sense that way... :dunno:

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I always stop for the buzzer, to me as a younger guy who knows half the Walmart greeters by name. Heck it gives me 5 minutes to slow down and shoot some bull for a few. :dunno:

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As many said I only show the receipt if I have unbagged items or something big like an LCD TV or a weedwhacker. For Costco/Sams I'm screwed.

Has anyone had issues at Best Buy? I was present at a heated argument once where they harassed the customer even in the parking lot. That gave me a chance to slip by without being harassed.

Old acquaintance of mine worked at a Best Buy in the early '90s. He said kids would come in with backpacks and shoulder bags, and would trip the alarm when they left. The kids would decline the search and they had to let them go as there was nothing they could do. Given what you saw, I guess things have changed since then, or someone didn't get the memo.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    It was a balmy and rainy October night when I decided to go to WalMart for some cop killing .25 ACP hollowpoints, tactical Mountain Dew and a new keyboard. I broke the last keyboard in a heated internet discussion about whether or not the feds were finally on to me since my creation of the tactical fighting wheelbarrow. I had been slangin' them on the black market for three weeks now and I had a feeling they were hot on my tail.

After hitting the ammo counter and chatting it up with an ex-green-beret-super-marine-delta-force brother in arms, it was with with great regret that he informed me that they did not carry .25ACP hollowpoints at this store. Too dangerous for the common man to have... I understand. He said if I showed my super secret license to kill at Don's Guns, they might have some in stock to sell me... in the back room of course. I made a mental note to drive there on my next day off from work.

I then proceeded to the drink aisle where I grabbed a sixer of 20 ounce bottles of Mountain Dew. The sweet and syrupy drink of tactical gods. Not only does it provide me with the caffeine I need for double taps, but its carbohydrates (in the form of sugar) give me the fuel I need for all the double-backing I do when exiting the store. One can never be too careful when it comes to personal security.

I then went to the electronics counter and picked out a keyboard. It was a hard decision to make. The greyish older style of keyboards are more practical but not tactical. I need keyboards to match my command gear. Black. Black as the deeds I've done on the night. Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie. It was also five dollars more. Sam Walton is on to the resistance. Not to self, research WalMart's corporate policy on tactical keyboards. Open carry or concealed?

After paying for my purchases, I was accosted by a greeter doing double duty. She must have been undercover. It was smart of WalMart to put her in charge. She doesn't look like the type who asks questions. She wanted to check my receipt. I told her she could check my knuckles. They were covered in the finest Blackhawk shooting gloves. You never know when you have to draw your blade. She said all she was doing was asking to see if all of my items had rang up correctly at the register. I know her ploys, I attempted to do a barrel roll through the security sensors. However, because I've taken on the tank mentality of making your body carry extra weight for survival and SHTF situations, I rolled hard on my side and crushed my manboob. It hurt. I knew at this point that the greeter was a worthy adversary. While I was clutching my manboob and reaching for a Mountain Dew for sustenance, she found my receipt and marked on it with a marker. The jig was up. She was a Fed! The ink was a tracking device to find out where my secret bunker location was located! I grabbed what purchases I could manage within reach before she could get a sample of my DNA. You see, I have thinning hair so its easy to obtain a sample. I also have psoriasis and I've not treated it (you know the FDA probably has nanomachines in their drugs) so it would be easy for her to grab a skin sample.

Of the tragedies that night, I was not able to grab my keyboard. How am I typing this, you ask? Well, I'll never tell. Let's just say one of my brothers-in-arms is letting me crash at his place. You know, the one who was a marine-Delta-Force-sniper? Turns out, I forgot to pay my internet bill, but who can afford dial-up in THIS economy?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know her ploys, I attempted to do a barrel roll through the security sensors. However, because I've taken on the tank mentality of making your body carry extra weight for survival and SHTF situations, I rolled hard on my side and crushed my manboob. It hurt. I knew at this point that the greeter was a worthy adversary. While I was clutching my manboob and reaching for a Mountain Dew for sustenance, she found my receipt and marked on it with a marker. The jig was up. She was a Fed! The ink was a tracking device to find out where my secret bunker location was located! I grabbed what purchases I could manage within reach before she could get a sample of my DNA. You see, I have thinning hair so its easy to obtain a sample. I also have psoriasis and I've not treated it (you know the FDA probably has nanomachines in their drugs) so it would be easy for her to grab a skin sample.

