Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know. I feel like I'm a kid again and my dad saying, "You want your spanking now, or do you want to wait until you do something wrong?"

Sounds about right......
    Me....."But Dad, I did not do this"
    My Dad, "You may not have done what I am whipping you for but have have done something.....I am sure of it".

He was always right.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Actually, the rule sounds more like software system hardening. You use code reviews, various tools, etc. to help make it harder for hackers to break.

Exactly.

Also known as WWRDTWRUTTLWABTR (What Would Rookie Do To Walk Right Up To The Line Without Actually Breaking The Rule).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ok I'll pull the curtain back a bit here and let you in on the Rookie Principle. Look for more in my tell-all book, coming next year.

The Rookie Principle

noun

1. The primary principle used by INGO Moderators when devising new policy for INGunOwners.com.

2. A filter for testing new proposed policy.

3. The principle that states: Before a new policy is fully formed, one must first attempt to skirt every possible violation by twisting words and applying various forms of logic to said policy. Only once every possible avenue of violation has been explored can a new policy be implemented. If the wording of the policy allows for any wiggle room that might be extorted by one Rookie of INGunOwners.com then such a policy should be revised or discarded. Narrow policies that seek to define strict and well defined lines are easiest to defeat and therefore should be avoided.

You may have used a version of this principle when you were deciding what to name your children so you tried to think of every possible way their peers in school would try to contort their name into something humorous.

;)

Hmm...
    ...children example...
    ...hmm...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom