• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The Glock hurts my sensitive wrists and hands. I had a roller skating accident in the early 80s and I have a hard time gripping them.... but I still like the G19!

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    The correct answer to this question is H&K.:D

Actually, my wife owns an XD and my buddy owns a Glock. I've shot both, and both are great pistols. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Another option...

50aeg.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One great thing about Glocks is that you can get ANYTHING you want for them.

Holsters, sites, high and higher cap mags, barrels and so forth.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I would venture that you can get all those goodies for an XD just as easily.

But really, just to reiterate everybody else, it depends on personal preference. You just gotta shoot both, because they really are very similar. (Thus all the arguing.)

That said, XD.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've owned several of both models...
    I personally will take the Glock hands down.
    It fits me, it's reliable and runs when you need it.
    My XD's did not do any of these things.
    When it does break (as all guns do) parts availability is not an issue.

just my :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't own either. Maybe it's fate, but i was ready to buy an XD a couple of years ago. It felt better in my hand than the Glock, but i do like the fact that there are so many accessories available anywhere and everywhere for the Glock. And i believe that is enough to motivate me to buy a Glock these days. Maybe that's because i'm pretty dollar conscious these days. That and $1 will get you a cup of coffee. Good luck.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I went to pop guns and rented a glock and an XD. Originally wanted a XD due to the external grip safety. After shooting both extremely dirty I might add, the XD jammed multiple times while the glock was spot on. I got the glock and have never had a FTF in 1000 rds of WWB and CCI Blazer. My dad got one too and no issues.

I knew when I shot the glock it was for me. Best to try it out first.

ranger2204

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Dekalb County
    My friend just bought a xd and I own a glock we went to the range about two or three weeks ago and I had a chance to shoot his xd and really liked it. My glock is great gun but I think the xd might fit my hand a little better. You just need to shoot both before you deside. :ar15:

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    What with all the XD hate? also the calling the XD are not reliable? I have an xd40 for that last 3 years or so, my first handgun. At one time I had been keeping track of rounds through and I stop counting somewhere around 700-800 rounds. If I had to guess, I would guess around 1100 rounds through it at this point. I have had a total of 0 failures of any kind.
    That said, i would not turn down a glock either. They are both great guns. I find the XD easier to shot myself, but I only shot a glock half a dozen times or so.
    Don't let brand loyalty of some push you away from another.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I recently faced this question when I was choosing. I opted for the glock. Both felt good. I love 1911's (same grip angle as xd) but the glock still pointed very naturally for me. Both are great pistols, that's for damned sure. Ultimately, I made my decision solely based on the fact that Glock has stood the test of time.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The test of time would lead one back to a 1911 or perhaps a flintlock.:D

You have narrowed your choice between two excellent modern platforms which will stand more use and abuse than most folks will throw their way in a lifetime. You can't choose poorly here.

But I chose XD.:yesway:

Top Bottom