• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bought my first G19 last week. The Gen4 reversible mag release (lefty) and slightly smaller grip did it for me. It is less comfortable than my M&P but I think that makes me shoot it better due to better concentration. Either that or the grip angle suits my body better. It does seem to like 124g ammo better than 115g but that may be an ammo quality issue more than a weight issue.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    I dont know why but the Glock 19 is the gun i just cant really be without and im not crazy about glock. Despite that i dont like it, i shoot extremely well with it, it fits in my hand and hides well on my frame, Ive had 3 of them and yet I still dont care for it.

BTW i just bought #3 a few weeks ago and opted for a new Gen3 over the Gen4. Yes, lets make the grip even more uncomfortable and for the sake of versatility it can double as a cheese grater....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm torn between my 21 and operator. Both are excellent, but I will edc my 21. 18 rounds of 45 and it's not 2k dollars

I have a 14+1 Para Ordinance 1911 Limited that was under 1K by a bit and is a deadly shooter. Not all 1911's are 2K. My 1911 Springer Trophy Match is not a Hi-Cap but it is an entry level competition shooter with great character for just a bit over 1K
    Just saying that they all are not Wilson, Les Beirs and the like. Just saying.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The taurus PT24/7 in 45acp remains the most unreliable and most inaccurate gun I've ever owned.

I would blame the magazines on it more than anything else. The accuracy issues were more than likely myself with the grip angle I wasn't used to, and the long heavy DAO pull with lots of overtravel after the break.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The taurus PT24/7 in 45acp remains the most unreliable and most inaccurate gun I've ever owned.

I would blame the magazines on it more than anything else. The accuracy issues were more than likely myself with the grip angle I wasn't used to, and the long heavy DAO pull with lots of overtravel after the break.

I had one of these. It was reliable and accurate if you could get past the short comings in the trigger. I ran the gun pretty hard when I first got it to see if it was what i wanted. The trigger was very hard to get used to as I am a 1911 kind of fella.
    Sold it to buy parts for a 1911 I am building.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had one of these. It was reliable and accurate if you could get past the short comings in the trigger. I ran the gun pretty hard when I first got it to see if it was what i wanted. The trigger was very hard to get used to as I am a 1911 kind of fella.
    Sold it to buy parts for a 1911 I am building.

Was yours in 45acp though?

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    I have a first generation Glock 23 and I love it because of its simplicity and price. I also have an H&K USP .45 that shoots much better but I paid twice the price. For the money the Glock is practical and hard to beat but there are plenty of weapons better shooting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was yours in 45acp though?

Yes. 12+1. I put a green laser on it and that helped me overcome the crap trigger. Besides that issue it never missed a beat at the range and I ran it hard.
    I have an H&K USP with a long trigger (by my standards) so it was not a real reach for me.. My son in law has borrowed, acquired, fell in love with the H&K
    so I got the Taurus for EDC. It allowed me to leave the 1911's in the safe. If I dropped the Taurus or it wound up in the evidence locker there would be no psycho therapy needed.
    I have resigned myself to EDC my Springer 1911 A-1 with a few toys in it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Folks, it has been sixteen months since I posted about my switch from a Glock to a Taurus24/7 Pro DS. I just read through this thread again, just to see what folks commented about the issue.

Since making the switch, I have put about 1,000 rounds through the 24/7. I am still very happy with it. Far more accurate than I was with the G26, no more blood blisters on my pinky after firing two mags, and absolutely no FTFs or FTEs. The piece has worked flawlessly with a wide range of cheap ammo.

Glock makes a good weapon. I never intended to say otherwise. Since selling the G26 I have fired a G19 and found it was more comfortable and accurate than the 26 I carried. I can shoot equally well with the 19 or the 24/7. It may be that the problem with the 26 really was just the length of the grip.

That being said, I was still able to buy several hundred rounds of ammo with the cost savings from selling the 26 and buying the 24/7. I am very happy with the switch I made.

Bottom line, I like this gun!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    But...but....Glocks do everything and are perfect in every way... You can do sub MOA groups with them at 200 yards and the feel of them in your hand is just AMAZING

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I love my G23 and G35, both Gen4 models. Wouldn't trade them for 5 Taurus pistols. I do not, however, like the baby Glocks. The grip is too short, and this amplifies their blocky feeling. My small EDC pistol is a Walther PPS.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I had 4 (19,34,26&27) then one (17) and now 3 Glock's (17,19,36) again. I will probably buy a 34 again

Personally, I gave up on hoping for accuracy, but I am 100% convinced in the Glock's ability to perform in an EDC / self defense situation hence the 36 :yesway:

I shifted to 1911's for accuracy but occasionally do carry a 3" 1911 as well when my clothes allow:draw:

Top Bottom