• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The 1911A1 was my EDC for a lot of years, made in 1924. The New Service in 44-40 was made in 1903, somebody carved out the grips as they are homemade. Gun came from out west where I figure somebody with a Winchester chambered in 44-40 bought it and made the grips for it. It just has a personal feel to it.:)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    For me it's my HiPower:

f1c4g9j

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Still a great thread if you do what I did and exercise the ignore list. Been here since 08 and it's the first time I've needed to use it.
    This is true! I forgot about that! I've used it once before, but then curiosity got the best of me....

Pic thread. Really love this one too.... This was the day I brought her home, couldn't wait.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Stainless SA Loaded 1911 .45acp
    (NM serial number, someone told me that was important)

I have always been in love with 1911s and especially stainless 1911s. I had owned several 1911s before this one, including a standard Mil-Spec Springer in stainless. I stumbled upon this one day during a casual stroll through my LGS. I had no intention and was not looking for a 1911 at all, just innocently browsing around. I had a Remington R1 blued at the time that I was very content with. So I spot this Loaded Springer in the corner of the shelf and knew instantly that I was buying it. Picked it up, looked it over briefly and the rest was history. I sold the Remington very shortly after that. I love shooting it, love holding it, and love cleaning it. I am planning on making some minor upgrades down the road, but would be perfectly fine with never change anything at all. The only upgrade so far is a Dawson fiber optic front sight. I LOVE THIS GUN.

attachment.php

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Stainless SA Loaded 1911 .45acp
    (NM serial number, someone told me that was important)

I have always been in love with 1911s and especially stainless 1911s. I had owned several 1911s before this one, including a standard Mil-Spec Springer in stainless. I stumbled upon this one day during a casual stroll through my LGS. I had no intention and was not looking for a 1911 at all, just innocently browsing around. I had a Remington R1 blued at the time that I was very content with. So I spot this Loaded Springer in the corner of the shelf and knew instantly that I was buying it. Picked it up, looked it over briefly and the rest was history. I sold the Remington very shortly after that. I love shooting it, love holding it, and love cleaning it. I am planning on making some minor upgrades down the road, but would be perfectly fine with never change anything at all. The only upgrade so far is a Dawson fiber optic front sight. I LOVE THIS GUN.

attachment.php

I've always been a sucker for stainless, and when it's a stainless 1911, I have a hard time resisting new ones.

Top Bottom