I carry a Glock now. Does that make me a bad person?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I may not have as many Glocks as I used to, but I will always have a big spot for them. One of the finest examples of a fighting firearm ever made, just be ware they tend to multiply!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You are not a bad person, but you are not fashionable.

Have you read this forum called INGO? You have to have the latest, hippest piece of MIM-filled polymer of suck and fail in order to be cool.:cool:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Or a Ruger SR series.

Actually...

My friend had an SR9c. It was LOVELY. I shot tight groups, and it was comfortable in my hands. He didn't shoot it as well as me. He has bigger hands. He gave that to his fiancee, and got a G17.

I loved it. Still like my 19 better, though. I haven't shot an M&P yet, but I know someone who has one.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I feel the same way about the CZ P07. I carry a Sig 229 .40 sw now, but every time I pick up that plebian, polymer framed (and Glock-esque "U" sighted) pistol; I have to put it down before I succumb to the urge.
    But yeah, first used one I find for $400 is coming home.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    For EDC the P226 can possibly be a bit large and heavy, especially if your are CCing. The Glock is lighter and is definitely reliable. Also, if you are in a defensive fight, you don't have to worry about the BG locking down your hammer if he gets his hands on your gun. That is definitely a great benefit with a striker-fired handgun.

Make sure you get plenty of training with your new platform and become very faminiar with every aspect of the gun.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I rarely CC. The weight of the 226 doesn't really bother me, but the Glock is definitely lighter. Hadn't thought about the hammer thing. I don't like that I don't have second strike on the 19. I'm not too worried, though. I carry quality ammunition, and have never encountered a bad primer. It's nice to have, though. Well, I guess the PF9 doesn't either. I train to rack the slide if it doesn't go bang. Even with the Sig, although I don't have to.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I like the feel and the trigger of my Kimber more than my Glock, but am definately more comfortable carrying my Glock. I bought the Glock to carry, not the Kimber, some days I'll carry my Keltec P-11 (thinner and easier to conceal). Bottom line, carry what you are most comfortable with. And no, carrying a Glock does not make you a bad person. Welcome to the club!

Last edited:

AF Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    North East, Indiana
    My EDC is a Sig229, I also own a glock and I still carry the Sig. I have carried the Sig for years. The sig feels great in my hand and it fits. The grip angle on the Glock is different and I can't shoot as quick with it because of that. I went to pistol class a while back and I was the only guy with a hammer gun. Everyone else had a striker gun. Since then I have been thinking about trying an M&P to see if the grip has the angle I'm used to.

Bap1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    NE Indy
    I left a P229 for a G19, then added a M&P... I hate picking favorites with any of these. Enjoy the G19 and shoot it lots!!

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Whats important is you carry what feels comfortable and you can shoot well. Its not so much what looks good and what other people like better, its what you can use efficiently.

Glock is a great pistol in all of its own. Its lightweight, high cap, super durable, and accurate. With a price point well under 1911's, anyone who refuses to realise these points and respect the gun for thoes reasons alone is just being ignorant in my mind.

Are glocks the best guns in the world? I didnt say that. Are they the best gun for you? Only you can decide that. I personally went from a glock 22 to a 1911.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    "Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

Carry what you believe in and can shoot the best. I used to carry a 1911-style gun (Colt Defender) and now I carry a Glock 23. For various reasons which I won't get into here, I made the switch.

The 226 is a perfectly fine gun for carry but if you prefer the Glock then carry that. I would make the recommendation that you pick one or the other and carry that. Don't mix. You don't want to throw anything into the defensive equation than you need to. Remember Keep It Super Simple. The less your brain has to do when you need it to keep you alive, the better. If you have to think..."Do I have the Glock or do I have the Sig", then that might slow you down when it counts.

I also have a G26 that I carry in a pocket holster but it has the same setup as the G23, and any other Glock for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, I have lotsa guns and I shoot many of them but I only carry a Glock.
    I'm just curious if you meant G27 to compliment the 23. If not why would you have the 26 instead of the 27 which could use the 23 mags? (You may have had the 26 first and just wanted to go to the mid-.40.)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Your not a bad person, probably a little confused.
    No doubt you just have low self esteem and a lack of confidence.
    It's like the guy that gets stuck with the hot girls' ugly friend, but your OK with it because you don't think you can do any better.
    We all go through this and It will pass.

Dump the ugly chick - there are much prettier girls you can be carrying. :D

I hope you don't plan on open carrying her - that would just be GROSS. :puke:

tmattern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    :draw:Carry what your confident in, not what everybody else thinks is the in thing for the moment! I carry a Glock 23 and a Rock Island 1911, I am confident that if needed they are both capable as am I!

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Your not a bad person, probably a little confused.
    No doubt you just have low self esteem and a lack of confidence.
    It's like the guy that gets stuck with the hot girls' ugly friend, but your OK with it because you don't think you can do any better.
    We all go through this and It will pass.

Dump the ugly chick - there are much prettier girls you can be carrying. :D

I hope you don't plan on open carrying her - that would just be GROSS. :puke:

I hope you just forgot to purpleize that...

Yes, if you read my posts, I do OC. I CC at work only.

Sorry I made you vomit...

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    When I was LEO I carried a Sig for quite some time as my duty weapon. The dep't then switched to Glocks.

I didn't want to start carrying a plastic gun and wasn't happy. I really really liked my Sig.

Well time came to go to the range to qualify. My first round was nearly perfect and I just decided that it was dumb luck. My second round (we had to shoot at least two rounds with a passing score) was nearly identical to the first.

At that point I said, OK I'm in. I was converted.

Sure it may not be pretty but it is very capable of doing the job. And it is not as heavy. :twocents:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    When I was LEO I carried a Sig for quite some time as my duty weapon. The dep't then switched to Glocks.

I didn't want to start carrying a plastic gun and wasn't happy. I really really liked my Sig.

Well time came to go to the range to qualify. My first round was nearly perfect and I just deceided that it was dumb luck. My second round (we had to shoot at least two rounds with a passing score) was nearly identical to the first.

At that point I said, OK I'm in. I was converted.

Sure it may not be pretty but it is very capable of doing the job. And it is not as heavy. :twocents:

That's kinda like me. I got my Glock as a trade for a 1911 I had on Armslist. I said, "Okay. Glocks are supposed to be pretty good. Most of my friends carry them. It wouldn't hurt to have one in my collection."

Little did I know, but that Glock would become my EDC. Like you said, I took it out to the range, and I shot tight groups, and it felt good in my hands. I was surprised, and impressed.

Now, I'm sure I'm going to catch some hell for the fact that I traded a 1911 for a Glock + $100. Maybe not for that, but I got rid of it because I hated it.

That's right. I'm not a fan of 1911s. I'm not a fan of .45s.

Big deal. Wannafightaboutit?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    im glad you have become a BETTER person by giving the glock some much needed bonding time with your hip / back / pocket / forehead iffn thats how you roll. :)

Top Bottom