• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think the killing of junior officers by their own men is in large part urban myth.
    I hope you are right. I had two uncles who were NCOs and who saw action in Viet Nam. When I was in ROTC, they laughed at me and told me I would be dead within 3 days of arriving in country.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We did have some dickhead nco's who chilled out a little once their guys got issued live rounds in Bosnia.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    rmcrob: You could not have known that the war/conflict was going to end when it did. You were being processed and getting prepared. Just because the war didn't wait for you doesn't mean you weren't willing to serve your country.

Regarding:
    Because I know some salty, bitter combat vets , who regularly make fun of folks with his "experience" .

The conversation usually ends with them agreeing that "bad things" should happen to those who try to fake it

There's always some ex-GI (and current GI) that needs to complain or bitch. I don't know of anyone I served with that didn't bitch about something or other.:dunno:

Well you know what they say. "If the soldiers aren't bitching about anything, then there's something wrong.":D

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I love it when people dont know what ROTC is about. :):

He didn't complete ROTC either...
    3 years ain't complete.

Years ago I filled out all the paperwork to get on the Indianapolis Police Department, and didn't follow it any further.

Does that make me a cop?

I also did a year of AirForce ROTC. Does that make me a member of the AirForce?

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Because I know some salty, bitter combat vets , who regularly make fun of folks with his "experience" .

The conversation usually ends with them agreeing that "bad things" should happen to those who try to fake it . (PG Version)

He didn't call himself a vet, anyone with a DD214 and an Honorable Discharge is a Veteran.

He didn't run to Canada and hide, he did his duty the best he could. F... what anyone else thinks.

I know 11B's who think they are tough **** because they are Infantry, yet have never been deployed... then have the balls to talk **** about MP's and CAV Scouts who come back with CAB's.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You have your DD214 and that is the important paper you must have to legally prove your military service. With that document you should be able to get your Hoosier Veterans License Plates if you so desire.

Your mind and your heart was there, your body was not. You are a Veteran in this Veteran's eyes my friend.

Stand up and be proud of what you did do.

Most men of your age then did not even make an attempt to join. Yet they complained about stuff they had no idea of what they were complaining about.

Last edited:

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    :+1: ya your a vet combat or not . at least you tried but medical bumped you out thats not your fault. it took 10 non combat troops to support 1 combat grunt. i suppose those guys weren't vets either? yea right! do what you should ,call yourself a vet.

Top Bottom