• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I recently dropped off the Glock bandwagon. I finally had to admit that my G26 was uncomfortable in my hand and inaccurate. The mag did not fit correctly. The gap between the mag and the bottom of the grip always left me with a blood blister after a range trip. I was never satisfied with the accuracy of the G26. I had Mk2ja fire it to confirm that the problem was with the piece, not me. I even had experts at H & H Firearms test fire it. The accuracy of the expert was better, but still marginal. He only called it "OK."

As I contemplated a change of weapon, I identified the things I did not like about the G26 and the features I liked on my Taurus 709 Slim. Mk2ja suggested I look at the Taurus 24/7 Pro because it had all the features I noted as desirable and it had a better grip.

We found a 24/7 offered by an :ingo:er. From the very first shot, I was hitting the target with far greater accuracy than I ever could with the G26. Further practice confirmed the superior accuracy of the Taurus 24/7. Mk2ja had the same results with both pistols. His accuracy increased dramatically with the Taurus, too.

Taurus is a better EDC weapon. Better features. Better accuracy. Reliable. Only weakness of the Taurus is that it will not eat dirty ammo the way the Glock would.

I sold the G26.

Also glad you found something you handle well, congrats! They make a wide variety of weapons for a reason!! :ar15:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    It's a numbers-game.

With ONE revert, and 7,000,000 of the rest of us left to see the error of our ways. I have 2 GLOCKS and four 1911 clones. My hand likes big frames. I also have a few KelTecs. They all have sights on them, and I NEVER count on "natural-point-of-aim" to save my butt in a pinch. I'm looking for GLOCK to come out with a new Generation-X sort of modular gun, getting up on the band-wagon. Search for "Perfection" right? EBG

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    With ONE revert, and 7,000,000 of the rest of us left to see the error of our ways. I have 2 GLOCKS and four 1911 clones. My hand likes big frames. I also have a few KelTecs. They all have sights on them, and I NEVER count on "natural-point-of-aim" to save my butt in a pinch. I'm looking for GLOCK to come out with a new Generation-X sort of modular gun, getting up on the band-wagon. Search for "Perfection" right? EBG

I think that "in a pinch" natural point of aim is all your going to have...

end :hijack:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Glad you found something that suits you. :yesway:

And the great Glock exodus of '11 continues... :popcorn:
    Not sure what the deal is with this "Sudden Awakening" that seems to be spreading like a venereal disease. Ah so, to each his own.

I grew up on 1911's and was introduced about 10 years ago to Glock by a fellow INGO'er. First impressions, I didn't like the way it felt in my hand, hated the look of it. I had not held a plastic gun before, but when I shot that G22, I shot very well with it, that is all it took to bring me to the dark side.

There are many choices out there. The Glock has proven to be a performer and although it doesn't fit everyone I doubt its going to disappear from the shelves of gun dealers. It will survive this new trend of what is in vogue and what is not. I'm confident in that.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I like the Model 19 over the 26. I find the fit better and better accuracy. Was the 26 the only Glock you have owned? You may want to give either the 17 or 19 a try.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The Glock has proven to be a performer and although it doesn't fit everyone I doubt its going to disappear from the shelves of gun dealers. It will survive this new trend of what is in vogue and what is not. I'm confident in that.

Yeah, I don't think the Glock is going anywhere, even if it's not my choice of firearm.

And in 100 years...

...it'll have 100 years less history than a 1911 :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yeah, I don't think the Glock is going anywhere, even if it's not my choice of firearm.

And in 100 years...

...it'll have 100 years less history than a 1911 :D

No doubt, in my eyes the 1911 will always be king of pistols. I was not a happy camper when the US military switched from the 1911 to the Beretta. I chose the Gock to carry for several reasons, weight, capacity, etc. But I'm not giving up my 1911's or my Glock's. ;)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I recently dropped off the Glock bandwagon.

I sold the G26.

With ONE revert, and 7,000,000 of the rest of us left to see the error of our ways.

Not sure what the deal is with this "Sudden Awakening" that seems to be spreading like a venereal disease. Ah so, to each his own.

For the record, Dad "got off the bandwagon" like 6 months ago. He was in Asia the last 2 months and didn't see ESRICE's more recent thread until yesterday.

Here's the thread from when Dad was looking to replace the Glock, to corroborate my story. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/154537-a_taurus_like_a_glock.html

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glad you found something that worked for you. I think it is important that people fire a handgun before they buy one. Just because the opinion of the masses says a handgun is good, doesn't mean it will be good for everyone. Geez, I should stop now, this has been said countless times.

I do have to wonder if something was wrong with the Glock you had. I have had nothing but luck with all of mine (and I am no expert shooter).

Happy shooting!

I bought it at Midwest, Mishawaka and had them install Trijicon night sights. I always wondered if they were accurate. That was why I had H & H personnel fire it. I never was confident the sights were accurate.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Make sure you keep the Glock... you'll need something to shoot while the Taurus is getting fixed... all trolling aside... I'm glad you found what "works" for you :)

:D So far I only had to send the 709 back to fix things the :ingo: seller did not tell me about. The 24/7 has not needed to be sent back. I was so confidant I sold the G26 already. ;)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I simply cannot imagine letting my life depend on a Taurus. I had NO luck with the three Taurus semi-autos I have owned. For me it is my Glock 19, M&P 9 or 9c.

So far all three have been reliable, G26, 709 and 24/7. I am more accurate with the Taurii. I understand the reliability of the Glock, though. It is a good weapon. Just did not work for me.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I like the Model 19 over the 26. I find the fit better and better accuracy. Was the 26 the only Glock you have owned? You may want to give either the 17 or 19 a try.

Mk2ja has a G19 I will try today. It may be that the size is the difference. But if that is the case, I should have trouble with the smaller 709. However, I am more accurate with the 709 than the G26. I will post the results of shooting the G19 today.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I shoot my Glock well but my Taurus just as good. I carried the 709 for awhile then switched to the pt140.

Top Bottom