• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The facts have already proven this^ statement incorrect. From the inclusion of the Second Amendment to date, we have way less than we did to start. How can anyone say otherwise?

A major reason why you can see it that way is because ever since there was a 2nd, every law created to tarnish it has gone relatively unchallenged in court until now and they used the 10th as their excuse. It's much harder to get rid of a law than to create one. It's a little upsetting to say this but the SCOTUS will be our last hope on a national front.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I don't see the rabid anti-gun representatives and advocates being convinced of anything other than their own broken-record spiel.
    Can you give an example of someone who was swayed otherwise?

The facts have already proven this^ statement incorrect. From the inclusion of the Second Amendment to date, we have way less than we did to start. How can anyone say otherwise?

You are falling victim to the demonization that is preached from certain outlets. I personally know people who have changed their position on gun rights. I won't name them - they aren't famous, but they vote. And as far as timeframe is concerned, I am concerned with the present and the future - it can be influenced. The past can't be changed, so there's no point in dwelling on it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A major reason why you can see it that way is because ever since there was a 2nd, every law created to tarnish it has gone relatively unchallenged in court until now and they used the 10th as their excuse. It's much harder to get rid of a law than to create one. It's a little upsetting to say this but the SCOTUS will be our last hope on a national front.

No.
    There are options after.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The FACT of 2A is that it is poorly worded.

No, that's your opinion, and you're doing a poor job of defending it.

Without the "well regulated militia" part, it could be limited to hunting rifles, not the weapons of war.

Legal "scholars" have long tried to gut the second amendment for political reasons.

Weak minded citizens and cowards have stopped defending the second amendment because they don't like gun grabbers and the like saying mean things about them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A constitutional convention?

Exactly what the left would like.

Once a Constitutional Convention is constituted and convened anything and everything can be changed no holds barred no mater what it is called for. I can't think of a single person in the world I would want to have that power.

The founders were exceptional men.
    They crafted an exceptional document.
    Founded an exceptional Nation.

Many misunderstand the one thing that makes us exceptional. Don't miss this point, what makes us EXCEPTIONAL is our FREEDOM. We are the only nation on earth composed completely of free men (ladies please forgive the generic).

Exceptional does not mean that we are more excellent than others, just diffetent. The GRAND EXPERIMENT is whether a nation founded on freedom could stand (see A. L.'s Gburg. Add.). (Let's not do the three fifths argument right now, OK?)

When our dictator-in-chief says that every nation wants to believe that they are exceptional he shouts his ignorance.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So anyone who refuses to compromise has been brainwashed by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh? You're just as condescending and full of :poop: as the rest of the gun grabbers. Whispering sweet nothings into our ears about compromise will get you nowhere. I think everyone has seen enough of how that turns out for us. Personal freedom is what this is all about. I reject the control and conformity platform of the leftists. Once you take the 2nd away we will lose our freedom of speech, our freedom to worship according to our own beliefs and also the sanctity of our homes. No sir, not going to happen.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The FACT of 2A is that it is poorly worded. Without the "well regulated militia" part, it would be much simpler. Legal scholars have long disagreed with what it means, and there is no end in sight. The only true fact is that nobody really knows for sure. So we are left with trying to arrive at a consensus OPINION about what it really means. When you think about it, the same holds true for everything else in the constitution as well.

No, it is not a FACT, it is your OPINION.. Separate clauses, just like in the rest of the BoR. The wording is only unclear, if you try to twist it..

Give this article a read..
    J. Neil Schulman: The Unabridged Second Amendment
    "A well-schooled electorate, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read Books, shall not be infringed.'

"(2) Could this sentence be interpreted to restrict 'the right of the people to keep and read Books' only to 'a well-educated electorate' — for example, registered voters with a high-school diploma?"

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The FACT of 2A is that it is poorly worded. Without the "well regulated militia" part, it would be much simpler.

No, it is not a FACT, it is your OPINION.. Separate clauses, just like in the rest of the BoR. The wording is only unclear, if you try to twist it..
    [video=youtube;1KydSAKywdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KydSAKywdE[/video]

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Seriously, to believe it is poorly worded, one has to believe that our Founders were SO stupid, than the MEANT "Right of the Militia" but wrote "Right of the People" by mistake.

(JetGirl beat me to it, lol)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So if they were more conservative, they would have won? You can't seriously believe that, do you?

:facepalm:

Let's see...

Reagan won as a conservative.

Bush I won as a presumed conservative, truth notwithstanding.

Bush II won as an outspoken conservative.

Dole got shot down as a 'moderate'.

McStupid got shot down as a 'moderate'.

Romney got shot down as a 'moderate'.

Can you see a trend here or do you need someone to draw you a diagram?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The FACT of 2A is that it is poorly worded. Without the "well regulated militia" part, it would be much simpler. Legal scholars have long disagreed with what it means, and there is no end in sight. The only true fact is that nobody really knows for sure. So we are left with trying to arrive at a consensus OPINION about what it really means. When you think about it, the same holds true for everything else in the constitution as well.

This leaves me with only one question: Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you failing to realize that those who spew this nonsense are being deliberately obtuse in order to avoid the fact that the Constitution disallows their own agenda?

Top Bottom