• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I promise I won't ban anyone. I'm tired of the crap, so I give you free reign to go ahead and post whatever you feel is needed.

YOU might not, but there's other mods and I think that could be why people might be holding back. You know me enough to know I'll say my piece when I feel it's necessary.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    As po'd as JG is, I'm thinking somebody walked across her white carpet with ****ty flip-flops.
    That last thread is a perfect example of many things to pick from. You've got one moderator locking the thread with "If you have an issue with a member of the INGO staff send that person a private message and/or take it up the chain to Fenway" while the other one clearly challenges the members in post #302 with "There is no need to contact Fenway. Just start a thread with a poll."
    Soooo...if a member creates that thread as a result of being taunted by one mod, it's in direct conflict with another mod's admonition to *not* do so... is it now a personal attack and a bannable offense?? Well PLAYED, sir.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That last thread is a perfect example of many things to pick from. You've got one moderator locking the thread with "If you have an issue with a member of the INGO staff send that person a private message and/or take it up the chain to Fenway" while the other one clearly challenges the members in post #302 with "There is no need to contact Fenway. Just start a thread with a poll."
    Soooo...if a member creates that thread as a result of being taunted by one mod, it's in direct conflict with another mod's admonition to *not* do so... is it now a personal attack and a bannable offense?? Well PLAYED, sir.

Darn! She figured it out! Joking aside, I was certainly not taunting anyone. There are SEVERAL members here that know we can discuss anything via PM. I made the offer and it was rejected. I know things may seem to be arbitrary and capricious at times, but that is not intentional and I believe most of the members know that. The mod staff come and go throughout the day and we all deal with things differently. I assume Paul chose to close the thread to prevent further bickering, which is fine. I've been here long enough to know that one thread can close, but the discussion will continue somewhere else. There are times when some members take issue with some things and refuse to let it go for a while. That's the life of the internet and anonymity for most. Tomorrow we all go back to work and care for our families and eventually the mod staff will change. Maybe even some of the members who take issue with our moderation would be willing to step up.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Perhaps the current radical left 'standard' of 'over-politically correct' has now trumped the concept of open discussion for the sake of safety and security. :dunno:

As quoted from an old movie, "There must be security for all, or no one is secure".

Until open and honest discussion is encouraged and engaged, no one is secure.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    16181_send_more_men_770.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Perhaps the current radical left 'standard' of 'over-politically correct' has now trumped the concept of open discussion for the sake of safety and security. :dunno:

As quoted from an old movie, "There must be security for all, or no one is secure".

Until open and honest discussion is encouraged and engaged, no one is secure.

This is not an honest statement. All of this started because I was asked about a thread and simply asked that we not discuss religion. That statement brought out the "great debater" in some and they couldn't let it go. There are at least five existing threads where religion is discussed in some form. There is no argument or insults being posted, so they have remained open, without any discussion among the mod staff. I KNEW that one thread would be contentious and posted the warning before it got out of hand, which lead to the new "PC" mantra.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Darn! She figured it out! Joking aside, I was certainly not taunting anyone. There are SEVERAL members here that know we can discuss anything via PM.
    Are you really saying that PMs stay private and that you never discuss them with other mods? Sure.

I made the offer and it was rejected.
    Oh, please! You did not! The first thing you responded with was "Why do you THINK you were banned? Nothing has been removed from this thread, so what do you suppose happened?"... Only AFTER cbhausen said "do you want me to answer that question publicly?" did you say anything differently. So don't pretend like your first course of action was to take things to private message, because CLEARLY it was not.

Que said:
    I've been here long enough to know that one thread can close, but the discussion will continue somewhere else.
    And I've been around long enough to watch how you operate within discussions. I've seen you take a side and argue that side for a bit and then switch horses mid-stream to hop on the opposite bandwagon. After you became a moderator, it bumped up a notch, but now after you help things get stirred into a frenzy, you step out of it and play the mod card. You use that "I won't ban anybody" line, full well knowing that if you give a member enough Que-baited rope, another mod will do the deed. Nice.
    Whatever, Que. You may be a long-standing member and respected by some...but not by all. Over the years, my reps and PMs have attested to that. So, no...nobody will start your "should Que be a mod" thread at the risk of getting the ban hammer...but it's not like you didn't know that before you encouraged some unsuspecting INGOer to take the bait. Ain't gonna be me, pal.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Are you really saying that PMs stay private and that you never discuss them with other mods? Sure.

Oh, please! You did not! The first thing you responded with was "Why do you THINK you were banned? Nothing has been removed from this thread, so what do you suppose happened?"... Only AFTER cbhausen said "do you want me to answer that question publicly?" did you say anything differently. So don't pretend like your first course of action was to take things to private message, because CLEARLY it was not.

And I've been around long enough to watch how you operate within discussions. I've seen you take a side and argue that side for a bit and then switch horses mid-stream to hop on the opposite bandwagon. After you became a moderator, it bumped up a notch, but now after you help things get stirred into a frenzy, you step out of it and play the mod card. You use that "I won't ban anybody" line, full well knowing that if you give a member enough Que-baited rope, another mod will do the deed. Nice.
    Whatever, Que. You may be a long-standing member and respected by some...but not by all. Over the years, my reps and PMs have attested to that. So, no...nobody will start your "should Que be a mod" thread at the risk of getting the ban hammer...but it's not like you didn't know that before you encouraged some unsuspecting INGOer to take the bait. Ain't gonna be me, pal.

Why don't you just simply take a chill pill? It's obvious the two of us will never see eye-to-eye as it relates to moderating this site; however, I have the job. If you want to be a moderator, just sent Fenway a message. We are in need of some help after losing a couple of mods. But, I'm really done with this exchange, as it's become petty an I think we can both just move on.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hey I wanna be a mod! I'd love to ban all the other mods and plan a ... Hmm...Let me work on my cover letter first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom