• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I just read through every post. If the man greeted me, smiled, walked purposefully instead of surreptitiously, I would have gone about my business. Carrying the knife under the arm could be an alternative to having it on the belt in the car or on the bike.

My opinion: Overreaction similar to MWAG call. Helps me understand the other side of the argument.

However, if I see a guy walking into a restaurant with an AR or AK over his shoulder, I am leaving unless he is part of my group (in which case I would suggest he leave the long gun in the vehicle before I decided to leave). Doing that is just arrogant ostentation designed to draw attention and start an argument. Any hope of a quiet enjoyable meal just just disappeared like a Rambo wanna-be when the cops show up. OC your handgun. Leave the long gun in vehicle. It's called respect and good manners.

Legal is legal and Rights are Rights... Or aren't they??? Perhaps this gentleman does not have or is not willing to pay his 2nd Amendment Rights TAX to get his LTCH and this is his way of both protesting it and protecting his family to the best of his legal ability.

I hope I never see a 'gun owner' that would want to humiliate another gun CARRIER in public because they didn't approve of their particular carry method or style.

Wouldn't it have been much better to start up a conversation and get a gauge on the situation before resorting to alerting authorities?

"Hi sir, I noticed that AR, AK, big scary knife :rolleyes: you are carrying and I wondered how you liked it? I thought about purchasing that particular model myself."

I for one enjoy it when other gun owners comment or compliment my sidearm. I get to strike up conversations with people about something we both enjoy and would never have known if both of us were CCing.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Not really. He was trying to hide the knife.

We don't know his intentions and the fact that no stabbings or 'maniac with a knife in a hospital' news stories popped up makes me lean towards harmless guy.

It could have been a handmade gift for a sick family member for all we know, it might not have even been a knife at all!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    So the purist OC guys would never say anything until the slashing or shooting begins and the CC guys think carrying a big knife, sword, machete , shotgun, or AK is not normal attire for a hospital. Being practical is somewhere in between.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    The comments have turned my stomach...

LoL-OTS-vomit-1815.jpeg

Too many are sounding like scared little liberals.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    im ok with the OP's decision. he felt something was not right and let the proper people know. whether right or wrong, he got a clear conscience. not being there, i would not know whether i would have opened my yap or not. I would not feel bothered if approached by the authorities to check out whether or not i was up to no good if i were reported by someone who does not know me as long as the interaction was conducted in a lawful manner.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    im ok with the OP's decision. he felt something was not right and let the proper people know. whether right or wrong, he got a clear conscience. not being there, i would not know whether i would have opened my yap or not. I would not feel bothered if approached by the authorities to check out whether or not i was up to no good if i were reported by someone who does not know me as long as the interaction was conducted in a lawful manner.

In pre WWII Germany, many were easily willing to provide papers when asked.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom