I am *begging* you, stop carrying on an empty chamber.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Totally late to the thread. You can accuse me of necroposting later.

But, one thing I think is often missed or at least not posted in these threads is the idea that if you carry unloaded you may cause yourself to be in a gun fight well before you are legal. Meaning, knowing that it will take you so much time to pull and chamber a round you might jump the gun, nyuk nyuk, and then get accused of pointing / intimidating / wreckless endangerment (ingolawyers don't crucify me on exact IC you know what I'm talking about). If your EDC is loaded and holstered properly you only draw and act when it is absolutely and instantaneously needed for your immediate defense.

Was that clear enough of a thought?

I don't think it's necroposting when the thread is still in play.

Off to the classifieds you go.

I think he is implying that bingley finally has 50 Quality posts. But I could be wrong.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    The posters in this thread are exactly the sort of reckless people who give us gun owners a bad name. Not only don't I carry one in the chamber, I don't even fill up my magazine all the way. This way I leave a few spots open at the top of the stack. If I accidentally rack my Glock -- and let's face it, those things are just accidents waiting to happen because they don't have a safety -- I'll still be safe. If you want to be Omar and "always carry one in the chamber," Nancy Pelosi has already won.

"But every second counts!" You may object. Fair enough. I just pull the trigger a little faster, and that will give the bullet the extra boost of speed it needs to get to the bad guy.

Be careful, people might start calling you theyankeemarshal...

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The posters in this thread are exactly the sort of reckless people who give us gun owners a bad name. Not only don't I carry one in the chamber, I don't even fill up my magazine all the way. This way I leave a few spots open at the top of the stack. If I accidentally rack my Glock -- and let's face it, those things are just accidents waiting to happen because they don't have a safety -- I'll still be safe. If you want to be Omar and "always carry one in the chamber," Nancy Pelosi has already won.

"But every second counts!" You may object. Fair enough. I just pull the trigger a little faster, and that will give the bullet the extra boost of speed it needs to get to the bad guy.

You also have to make sure to hold your gun sideways and throw your arm forward when you pull the trigger faster. That way you're getting all the ultimate bullet speed by throwing it at your [strike]victim[/strike] target.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You also have to make sure to hold your gun sideways and throw your arm forward when you pull the trigger faster. That way you're getting all the ultimate bullet speed by throwing it at your [strike]victim[/strike] target.
    If you flip your wrist just right you can make the bullet's path curve arround objects. It's true. I saw it in a movie.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    WOW.

Some of you guys are shining examples of why the world thinks we are morons. This is the internet. Stop pretending you know why people do what they do, and stop assuming you know someones training level from a single sentance in a single post. Its absurd.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    WOW.

Some of you guys are shining examples of why the world thinks we are morons. This is the internet. Stop pretending you know why people do what they do, and stop assuming you know someones training level from a single sentance in a single post. Its absurd.
    Not to mention, OBTUSE!

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    There are a few things that I see wrong with someone carrying on an empty chamber:
    1- It eliminates the element of surprise. Say you are in a store and a robbery starts. Your best move may be to draw and take cover behind the shelves and watch over things, prepared to shoot at a moment's notice. You can't do that quietly and be ready with an unloaded gun.
    2- You may find yourself one handed...due to carrying or holding back a loved one, or due to being in hand to hand conflict with a BG. You can't rack the weapon...therefore you are un-armed.
    3- Not carrying a loaded firearm indicates that the carrier is not comfortable, trusting of, or has very much knowledge of the workings of his club (er, unloaded firearm).

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Right here. Right now.

photo9_zps74109a41.jpg

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    Unless my gun has manual safety, I'm gonna carry it with an empty chamber, at least until I'm 100% comfortable with it. The risk of getting shot by my noob finger is far greater than the risk of getting shot by a bad guy.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Unless my gun has manual safety, I'm gonna carry it with an empty chamber, at least until I'm 100% comfortable with it. The risk of getting shot by my noob finger is far greater than the risk of getting shot by a bad guy.

Had training?
    If not, you may want to look into it. Only good things can come of it.

Top Bottom