• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    You are not going to get those on the other side to understand because THEY DON'T F**KING WANT TO UNDERSTAND. Can you not understand that?

I would also point out that you are arguing against yourself in your criticism of conservatives and their choice of candidates. Once again, conservatives (or presumed conservatives) have been responsible for every GOP Presidential win in my lifetime. "Moderates" have lost every time they ran. Unfortunately the "moderates" are in a position to exert disproportionate leverage on the primaries. Learn something from this. And, no, your earlier argument that conservatives should obediently put their full support behind whatever clown the RNC shoves up their asses doesn't work.
    The fact that you must resort to profanity and yelling just reinforces my point. You, and many others, are in a closed feedback loop. Sorry, I can't help you with that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The fact that you must resort to profanity and yelling just reinforces my point. You, and many others, are in a closed feedback loop. Sorry, I can't help you with that.

Nation Fire Arms Act 1934
    Gun Control Act 1968
    Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act 1968
    Undetectable Firearms 1988
    Gun Free Zone Act 1990
    Handgun Violence Prevention Act 1993 (Brady Bill)
    Federal Assault Weapons Ban 1994-2004

Just the Federal Law.
    State Laws would take too long.

Yup. Looks like we're stuck in a closed feedback loop.
    Silly us for not listening more, and giving up more.
    I'm sure if we just gave up more, they'd have their way, and stop.

Worked for Chamberlain in the 1930s.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

The fact that you curiously ignore any proof that your position is patently misguided reinforces our point. Did you read any of the links posted? Did you think about the counter points made to your position? No? So.. Who is "in a closed feedback loop" again?

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Who will argue? I will. Seat belts save lives. They cost lives too. None of that matters. I am an adult. I make my own decisions. Seat belt laws are nothing more than another tax on the people and to let us all know what and where our "place" is. People with children should put them in seat belts or get a ticket. Kids do not know better. Adult on the other hand are able to make these decisions without big brother.
    Sorry for going off topic. I am just tired of this government trying to tell us how to live.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Prime Minister Chamberlain sought a compromise with Adolph Hitler back in the 30's, the famous picture of him getting off a plane waving some papers attesting to the fact that Britain now had nothing to worry about, and they were all safe. How did that work out for the British people?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Points have been shown to you repeatedly, disproving your contention that the 2A is "poorly worded". The phrasing worked just fine for a lot of years; it was only when people who didn't like everyone having the rights of free people that restrictive laws started being passed. Much like marriage licenses were originally conceived of to prevent "the wrong people" from marrying (whether cousins or mixed races or whatever,) "gun licenses" were originally conceived of to prevent the "wrong people" from being armed... that is, it's a restrictive law aimed at disarming a group that had few who at the time would argue they should be armed as everyone else.

In short, by your decision, you are supporting the anti-gunners, which position is most frustrating to those who see what's happening...It's like when a small child continues to ask "Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" over and over again, and eventually, you, as an adult, answer, "becauseISaidSO!", which is not an answer, but it stops the incessant repetition of the beginning of a child's exploration and curiosity of the world around him... or an equal possibility, the child simply challenging for the sake of seeing how deep that particular rabbit hole goes.

Protesting "Well, *I* wasn't the one who raised a voice and resorted to profanity..." at that point looks a whole lot (to me, at least) like passive-aggressive baiting.

I say this not as a mod, but as a fellow member and participant in the conversation.

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It doesn't matter how clear the 2A is worded. As long as unelected people in black robes get to tell us what the constitution says, it says what they say it says.

And as far as "compromise" goes, every state has laws against murder, assault, extortion, or most any other harm people might do against each other using firearms. What else would compromise do but to make criminals of people who do no harm?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I do not know who was the first in this thread to use the worst cuss word in the English language. COM*****SE.

This is the most disingenuous request of progressives. It is pure mental reservation (intellectual mendacity). Their wilful ignorance of the meaning of the word is Immoral.

NEVER COMPROMISE NEVER QIUT.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    So what exactly have we gained from all these here compromises since the 1930's?

Guns aren't any cheaper...
    I didn't get any sort of monetary compensation or discount when I purchased a gun and filled out the 4473...
    I can't legally carry a handgun without paying for an LTCH....
    I can't buy a Full-Auto/Suppressor/SBR/SBS/AOW without filling out a bunch of paperwork and waiting months on end, with money out of my pocket....

What exactly did we get again?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I do not know who was the first in this thread to use the worst cuss word in the English language. COM*****SE.

This is the most disingenuous request of progressives. It is pure mental reservation (intellectual mendacity). Their wilful ignorance of the meaning of the word is Immoral.

NEVER COMPROMISE NEVER QIUT.

Compromise Hell!!!! We should be on the attack. One who only plays defense will lose the war. :yesway:

I am not willing to compromise any further :yesway:

NOT ONE MORE INCH.

We have done nothing but compromise since at least the 1930's and every time we compromise, we lose a little bit more than we gain

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Compromise, Hell NO!... Only 'compromise' I'd like to see is every one of these gun restrictions rolled back to the 1930's! They shouldn't have been put in place then to begin with.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So why would OP exclude M1a's, tactical bolt guns, 10/22's etc just because they could be more easily considered a "sporting" rifle? Semantics, is semantics is semantics! They aren't after your "assault" weapons, they are after all weapons. New Jersey thought they had written a foolproof assault weapons ban after Sandy Hook and even the anti's there say it only accomplished cosmetic changes because their definition of "assault" weapons are purely cosmetic items; collapsible stocks, pistol grips and those pointy things on front that go up.

They are beginning to find out that they are just going to have to come out and say it, they want ALL guns out of the hands of the law abiding public. Tell you what, let's go ahead and "compromise". Lets get rid of the NFA, carry permits, magazine restrictions, etc. ALL restrictions of guns which go against the second amendment. Then in a hundred years or so we'll think about limiting magazine restrictions to nothing over a couple hundred rounds.

That's the way the antis do it, we give up something tangible and they "give" us rhetoric in return and then they ask us to give up something else as it spirals downward. If they really wanted to talk they would first learn fact about the subject matter and not always refer back to "It's for the children!"

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    "reply with quote" is just clocking, so in reply to Roadie's comment "The fact that you curiously ignore any proof that your position is patently misguided reinforces our point. Did you read any of the links posted? Did you think about the counter points made to your position? No? So.. Who is "in a closed feedback loop" again?"...

What has been lost in all of the flaming is that I never mentioned agreeing with the original post. I do not, and never have, favored magazine limits, universal background checks, restrictions on scary rifles, etc. - there's no need to convince me on that. What I have objected to is the way that many of the posters think that jumping up and down, yelling, demonizing those who think differently, and/or backing unelectable candidates is going to be effective in making progress on those issues with our fellow citizens who interpret 2A differently. When 4 supreme court justices are hostile to 2A and a substantial portion of the general public feels that limitations will make them safer, we have a problem. Mutual respect and effective communication are needed, and that's not what I'm seeing. If the present forms of communication continue, don't be surprised when ground is lost rather than gained.

Last edited:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    "reply with quote" is just clocking, so in reply to Roadie's comment "The fact that you curiously ignore any proof that your position is patently misguided reinforces our point. Did you read any of the links posted? Did you think about the counter points made to your position? No? So.. Who is "in a closed feedback loop" again?"...

What has been lost in all of the flaming is that I never mentioned agreeing with the original post. I do not, and never have, favored magazine limits, universal background checks, restrictions on scary rifles, etc. - there's no need to convince me on that. What I have objected to is the way that many of the posters think that jumping up and down, yelling, demonizing those who think differently, and/or backing unelectable candidates is going to be effective in making progress on those issues with our fellow citizens who interpret 2A differently. When 4 supreme court justices are hostile to 2A and a substantial portion of the general public feels that limitations will make them safer, we have a problem. Mutual respect and effective communication are needed, and that's not what I'm seeing. If the present forms of communication continue, don't be surprised when ground is lost rather than gained.

Damn, I'm so Glad that I'm NOT a Libertarian Apologist.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Damn, I'm so Glad that I'm NOT a Libertarian Apologist.

What do Libertarians have to do with this? We aren't into dialogue of any sort that inevitably leads to compromise with people who want us to relinquish our rights. We probably fight and argue for our rights more than anyone else. Including you.

And in another thread Kirk will soon be blasting Libertarians because our standards are just too high and nobody can meet our purity requirements.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom