• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have a 26 and use it only as a back-up or secondary gun. I don't care for the small grip and am not that great with it, hence, secondary/back-up role for this model. With this said, I really like the 19/17 and believe them to be much more comfortable/easier to shoot. The same goes for their GAP lineup. I LOVE the 37 & 38, but the 39 is just too small for comfort for primary carry. My :twocents:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Glock

Get this man some more Kool-Aid
    I recently dropped off the Glock bandwagon. I finally had to admit that my G26 was uncomfortable in my hand and inaccurate. The mag did not fit correctly. The gap between the mag and the bottom of the grip always left me with a blood blister after a range trip. I was never satisfied with the accuracy of the G26. I had Mk2ja fire it to confirm that the problem was with the piece, not me. I even had experts at H & H Firearms test fire it. The accuracy of the expert was better, but still marginal. He only called it "OK."

As I contemplated a change of weapon, I identified the things I did not like about the G26 and the features I liked on my Taurus 709 Slim. Mk2ja suggested I look at the Taurus 24/7 Pro because it had all the features I noted as desirable and it had a better grip.

We found a 24/7 offered by an :ingo:er. From the very first shot, I was hitting the target with far greater accuracy than I ever could with the G26. Further practice confirmed the superior accuracy of the Taurus 24/7. Mk2ja had the same results with both pistols. His accuracy increased dramatically with the Taurus, too.

Taurus is a better EDC weapon. Better features. Better accuracy. Reliable. Only weakness of the Taurus is that it will not eat dirty ammo the way the Glock would.

I sold the G26.

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Beretta's are nice but I think they have been chosen for political reasons if I recall as well as the safety and quality of the firearm. Many soldiers would prefer to have a Glock and I have seen some soldiers express disdain for the beretta. One of the problems with the berettas was the slide failing and beretta proved that it was the government's fault due to using the wrong ammo (overpowered ammo) ...i read this in the NRA's firearm mag--dont recall the name...beretta's are good but not as reliable as a glock. cant say about a 1911-never shot one
    No doubt, in my eyes the 1911 will always be king of pistols. I was not a happy camper when the US military switched from the 1911 to the Beretta. I chose the Gock to carry for several reasons, weight, capacity, etc. But I'm not giving up my 1911's or my Glock's. ;)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    And the great Glock exodus of '11 continues... :popcorn:
    Assuming there even is an exodus, its not like the cliff jumping at Iwo Jima. I see no large piles of bodies on the beach at the end of my street.

Let the sheep leave. They probably only bought a Glock because we told them to do it in the first place. Now they are just drinking a new flavor of koolaid in a new herd.
    :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:
    :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Thats quite a statement.:draw: Have to go with what works for you. I know a lot of people who say they shoot a G26 better than a full size, have never bought that one myself.

+1 to that statement.

I'm glad you found a pistol that works for you, but I think it's a stretch to call Taurus better then Glock in most aspects (other then price). I would have to put a thousand or so rounds through the Taurus before I felt as comfortable with it as a Glock with no rounds through it.

I wonder if your G26 was a "lemon". Did you ever call Glock or send it to them to determine if the fit of the parts was wrong?

My G26 shoots laser beams in terms of accuracy and I've never received injury while firing it.

I also shoot my G26 light years better then my friends G17. I just feel it points nicer for me.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Beretta's are nice but I think they have been chosen for political reasons if I recall as well as the safety and quality of the firearm. Many soldiers would prefer to have a Glock and I have seen some soldiers express disdain for the beretta. One of the problems with the berettas was the slide failing and beretta proved that it was the government's fault due to using the wrong ammo (overpowered ammo) ...i read this in the NRA's firearm mag--dont recall the name...beretta's are good but not as reliable as a glock. cant say about a 1911-never shot one

:eek::runaway:Say it ain't so! I love my Glocks and 1911's, I had a 92FS once and it was a fun gun to shoot and look at but not enough for me. It went bye bye for another 1911. :D

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    glad you found a better fit and more of what you want in a gun. i agree that the glocks dont seem to fit my hands as well. as far as the taurus 24/7 pro my father owns one and i would like to own one myself. so congrats.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Sold my g26 to try out a Subcompact xd in 9mm...we shall see...i like the safety features of the glock but just kind of bored with it....will probably buy a g17 to replace it later

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    There I only one individual at what use to be h&h that come close to an expert. Keith Wallace in my opinion is one of the few who know what they are talking about, and know how to shoot.

