• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm not married yet sadly, but I'm having probs convincing my dad that we need to be prepared more. He keeps trying to tell me I need to think positive and that something like that isn't gonna happen. I just say Dad you listen to Beck, Rush, and Hannity all the time can't you see that we are in possible danger in the future? Let alone natural disasters. But he just won't listen. So everything is up to me to get ready. I just hope I can do enough in time.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'm not married yet sadly, but I'm having probs convincing my dad that we need to be prepared more. He keeps trying to tell me I need to think positive and that something like that isn't gonna happen. I just say Dad you listen to Beck, Rush, and Hannity all the time can't you see that we are in possible danger in the future? Let alone natural disasters. But he just won't listen. So everything is up to me to get ready. I just hope I can do enough in time.

Sounds like dad is in denial.
    Perhaps you could remind him about Katrina? Other disasters?
    Suggest the Red Cross or Fema sites suggestions. (Maybe if it comes from someone else, he will listen.)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    My wife seems to be very receptive to the idea. While she may have some of the "it can't happen/it won't happen" attitude she is willing to go along with my ideas.

The problem is time and money. Not a lot of funds and don't feel like I will hit a sufficient level of preparedness by the time SHTF. I have just recently started thinking about preparedness. What got me started was the stories by Jerry and then by reading posts in this forum. In a way I feel like it's to little to late. There is no way I can do the stuff I want to do with the amount of funds available.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    My wife seems to be very receptive to the idea. While she may have some of the "it can't happen/it won't happen" attitude she is willing to go along with my ideas.

The problem is time and money. Not a lot of funds and don't feel like I will hit a sufficient level of preparedness by the time SHTF. I have just recently started thinking about preparedness. What got me started was the stories by Jerry and then by reading posts in this forum. In a way I feel like it's to little to late. There is no way I can do the stuff I want to do with the amount of funds available.

Just do a little each week.
    Whenever you shop, just by a couple (double) what you usually get. Take advantage of sales. Buy in bulk (it's cheaper), get the store brands if possible, etc.

Make sure you have water for sure. Buy the foods that go the farthest. (pastas, beans, soups that you can add to, can goods, non parishables, whatever you like. Pre made pasta sauces - especially those that include meat.

A little extra each week will build up quickly.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Amazing, isn't it, that a program that "was not successful enough to keep on air", had such a huge impact on survival/preparedness awareness?! :dunno:

So many people are better off now thanks to Jericho. :patriot:

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Amazing, isn't it, that a program that "was not successful enough to keep on air", had such a huge impact on survival/preparedness awareness?! :dunno:

So many people are better off now thanks to Jericho. :patriot:
    It is on the air on channel 4 or 29 on Sundays

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just checked CW- WBUI (ch 8 here) and it's no longer there. (none scheduled, it said) I was hoping they would show the alt ending, but no. :xmad:

What is your ch 4 and 29? Maybe I can get it on a channel under our cable system.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    There's an alternate ending? I literally just finished watching season 2 maybe 10 minutes ago. (I think netflix would be one of the things I miss most about SHTF :) )

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    There's an alternate ending? I literally just finished watching season 2 maybe 10 minutes ago. (I think netflix would be one of the things I miss most about SHTF :) )

The DVD of the second season has it on it. I'm not going to tell you anything about it, because I don't want to spoil it for you.

(Other than it's GREAT! :rockwoot: :patriot:)

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Have her watch the Iranians get their asses kicked & randomly slaughtered for standing up against the tyranny that is taking place after the rigged elections.Yes,they have gun control.No,you may not peacefully assemble as that is a 'riot'.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Just watched the pilot episode of Jericho on Hulu. Wow. I'm suprised I had never heard of this show before. Looks like I'll be spending some time on the PC watchin T.V..

raiven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i have the same problem my wife works in the human services feild and she thinks im nuts for telling her the same thing. its a up hill battle.

raiven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    whats it going to take is when it finally happens for them to belive it my pokes fun of me ands says we looks stupied for doing this.so i tell her they better not come to my house for help they wont get it that were the fight begins thinking i was talking abought here then.

Top Bottom