I carry a Glock now. Does that make me a bad person?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    I think if you'll count, you will find just as many replies here where peeps just prefer to EDC glocks. I have a 229, e2 even to try to favor grip size, but still carry the G19. I loooove my sig triggers, and maybe that will change when i finally get the XS big dots on the 229, but for now, its G19 for EDC.

LuCKy2212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carthage, IN
    Bad Guy?? Hell no, I carry my Glock 21 everyday everywhere. I used to carry my Springfield V10 but only due to it size. My Glock is a lil large but it shoots a large bullet. I will carry Glocks forever.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Bad Guy?? Hell no, I carry my Glock 21 everyday everywhere. I used to carry my Springfield V10 but only due to it size. My Glock is a lil large but it shoots a large bullet. I will carry Glocks forever.
    If you get "Lucky" enough to have extra cash some time try the G30. It is a little smaller (I even carry in on my ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove for those time when I have to conceal.) It is just as accurate as my 21SF and I carry a spare 13 round mag.

LuCKy2212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Carthage, IN
    I will, I am in the in market for a new handgun but have been unsure on what to purchase. I new Glock sounds good to me. Thanks
    If you get "Lucky" enough to have extra cash some time try the G30. It is a little smaller (I even carry in on my ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove for those time when I have to conceal.) It is just as accurate as my 21SF and I carry a spare 13 round mag.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I will, I am in the in market for a new handgun but have been unsure on what to purchase. I new Glock sounds good to me. Thanks
    The only reason I have my 21SF is I was at an auction and the bidding had stopped at $425. They were asking for $450 and I held my hand up. It was LNIB and still had the copper colored grease in the slides. Right now it is in the safe with a Crimson Trace laser and Tru-Glo sights 'cause I carry the 30 most of the time. (It's a bad 'lil som beech!:ar15: )

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Just wanted to know that I wouldn't be judged as I judged Glock people.

Interesting dynamic at play, I'm sure. Though I'm not one to really care what people think because I carry a Glock and, frankly, I don't really care what others carry. The more important thing is that people carry (and, fwiw, CC or OC doesn't really matter either).

Apparently, you seem to like your new firearm, in spite of its Glock moniker. You'll soon get over your cognitive dissonance (if you haven't already). :yesway:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN

Wow. I'm impressed! Though I have a G30, I'd never consider it suitable for ankle carry. My G27, yes (in the Galco Ankle Glove, no less), but I would imagine the G30 to be somewhat too large to wear on an ankle.

Not arguing ...just impressed that you can make it work.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Wow. I'm impressed! Though I have a G30, I'd never consider it suitable for ankle carry. My G27, yes (in the Galco Ankle Glove, no less), but I would imagine the G30 to be somewhat too large to wear on an ankle.

Not arguing ...just impressed that you can make it work.
    On another thread somewhere I commented that I bought the Ankle Glove for the 26/27 with an under-barrel laser. I later took the laser off and have to wedge a little piece of card board in so the pistols don't sit too far down to be held securely with the strap. However, the G30 fits beautifully in this holster but may not fit deeply enough in the Ankle Glove designed for carry without the laser. Try yours and see. (Also you can stretch leather enough to make some guns fit holsters that aren't necessarily made for them.)

There are places that I go (usually Sundays) where I have to conceal. Once I'm out of there I take the pistol out of the ankle glove then slip on a Serpa paddle and belt carry along with a spare mag pouch.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Thank you guys!

I feel truly loved.

LOL! We're just funnin' with you, of course. Shoot what works best for you. But since I was the first response post to you, and I feel a little responsible for setting the tone of the thread, I'll leave you with this bit of wisdom.

If you love your P226 long enough, without turning away to the lesser affections of a Tupperware gun, one day you'll wake up and it will have turned to this...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1042524@N02/]rockhopper46038[/url], on Flickr Untitled by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

You just have to believe....

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    LOL! We're just funnin' with you, of course. Shoot what works best for you. But since I was the first response post to you, and I feel a little responsible for setting the tone of the thread, I'll leave you with this bit of wisdom.

If you love your P226 long enough, without turning away to the lesser affections of a Tupperware gun, one day you'll wake up and it will have turned to this...

Untitled by rockhopper46038, on Flickr

You just have to believe....

That's awesome! I truly have something to look forward to. Do I have to put it under my pillow or something?

Top Bottom