• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    What with all the XD hate? also the calling the XD are not reliable? I have an xd40 for that last 3 years or so, my first handgun. At one time I had been keeping track of rounds through and I stop counting somewhere around 700-800 rounds. If I had to guess, I would guess around 1100 rounds through it at this point. I have had a total of 0 failures of any kind.
    That said, i would not turn down a glock either. They are both great guns. I find the XD easier to shot myself, but I only shot a glock half a dozen times or so.
    Don't let brand loyalty of some push you away from another.

It has to do with unavailability of replacement parts and lame internal design. For the casual shooter, these things may not matter.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    The test of time would lead one back to a 1911 or perhaps a flintlock.:D

You have narrowed your choice between two excellent modern platforms which will stand more use and abuse than most folks will throw their way in a lifetime. You can't choose poorly here.
    But I chose XD.:yesway:

lol. I love me some 1911's. But the 1911 tolerances vs the glock tolerances lead me to glock :-) I absolutely will in the future own a prize .45 1911 though to my customization, just not right now :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Detail strip requires a pliers to remove extractor. Reinstall requires brass hammer. Doesn't exactly sound like a Swiss watch to me.

On the other hand, if you can't get replacement parts, I suppose there is less reason that you would do a detail strip.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    It has to do with unavailability of replacement parts and lame internal design. For the casual shooter, these things may not matter.

Agreed. Glocks are awesome!!!!
    I give them a big "thumbs-up"!!!!
    :D

Thumb1jdsjdkdwj.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    -1 Crystalship. At what point did my statement become pro-Glock? You can label whatever you choose but that doesn't make it correct. I don't understand why you have this chip on your shoulder.

If you wish to argue my statements, thats fine. Please, don't put words in my mouth. Every gun has flaws, never did I deny that. I point out a weakness in the XD platform and you ride in on a white horse? <yawn> Wake me when the good part starts.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    -1 Crystalship. At what point did my statement become pro-Glock? You can label whatever you choose but that doesn't make it correct. I don't understand why you have this chip on your shoulder.

If you wish to argue my statements, thats fine. Please, don't put words in my mouth. Every gun has flaws, never did I deny that. I point out a weakness in the XD platform and you ride in on a white horse? <yawn> Wake me when the good part starts.

Sorry to hurt your itty bitty fewings, lil' buddy. :dunno:

On the other hand...... Grow a set and take a joke. Seems like somebody can dish it out but can't take it!!!
    [FONT=&quot] Martydom doesn't really become you. :rolleyes:

As I've said many a time... Glocks are fine firearms, just like XD's !!![/FONT] :rockwoot:

I'll be standing by for a mod. to lock this thread and save you. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Aw shucks, you caught me. Not a man, and I can't take a joke. Just my luck, isn't it.

:):

We can all get along, can't we? No need for moderbators, er moderators in this thread.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I am with the buy both crowd. Carry them both and if you get into a shootout slide the glock (accidentally :D) to the bad guy. Your XD goes bang the Glock goes boom and all is well.:laugh::laugh:

Actually I Have the XD 45C and it does everything I ask it to. The grip with the 10 round mag fits my hand perfectly and it makes it easier to conceal.
    I have a Raven Holster and have been carrying it OWB lately.
    If your hands are larger than mine then the 13 round mag may suit you better.
    The XD, Glock and M&P should all serve you well and it is best to go rent them and shoot them or find some friends who will let you shoot theirs.
    Good luck !

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The discussion is always Glock vs XD and M&P's are never even mentioned. I have fired all three and prefer the Smith to the other two in terms of ergonomics and accuracy. Just my 2 cents. :)

I know the M&P's haven't been around as long though.

Top Bottom