• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well kids the jist of it seems to be, don't drive with a suspended license and allow your passenger who's been drinking to litter out the window of your car when a cop is following thus getting you pulled over , arrested and your car towed for driving while suspended .

I got most of it right then.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Well kids the jist of it seems to be, don't drive with a suspended license and allow your passenger who's been drinking to litter out the window of your car when a cop is following thus getting you pulled over , arrested and your car towed for driving while suspended .

At one point I had to for a short time. My license was suspended due to an accident being reported to the DMV even though we didn't even make claims on each other insurance (we called the cops but I don't remember if they ever showed, both cars were minor damaged with older cars we didn't worry too much about it).

CLowe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    It's people like the OP that give the gun grabbers a Woody

He is like Diane's wet dream :D:n00b:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    At one point I had to for a short time. My license was suspended due to an accident being reported to the DMV even though we didn't even make claims on each other insurance (we called the cops but I don't remember if they ever showed, both cars were minor damaged with older cars we didn't worry too much about it).

You had to drive while suspended with a drinking passenger who littered in front of a cop?
    I'm well aware that any accident report will result in a suspension until proof of insurance can be made but the OP had 4 years to clear this up.
    Until his license was reinstated it may have been wise,in retrospect to not have driven ,at least in front of a cop and even then had the drinking passenger , temporarily unable to drive herself,not littered while being followed this may not have transpired as did.
    An analogy is the person who gets pulled over for a driving /safety/equipment infraction and is found to have a meth lab on board, if you're going to do something illegal don't scream " PULL ME OVER"( with more blatant illegal acts) to every cop who passes by .

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    No, but it was temp. suspended. I made sure to go very little above the speed limit if I did at that time. Until it cleared up (a few days) I had to get to work.
    I dealt with something similar for about a year...

I had hit some ice and slid off the road - called a tow truck and about oh... 30 minutes after being stuck and as I see the tow truck coming down the road a Sheriff happens to be driving by and stops - fills out some sort of report for some unknown reason and gives me a form to send to the BMV saying I had insurance when I had this accident.

There was no damage to my car, to the road, to anything at all - just couldn't get back onto the road.

Sent in the paperwork, they contacted my insurance company at the time [GEICO] and Geico provided them the wrong information. I was in a 1989 Dodge Spirit. GEICO told the BMV that our 1998 Saturn Spirit [we had a 98 Saturn SC2 at the time] was insured... As such, the BMV concluded we did not have coverage on the 89 and suspended my license.

Got with GEICO, had them send it again - this time it was a 1989 Toyota Spirit... We didn't own a Toyota.

Third time - similar mishap, don't remember what they said I was insured on that time around...

Finally I got on the phone with GEICO and told them they would fax the paperwork to me and I would verify it [while still on the phone] and then take it to the BMV myself. They faxed me 6 incorrect copies before getting the right one - I really have no idea what their deal was at the time.

That said - who knows what would have happened had I got stopped. I kept all of the documentation, proof of insurance, etc in the car just in case but likely the cop wouldn't care and I'd have to tell it to a judge.

Thankfully I didn't get pulled over and I'm no longer not saving 15% on car insurance [never did, GEICO was expensive for me compared to others]... With State Farm now.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    mine got suspended due to an insurance SNAFU while I was in the police academy. by the time I got the notice from BMV it had already been fixed.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    406570834.jpg
    EPIC

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I dealt with something similar for about a year...

I had hit some ice and slid off the road - called a tow truck and about oh... 30 minutes after being stuck and as I see the tow truck coming down the road a Sheriff happens to be driving by and stops - fills out some sort of report for some unknown reason and gives me a form to send to the BMV saying I had insurance when I had this accident.

There was no damage to my car, to the road, to anything at all - just couldn't get back onto the road.

Sent in the paperwork, they contacted my insurance company at the time [GEICO] and Geico provided them the wrong information. I was in a 1989 Dodge Spirit. GEICO told the BMV that our 1998 Saturn Spirit [we had a 98 Saturn SC2 at the time] was insured... As such, the BMV concluded we did not have coverage on the 89 and suspended my license.

Got with GEICO, had them send it again - this time it was a 1989 Toyota Spirit... We didn't own a Toyota.

Third time - similar mishap, don't remember what they said I was insured on that time around...

Finally I got on the phone with GEICO and told them they would fax the paperwork to me and I would verify it [while still on the phone] and then take it to the BMV myself. They faxed me 6 incorrect copies before getting the right one - I really have no idea what their deal was at the time.

That said - who knows what would have happened had I got stopped. I kept all of the documentation, proof of insurance, etc in the car just in case but likely the cop wouldn't care and I'd have to tell it to a judge.

Thankfully I didn't get pulled over and I'm no longer not saving 15% on car insurance [never did, GEICO was expensive for me compared to others]... With State Farm now.

Yeah, we didn't report it to the police (called them, but didn't make a report), thus I didn't have my insurance guy send in that I had it. A few months later I get a thing saying I didn't provide insurance and my license was suspended.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom