• Total voters

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I LOVE GLOCKS!!

Favorites, in no particular order (How can you put them in order?)17, 17L 19, 34, 22. 23, 35, 37 (I know), 21SF, and maybe a 20SF. 24 would be good with me, but I would rather have an 18. Maybe I should call GPD.

Hmm, no Subs. My fat fingers don't fit on the grips that well.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    First and foremost, i must thank Nht3 for the great work he did to my glock 22 last night. I bought mine used, apparently it had the ny trigger spring and it was horrible. I was seriously thinking i had made a mistake buying this weapon. NHT3 messaged me about doing some work on the trigger. i live pretty close to him, so he came picked up the weapon, brought sample pistols with him for me to try. We found the one i liked and he made mine perform in the same manner. Delivered back to me the next morning. All for 45 dollars. I Cant thank him enough. If he had not helped i may have made the decision to get rid of the glock and went with something else, now i love my glock. Cant wait to see what more upgrades will do to it. I drank the cool aid, AND IT WAS GOOD!

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I was originally forced by our police department to convert to a Glock. It was a good thing! Most people don't realize our Glocks are like high capacity revolvers. You get the same trigger pull of 3.5lb or 5.5lb each and every time unlike my old Sig P226 which had a 10lb double action and then a 2.5 single action. My Sig required me to master two different trigger pulls with the first trigger pull at 11lbs. Remember, the first shot is usually the most important.

Won over ten State and Regional Championships with a stock Glock 34 or 35. I'm sold!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    My NPOA with a Glock is about 2 feet over target at 10 feet, so for that reason I own none of them. Springfield XDm and 1911 go right where I intend them to point, so I carry them. All of the above are reliable firearms, all well built. Shoot what gets rounds on target and what feels most natural to hold.
    Did I read this wrong? 2 feet high at a little over three yards? I think the grip angle is the least of your worries.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I will tell you guys the truth. i wanted to hate glocks. i hate it when people just go along with trends. I had what i thought was a great pistol. taurus pt92. very accurate gun. but it would not eject cheap ammo. and it was freakin heavy, but i loved it.
    I fell into financial trouble, and had to sell it.
    once money was stable again, i decided 350 for a used g22 was worth the risk. i could not have been more right. taurus was more accurate, but this glock just keeps firing. 500 rounds later and no failures. pt92 would have given at least 15 by this point. i have shot some really cheap crap through the glock, and it does not care.
    it has changed my point of view on what a pistol should be and do.
    i have read stories about lots of 1911s, that have problems. i relize now that your weapon defends you, your family, and your fellow human. i almost said man, but figured that would upset the ladies. it must shoot everytime. cheap ammo, cheap mags, needs to break in, or i bought the cheap one, is not a excuse that i think should be valid. i have seen a person talk about his colt 1911 not likeing colt mags. are you kidding me? and you say we drink the cool aid.
    Glock has proven itself to me. i hope to find another pistol manufacture that can do the same thing some day.

i love bacon

TR1032

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    I've never had a single problem with any of my Glocks, they've been great. I just sold my Gen 2 G17 and had planned to pick up an Gen 3 or (maybe) a Gen 4 to replace it. The more I think about it though, I'm leaning toward just getting a 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 to use at the range.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I've never had a single problem with any of my Glocks, they've been great. I just sold my Gen 2 G17 and had planned to pick up an Gen 3 or (maybe) a Gen 4 to replace it. The more I think about it though, I'm leaning toward just getting a 9mm conversion barrel for my G22 to use at the range.
    let me know how it turns out, i have been kicking around the same idea for a while now.

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Glocks are fantastic guns. Nothing wrong with steel frame pistols. I own a Sig P229R and S&W 1911. Both great pistols IMO, but my G27 G3 with Trijicon HD night sights is one of my favorites! BTW, Trijicon HD night sights were the best upgrades I've ever invested in.
    Take care,

et_aruba

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    NWI
    Conversion barrels are IMO a great investment. Make sure you get a true conversion (like Lone Wolf, for example) barrel and not just a replacement barrel. The main difference is that the inner diameter of the conversion barrel is off-set slightly, so your .40 striker lines up with the new 9MM position. I have .40 to .357 sig conversion barrel for my Sig and G27 and am looking for a 9MM conversion barrel next. A bit more economical to plink with... :-)

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    I have a gen3 model19 as my edc. I chose the model19 because of its size, capacity, and huge holster choices. But mainly because I find its handling as an edc superior to others I've tried.
    But my fav-o-rite shooter is my full size HK USP 9mm :rockwoot: A real joy to put rounds down range. I've had this HK over 15 years and never fails in any way.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    motivator6fe3cc31c6ef8f59ab6f52514cc6b21d8263079d.jpg

i do own 2 Glocks. And I am really weird because my Gen 4 17 is my favorite non-1911 handgun.

Top Bottom