You forgot to blade at a 45 degree angle and yell "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY RECEIPT" but you will learn, :cool:

kungfupipe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Greencastle
    i do believe in indiana the law is, if they impede your exit they hereby are affecting an arrest.so if they are not a merit officer of the law, then you just keep walking! :rockwoot:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have no problem showing my receipt as I leave any store. We are in trying times and stores are just trying to stop the BGs. I just wish they would stop people for not speaking English.

Why not ask .......

Are you here on vacation....if not.......

Why are you not speaking English? Do you know how? Please bring us your receipt on passing an English Class before you enter Our Store again.

While I'm not sure I really want this to happen in Our Country, I am sure tired of have us accommodate "them" without "them" putting forth an effort to learn our ways of life and Language.

Last edited:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    It was a balmy and rainy October night when I decided to go to WalMart for some cop killing .25 ACP hollowpoints, tactical Mountain Dew and a new keyboard. I broke the last keyboard in a heated internet discussion about whether or not the feds were finally on to me since my creation of the tactical fighting wheelbarrow. I had been slangin' them on the black market for three weeks now and I had a feeling they were hot on my tail.

After hitting the ammo counter and chatting it up with an ex-green-beret-super-marine-delta-force brother in arms, it was with with great regret that he informed me that they did not carry .25ACP hollowpoints at this store. Too dangerous for the common man to have... I understand. He said if I showed my super secret license to kill at Don's Guns, they might have some in stock to sell me... in the back room of course. I made a mental note to drive there on my next day off from work.

I then proceeded to the drink aisle where I grabbed a sixer of 20 ounce bottles of Mountain Dew. The sweet and syrupy drink of tactical gods. Not only does it provide me with the caffeine I need for double taps, but its carbohydrates (in the form of sugar) give me the fuel I need for all the double-backing I do when exiting the store. One can never be too careful when it comes to personal security.

I then went to the electronics counter and picked out a keyboard. It was a hard decision to make. The greyish older style of keyboards are more practical but not tactical. I need keyboards to match my command gear. Black. Black as the deeds I've done on the night. Darker than a black steer's tookus on a moonless prairie. It was also five dollars more. Sam Walton is on to the resistance. Not to self, research WalMart's corporate policy on tactical keyboards. Open carry or concealed?

After paying for my purchases, I was accosted by a greeter doing double duty. She must have been undercover. It was smart of WalMart to put her in charge. She doesn't look like the type who asks questions. She wanted to check my receipt. I told her she could check my knuckles. They were covered in the finest Blackhawk shooting gloves. You never know when you have to draw your blade. She said all she was doing was asking to see if all of my items had rang up correctly at the register. I know her ploys, I attempted to do a barrel roll through the security sensors. However, because I've taken on the tank mentality of making your body carry extra weight for survival and SHTF situations, I rolled hard on my side and crushed my manboob. It hurt. I knew at this point that the greeter was a worthy adversary. While I was clutching my manboob and reaching for a Mountain Dew for sustenance, she found my receipt and marked on it with a marker. The jig was up. She was a Fed! The ink was a tracking device to find out where my secret bunker location was located! I grabbed what purchases I could manage within reach before she could get a sample of my DNA. You see, I have thinning hair so its easy to obtain a sample. I also have psoriasis and I've not treated it (you know the FDA probably has nanomachines in their drugs) so it would be easy for her to grab a skin sample.

Of the tragedies that night, I was not able to grab my keyboard. How am I typing this, you ask? Well, I'll never tell. Let's just say one of my brothers-in-arms is letting me crash at his place. You know, the one who was a marine-Delta-Force-sniper? Turns out, I forgot to pay my internet bill, but who can afford dial-up in THIS economy?

LMAO!

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I assume that remark was directed at me. I didn't say I had a problem with someone asking me for a receipt if the alarm goes off. If someone asks me for my receipt, as I mentioned above, I give it to them. I just don't make it my job to stand around and wait for someone if I haven't done anything.

You assume incorrectly Sir
    That remark was directed at nobody in particular unless you are one that says "I don't mind showing my receipt for unbagged items but NOT if that intrepid alarm goes off. I just keep walking if that happens"
    That's like saying I don't really mind if they check my receipt to see that I didn't steal that mop handle or case of water... but I will not be hasseled if the cashier didn't properly disarm the security tag in my new copy of Rambo and it made the alarm go off! I didn't do anything wrong for cryin out loud.
    Just doesn't make sense to me. :dunno:

Top Bottom