• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Last weekend, The Notre Dame girls basketball team wore a shirt during their warn ups that said "I can't breathe" to make a statement.

16562710-mmmain.jpg

Notre Dame women basketball players wear 'I Can't Breathe' T-shirts | syracuse.com

Today the South Bend Uniform Company (owned by a Mishawaka Police officer) offered their own shirt.
    10013547_578096548990917_4226451143510043401_n.png

Ind. company responds to police protests with 'Breathe Easy' shirts - TheIndyChannel.com

https://www.facebook.com/sobenduniform

It's getting heated up here.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Don't want to be killed by the police? Don't sell individual cigarettes.

What a great message.

The lefties voted in the kind of idiots who made such a ridiculous law. Now they are reaping the whirlwind. This is what monolithic, unaccountable gov. gets you. Of course, nobody in NYC will learn their lesson. They're far too stupid to do so.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ummm, that's a little rough, officer. No doubted protected speech, but um, er, well . . .

Haven't you heard? It's us versus them. In every situation, you have to be an us or them. I'm having trouble keeping track of whether I'm an us or them. We all have to choose sides in every situation. There is absolutely no room for "sounds like a local issue" or "I'm sure there are details I don't know, so I'll stay out of it"

CHOOSE!!!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I guess we're getting to the point that only some people have "free speech," eh?

I see nothing resembling a free speech violation in this thread.

Well, unless you count the government repression following the phrase: "Would you like to buy one of my cigarettes?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There has never been a time in our country's history when some people didn't have more freedom, whether to free speech or other things, than some other people.

...and believe it or not, people have more freedom in our generations, than any other prior (collectively)

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    ...and believe it or not, people have more freedom in our generations, than any other prior (collectively)

Care to explain?

With a Federal Register of Laws that reaches the heavens and is ever increasing I think the odds of your statement being true are nearly zero.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Care to explain?

With a Federal Register of Laws that reaches the heavens and is ever increasing I think the odds of your statement being true are nearly zero.

Well, tell me what you CAN'T do, cite the era you COULD do it, and I bet you'll that in that era a lot of people were less free.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess we're getting to the point that only some people have "free speech," eh?

Thats my take. It is Ok for a sports team to use the bully pulpit. Why not LEO. Seems to be bringing out the usual suspects.
    I have my opinions on this but have not voiced them very much. My opinion makes no difference.
    Freedom of speech works both ways......unless you are a authority hater.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'd wear one. I knew what it meant before he wrote this.

South Bend Uniform Co.

For those upset, please understand when we use the slogan "Breathe Easy" we are referring to knowing the police are there for you! We are one people, one nation regardless of race, religion, creed or gender. We are all in this together. The police are here to protect and serve. 99.9% of us have the greater good in our hearts each time we strap on our uniforms and duty belts. We are all one people and this is by no means is a slam on Eric Garner or his family, God rest his soul. Lets all band together as AMERICANS regardless of our feelings and know we can and will be better! Thank you for your support.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thats my take. It is Ok for a sports team to use the bully pulpit. Why not LEO. Seems to be bringing out the usual suspects.
    I have my opinions on this but have not voiced them very much. My opinion makes no difference.
    Freedom of speech works both ways......unless you are a authority hater.

The people confidence in impartiality seems to be a little more of a concern with LE than with a sports team.

Top Bottom