The g 26 while you may find it quirks to be not up to your approval is not a bad weapon on on accurate look at Hickok 45 shooting a g27, meet up with me an ill gladly show you that a g26 is a capable pistol. Accuracy is relative but just las weekend I was able to put the first four rounds I fired out of a g27 in the head at 15 yards. I have seen many glock haters not be able to do that withh their preferred pistol brand.

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    Glad you're good now...I have large hands (not bragging haha) and found the best fit, for me, was the Ruger SR9 - I LOVE the size of the grip and the changeable backstrap. If my GF wants to shoot it - it takes a min to reverse it and make it easy for her.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    I drank the kool aid and sold a xdm to buy a g26. While i like my block i found myself wanting more safety features on my guns due to having 2 young boys around. I bought a ruger lc9 and have been pleasantly surprised and happy with the 369 dollar gun and it conceals very well and has more safety features. Now im looking for a 40 or 45 and im not sure what to get

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thats quite a statement.:draw: Have to go with what works for you. I know a lot of people who say they shoot a G26 better than a full size, have never bought that one myself.

Had a G36. Sweet gun. Traded it.

There is a reason why you can shoot more accurately with a short grip pistol. The reason is moment arm. With more fingers and pressure perpendicular to the axis of rotation, you will more likely affect rotation on that axis.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sold my 20 the other day, going to advertise my 29 soon and can't decide about the 33, it's just so much fun! I've owned about every Glock made, well except the Gap models and most 40s, and have always ended up selling them. To me the Glock is more like a good, dependable tool. They work and work well but that's about it for me. If you've seen one 19 or 26 or 20 you've pretty much seen em all. Give me my 1911s, Sigs and P7s! If folks like Glocks more power to them and I hope they enjoy them, they just aren't for me. :twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I drank the kool aid and sold a xdm to buy a g26. While i like my block i found myself wanting more safety features on my guns due to having 2 young boys around. I bought a ruger lc9 and have been pleasantly surprised and happy with the 369 dollar gun and it conceals very well and has more safety features. Now im looking for a 40 or 45 and im not sure what to get

take them out shooting and teach them. Take the mystery out of them and teach them responsibility.

My four grew up with them and are probably more scared of touch my Hoyt than they are any of my guns.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Yeah, I don't think the Glock is going anywhere, even if it's not my choice of firearm.

And in 100 years...

...it'll have 100 years less history than a 1911 :D

The two guns were introduced 71 years apart (1911 and 1982). So as long as they both continue to be produced, the 1911 will never have more than 71 years of history more than the Glock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sold my 20 the other day, going to advertise my 29 soon and can't decide about the 33, it's just so much fun! I've owned about every Glock made, well except the Gap models and most 40s, and have always ended up selling them. To me the Glock is more like a good, dependable tool. They work and work well but that's about it for me. If you've seen one 19 or 26 or 20 you've pretty much seen em all. Give me my 1911s, Sigs and P7s! If folks like Glocks more power to them and I hope they enjoy them, they just aren't for me. :twocents:

^^^This^^^

I was at the LGS a few days ago. I paid some deep attention to the many Glocks in different sizes and shapes. They are priced right. I held 3 of them and it was not magic. The felt like wrench's to me and I hold a lot of wrench's. Very utilitarian.
    No knock or slam. to many like and even love them but just not for me.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    let me get this right. you go from glock to taurus................ man im confused !!!!!!!!!!! springfield xd .45 for plastic springfield operator.45 1911 for the real deal......

Top Bottom