I know this is going to sound silly, but...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    i think i got into the private message section of this site. i was just trying to defend MRS REDNECK but evidently she doesnt need any help.

I appreciate the effort. And I appreciate your comment. I have to admit I was a little worried that taking note of someone's name and address was kind of "stalkerish" but under the circumstances I didn't care. Like I said, for whatever reason, I HAD to do it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh my Gosh - You are such a Girly Girl!! :rolleyes:

You done good. Take the rest of the week off........With pay.

So.......You never did get to what we all want to know..........

What kind of pizza did he order? :dunno:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Oh my Gosh - You are such a Girly Girl!! :rolleyes:

Come on over to my place and say it to my face :draw:
    :laugh:

You done good. Take the rest of the week off........With pay.

What I wouldn't give for that to happen....

So.......You never did get to what we all want to know..........

What kind of pizza did he order? :dunno:

:dunno: I didn't pack the bag. I just ran the food. I can tell you though that I was most likely overpriced and not made with the quality ingredients most pizza joints would lead you to believe they use

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Wow. Touching story. Thanks for taking the time to share it.
    It's rare for the men to outlive the women. Sometimes it seems like they have a harder time dealing with it. You made a difference that day.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Great story. There is still good people out there, like you. That card will make his day!
    Hey, we're trying to be serious here. Stop crackin' jokes in the middle of our serious conversation.

:D ;)

I really do hope so. And even if it doesn't, I really needed to do that. I can't let someone make such an unbelievable impression on me without letting them know. I doubt he has any idea just what I felt that day, but hopefully the letter I sent with the card will shed some light on it.

I think you done good. Great, as a matter of fact.

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    That's a great story .. thanks for sharing.

We tend to take people for granted .. It's easy to forget that everyone has a story. Every one of us has lived a lifetime of ups and downs, good and bad, successes and losses, joy and pain. When we take the time to notice or hear the story, we become more human ...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds to me both lives were touched in a good way and I truly believe you were meant to deliver pizza that day OP :yesway:

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Have thought about dropping in on him? I've had one instance like yours that something little affected me a lot. I was even working in a pizza joint at the time. I became friends with this wonder older couple.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Have thought about dropping in on him? I've had one instance like yours that something little affected me a lot. I was even working in a pizza joint at the time. I became friends with this wonder older couple.

I actually have thought about it. I feel like I should give him a little time first though. I remember when my dad died a couple years ago. My mom didn't want anything to do with anyone for a little while. She just needed to hide from the world for a bit.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I actually have thought about it. I feel like I should give him a little time first though. I remember when my dad died a couple years ago. My mom didn't want anything to do with anyone for a little while. She just needed to hide from the world for a bit.

It's lonely - trust me. :(

Last edited:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's lonely - trust me. :(

I can only imagine. After seeing what my mother went through, I'm dreading when (if) that time comes for me. I just don't feel like rushing this guy into something right away the right thing to do. It would be nice if I hear from him. My return address is on the envelope I mailed him so maybe he will reach out :dunno:

Top Bottom