I know this is going to sound silly, but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I appreciate the effort. And I appreciate your comment. I have to admit I was a little worried that taking note of someone's name and address was kind of "stalkerish" but under the circumstances I didn't care. Like I said, for whatever reason, I HAD to do it.
    Stalkerish, that was the word I was looking for:D

You should take him a pizza next week. I'm buying.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can only imagine. After seeing what my mother went through, I'm dreading when (if) that time comes for me. I just don't feel like rushing this guy into something right away the right thing to do. It would be nice if I hear from him. My return address is on the envelope I mailed him so maybe he will reach out :dunno:

My loss was tough...

[FONT=&quot]I accidentally flush him while cleaning his bowl.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]He looked so happy, spinning around in the toilet at first…and then….[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]…..I don’t want to talk about it anymore.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I miss that goldfish.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Do what you think your Spirit is telling you.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Follow through. Life IS too short as we all know.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Maybe you should bring him those “call in orders” that nobody picks up.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Or should I say – the ones [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]that [/FONT]you “ordered” and now have a stack of.

Pizza Heals All! :rockwoot:
    [/FONT]

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    The kindest lady delivered my pizza the other day..............................:thumbsup:

:fogey:

She was packing I think. :)

RnR :yesway:

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Thank you for sharing. I enjoy random acts of kindness, and not so random ones as well. A little perspective when we think we've got it bad is always appreciated.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Bump for my update :)

In the mail today was a card. As soon as I saw the return address, I smiled. Yes, it had me in tears (of course). Now I'm beyond certain that I did the right thing. What a wonderful soul it was whose path crossed mine. You just gotta love a happy ending :D

:thumbsup:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yet another update :D

Today when I went into work, I stopped to check our order screen to see how busy we were. I do this every day. Today I was kind of bummed out because there was ONE order. Then I saw the address and was immediately happy. Yep. He called up for a pizza again. Of course I decided I would run it out to him personally even though I had drivers today. When I got there I asked him how he's been the last few weeks and he looked at me like he was confused. I pointed to my name tag and I got the biggest smile I've ever seen. He said "That was you?! You're my hero!" We had a nice long chat. He showed me some pictures of his wife, showed me the spot on his mantle where he keeps the card I sent him, turned me on to a few country/rock artists I hadn't yet listened to, and gave me a huge hug. Best start of the work day EVER!

And yes, there were tears. But this time, they were good! I'm incredibly happy today. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom