• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I think if you look through most of my posts in this thread, I've re-iterated that.....

Freedom has responsibility with it.... Although we should be free to decide if it is more important to travel than to stay home, we also must take responsibility for our decisions or actions. Every action has a reaction....

Yesterday I was out finally on the streets and the area I was in was open for business again but they still hadn't salted and the conditions were dismal for driving. All around me there were motorist speeding along like it was a dry warm July day and some of those people were still hitting other vehicles and stopping traffic with their superior driving skills. I still state it's their right to travel, but their responsibility to pay for what they destroy.... in some cases it's monetary in others it would certainly be down right criminal but in order for us too live in a free society we have to allow for others actions and after they have produced a dangerous action and result, then we can arrest, ticket, or rescue them not before.

Just saying...

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So today was my court date. The officer lied under oath saying there was one car every 10 minutes or so. When i drove up the on ramp there where at least 5 cars in front of me. During the 45 minutes i had to wait to get my ticket about 50 cars must have come up the ramp that he sent back down. The law he cited me was disobeying a police order. Under this law you have to knowingly violate a police order. I had no idea the road was closed till i got to the officer and asked him. I was in the court room first and the officer came in after and started asking the attorney on his side about the law in question i listened to him say how he wanted to make sure this one was enforced. The judge at the end stared at the officer and his attorney for about 45 seconds and then stated i was guilty citing that she knew about the closing and that it was announced multiple times. As far as im concerned this was a wheel and deal stare for 45 seconds. I did not have power that whole weekend which i told her during the "trial". My orignal ticket was 128 dollars. They ened up fining me 218.50 cents. I find it insane that officer lied under oath. People like him have no morals or integrety and should not be out there enforcing laws if they can not tell the truth.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Bummer, I had a ticket thrown out for telling the judge the cop was lying standing there next to me, plus I had a photograph of his error and had I been able to issue a breathalyzer to him I could've cited HIM for DUI at the time he issued the ticket. He was told to stick around for a while after I was dismissed. Should've pressed the issue knowing they will stick it to you once you go to court.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Seems to me, if they're going to close a road, it should be, you know, MARKED.
    At home with no power, how do you know?
    At work for 2 days, how do you know?
    It's not like 1-65 has a hundred intersections.

Top Bottom