I apparently have another LEO related skill...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Damn, fellas, guess I should have posted that in purple.

FWIW, I'll fully cop (see the pun there) to not knowing the situation inside the police car, and I wouldn't say jack about that happening when it's obvious the officer is on a run, as posted in Frank's response. I wouldn't say I'm "100% ready to try, convict and sentence the officer," either, more likely, I'm 100% ready to mumble under my breath, "What's that all about?".

In direct response to the bold above... I'm talking about normal driving speed before and after the light, tooling down the center lane of US 40. Not passing any cars, no heavy acceleration after crossing the intersection, no indication at all of a need to not sit through 2 minutes of stoplight.

If Mr. Stein, or Mr. Still and Mr. Blue above can fill me in on how that would be warranted, I'll gladly sit back with a nice cup of STFU.

Honestly? I have no answer for you. I'd never do that, FWIW. I think we should should be held to a higher standard. Unfortunately, being human, and subject to human failings, sometimes we miss the mark.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Ok back on track!!!

funny5.jpg

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I would be more than happy to accommodate. Here's three:

1. Searching for a very recent abscond of a person or automobile, and not wishing to waste time sitting in traffic.

2. A non emergent, but somewhat urgent matter requiring a less than normal driving response; such as to take a report of a missing teenage girl.

3. The mere directed observation of a moving vehicle some distance ahead, to investigate a suspicious act, or keeping the vehicle in sight until requested information is obtained.

How about a break-in in progress where the LEO wants to catch the bad guys instead of warning them away with lights and sirens.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Done this many times, especially when they are going at it in a car parked in the middle of nowhere that people are at night. lol

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    At Elmendorf, it was a rather popular pasttime for folks to head to the backside of base, park by one of the lakes, and get naughty in their cars. In summertime, they may or may not get away with it unless there were kids around and I saw a butt in the window. Wintertime, we ALWAYS checked vehicles we found by the lakes at night. If someone was stuck or broke down, they could freeze to death if we just drove past.

Checked on a car one night, both folks nekkid as a jaybird. Asked the chick if she was alright, she wouldn't answer. Asked again, she just stared at me with a funny look on her face. That bugged me a tad, and in short order, her buddy was standing, naked, in knee deep snow. THIS was when she finally decided to chat with us, telling us what buttholes we were for interrupting them. Checked IDs, and by this time it was abundantly clear that she was there of her own volition.

What was funny was despite the fact that he was the one with his winky in the snow, the dude didn't even need an explanation of why we'd pulled him out of the car. He was mad as all get out at her for not speaking up when we asked how she was doing... to the point that he asked if we'd give her a ride home LOL.

That was my best mood killing deed in my whole time in. :D

Top Bottom