• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So there I am this morning, lying in bed. My side hurt from yesterday like someone had ball tapped me. (Yea I read that thread) But as I get up this morning a HORRIBLE sensation runs from my kidney to my Netherlanders! I fall to the floor, writhing in pain. I can't lay on my stomach, I can't lay on my left side, or my right. It's feels ok to pace back and forth, but only for a little bit.

God don't let this be my appendix....

After 5-10 minutes of pacing the upstairs, I collapse. The pain is so excruciating I can't stand. My knees are weak, my hands are shaking, I feel sick to my stomach. The pain gets so bad I'm dry heaving. I've not ate or drank anything. Eventually, I have my oldest daughter call my wife and my mother. I'm writhing on the floor. No positions are helping. The heating pad doesn't help. I'm praying. The pain is so bad I can't take it anymore.

My father shows up.

My wife shows up.

I'm in so much pain now I can't breathe normally. I have the shakes. Hot cold hot cold hot cold. I'm in my fathers car and we're FLYING to Hedricks County Hospital....

We get there, and I can no longer stand. They put me in a wheelchair. I'm still praying to God to make it stop. 30 minutes of thrashing in the wheelchair and then the cold floor they FINALLY come get me. They do the vitals then give me a room. 10 minutes later I have an IV then 2 different pain meds and I'm out.

I think they gave me a CAT scan and a very blood tests.

Yup. It's a 4mm Kidney Stone. This will make my 3rd.

They sent me home with some Flowmax and some Oxycodone.

Just thought I'd let you all know....

I HATE KIDNEY STONES!

I'm gonna go pass out now. Nite.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    My father gets these too and I hope I never do. He has to take 7 different pills to manage them. I hope you start feeling better!!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    SE....Hope you feel better soon. I've been through this a number of times myself. And I have to admit, I can't help but chuckle a bit when it happens to a man. You know, they say it's as close to LABOR pains as you can get, w/o actually being in labor! :): It's always nice to have men feel our pain!

Seriously though...take it easy. Drink some cranberry juice and get back to normal! Oh...and don't skip out on the meds they sent you home with, You will regreat it.

how do you get these?
    Calcium build up. Milk, chocolate...etc. Or so I've been told.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    how do you get these?

Got a buddy that gets them when he drinks anything with caffeine,
    But mainly a guy that I used to work with ate, I mean ate Tums and Rolaids like they was going out of style, and bingo he's a kidney stone making machine. They finally put him on the purple pill and his stones are now a non issue.

SE, you're not popping Tums or Rolaids are ya? :D

Take those meds real good, I mean real good and remember this in your dreams, I owe IndyBeerman something, I know I owe IndyBeerman something, must remember, must ask him what it is........:laugh:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Let's blame the progressives for Kidney Stones!

Sorry Too Late... It's the Bush Administration's Fault.

Sucks Huh SE, at least now you know what its like to birth a child... or I suppose 3 now, that's 1 more than your wife at this point isn't it? (yal have 2 kids?)

Prayers In Bound

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know, they say it's as close to LABOR pains as you can get, w/o actually being in labor! :): It's always nice to have men feel our pain!

I swear a man could loose both legs in combat and his old lady would still tell him child birth was more painful. :rolleyes:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I feel for you man, hope you heal fast.

I also hope you got some kind of coverage to help with costs. My wife went through something in the same cost range a couple of years ago and it took me a little over a full year to pay all that money back out of pocket. That debacle has left some very permanent opinions in my wife about health care to say the least.

In any event, I hope the meds help and you get some rest...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So not true. Now quit whining and see the dang humor in it! Geesh! :dunno:

I can see a little humor in it but I guess I'm not one to sit around and say my boo boo had to hurt worse than your boo boo. Never had kidney stones and hope I never do but I'm sure I can deal with it. I've never seen anyone ask for a second round of kidney stones but how many women go back for more children? Look at the Duggar lady. I'm sure they just fall out by now. :D

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    I pity anyone that have these darn things! My surgeon says they come from caffeine and dark colored cola like pepsi/coke. A few years back I two so big could not pass them, so go to hospital and I believe they called in the Roto-Rooter guy! Send a tube with grippers and a camera through a passage that should not have this done to, found the little B@$^&*#$ grabbed them and gave them a pull through the passage...Twice!!!!! Broke into a sweat and tremors eveerytime I felt like I needed to take a whizzzz, for about 2 weeks!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom