• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    To clear a couple things up, Josh wasnt referring to a maytag repair thing at all. To remove the ejector on an XD you need a set of pliers or a flat screwdriver to pull/pry it out. This is as suggested by Rich at Canyon Creek who is perhaps the foremost XD smith in the world.

I also find it funny that no one thought anything about XD's for the 15 or more years that they were called an HS2000 but after Springfield bought the design, cheapened it up, and refused to sell spare parts it because a gift to the world of pistoldom.

It isnt fair to boast of a guns longevity and reliability til you hit at least the 5000 round mark. I dont know many (any) xd's that made it that far without significant breakage, and any breakage requires a trip back to the factory. I have had several Glocks over 50K that stood the test of time, abuse, and plenty of match use and had a spare everything on hand if it had broken.

So to answer the thread, I vote Glock

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    To clear a couple things up, Josh wasnt referring to a maytag repair thing at all. To remove the ejector on an XD you need a set of pliers or a flat screwdriver to pull/pry it out. This is as suggested by Rich at Canyon Creek who is perhaps the foremost XD smith in the world.

I also find it funny that no one thought anything about XD's for the 15 or more years that they were called an HS2000 but after Springfield bought the design, cheapened it up, and refused to sell spare parts it because a gift to the world of pistoldom.

It isnt fair to boast of a guns longevity and reliability til you hit at least the 5000 round mark. I dont know many (any) xd's that made it that far without significant breakage, and any breakage requires a trip back to the factory. I have had several Glocks over 50K that stood the test of time, abuse, and plenty of match use and had a spare everything on hand if it had broken.

Well you do now ! XD.45 over 5000rds and zero malfunctions . Now my G19 over 5000rds 2 ftf but I still trust it :dunno:

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I have to be different and have a possibly outdated point of view, so I got a Beretta PX4 Storm instead of an XDM. I have owned Beretta's in the past and ran up round counts past 20000 without any failure. I don't have a lot of confidence in striker fired weapons. I prefer the 1911 and Beretta platforms. I have never even considered a Glock, they are ugly and at least for me not a natural pointer and very uncomfortable in my hand. I have and still am considering an XDM the only reason being, that for me it is a natural pointer and feels very good in my hand. The striker firing system in both the Glock and XD/M has been proven reliable over time. However, I am an old guy and in my time the only striker fired weapons you usually came across were mostly cheap Saturday night special type pistols of horrendous quality. Old habits and views die hard so for the time being I will just stand back and watch in amusement as you young fellows debate apples and oranges so feverently.... :popcorn: :D

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Agreed. Glocks are awesome!!!!
    I give them a big "thumbs-up"!!!! :D

Thumb1jdsjdkdwj.jpg

Holy cow, what the heck happened there???

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Oh for crying out loud. 60+ posts about tupperware guns. Just man up and buy a 1911. You know you want a real gun. You know the 1911 is the best gun ever designed and is the real fighting handgun and has been for nearly 100 years.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

If I didn't own pliers or screwdriver I would be much more disturbed about requiring them for disassembly.;)

Lots of folks loved the HS2000 but they didn't market them very well. Winning 2006 handgun of the year award put the XDs on many folks radar. I haven't put 5K through mine yet but of all the people who have without significant breakage, I just can't believe they're all lying.

20K round review and some "Glockish" torture tests here:
    http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.php

I'm at maybe 3K rounds through the XD with no issues but would expect similar results from several modern firearms.

I hope these trivial facts do not get in the way of all this good fun though.:):

Nuke-in-Indy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Avon
    If I didn't own pliers or screwdriver

You know how to use common hand tools? Now a flashlight, I'd give you that. :stickpoke:

Back on topic...Thanks to Britton and his horrible customer service, I am the proud owner of both a Glock and an XD.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

sjach virlym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    columbus in
    i love my xdm i have never shot a glock but i hear they are nice also... i have held a glock and to me seemed a little top heavy even with a full mag but no matter what anyone says if your not happy with your choice (and it is your choice) then you wont want to shoot your gun if you dont shoot your gun you wont be a good shot with your gun and if your not a good shot with your gun you might as well not own your gun for protection anyways if you hesitate or dont hit the first time chances are they wont. :ar15:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Glocks are for girls, and XD's are for men lol j/k :). I prefer the XD myself, but they are both reliable weapons. Also you may want to look at the M&P's.

grizzlydave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    southside
    i personally like the glock over the xd but you need to be comfortable with which ever one you Carry so just buy both and fight over which one to carry that day.

Top Bottom