• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    To let every one know. I was heading to work today west on Route 30 and was going to get on I-65 North bound. I headed up the ramp and there at the top is a cop facing the wrong way with his lights on. I pull up to him and ask if there is a issue. He says give me your license and registration. So I do and ask what is wrong he tells me 65 is closed and im getting a ticket for disobeying the police closure. Note there was no sign at the bottom of the ramp. I had know idea it was closed there was no sign or anything. What is up? And can he give me a ticket for this. The ticket says "Road Disobeyence police order closure". How is someone going to know it is closed till they get to him and then it is to late. Anyone else get this situation.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    1) Bad on his part to be at the top instead of the bottom. 2) How did you get off the ramp he was blocking at the top. Can you fight the ticket? Good luck.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What code or law did he break? I'm not being a smart ass, and IANAL.
    But all I can find is stuff like...
    No obligation to assist
    if rescued, can be taken to warming center, and not orig destination..

And he should know better?
    Some of us have jobs that fire you for not showing up, even in this.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I hope my dumb daughter gets a ticket. Stupid girl decided to drive to work at the stupid gas station because her manager at FAMILY EXPRESS apparently has threatened to fire anyone who doesn't go to work even though we are under a state of emergency. Okay...maybe she isn't truly dumb or stupid but mama is mad and the decision to drive in this crap is VERY STUPID. Someone drove her there in a 4WD and plows are being pulled from the roads again in a half hour but she thinks she'll be getting home when her shift ends at 11 p.m. If she lived a mile from work, that be okay...but not 20+ miles!!!

I'm thinking about calling the cops and asking them to give her a ticket when she gets in her car!!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Kind of a jackwagon post there Scutter.....

Why? The road announcements have been all over the news and the internet, and just looking out your window is enough to see the snow. Falling back on "well, there was no sign at the bottom of the ramp" is just a lame excuse. Putting yourself on the road means that you're interfering with emergency services and if you go off the road (and you almost certainly will), you're taking resources away from people who actually need them. The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I hope my dumb daughter gets a ticket. Stupid girl decided to drive to work at the stupid gas station because her manager at FAMILY EXPRESS apparently has threatened to fire anyone who doesn't go to work even though we are under a state of emergency. Okay...maybe she isn't truly dumb or stupid but mama is mad and the decision to drive in this crap is VERY STUPID. Someone drove her there in a 4WD and plows are being pulled from the roads again in a half hour but she thinks she'll be getting home when her shift ends at 11 p.m. If she lived a mile from work, that be okay...but not 20+ miles!!!

I'm thinking about calling the cops and asking them to give her a ticket when she gets in her car!!!!!

How is it financially feasible to work at a gas station 20 miles from home?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I drove home at 3am without much difficulty, my road had 10" inches of snow. Just a highlander. Is it really that bad out now?

Our roads have 4 to 6 foot drifts and are blowing shut as fast as they plow them open. Actual temp is -14 (was up to -12 but supposed to be close to -20 tonight when she gets off of work) with wind chills WAY below that. She drives a pontiac grand am...with crappy tires cause she "keeps forgetting" to order the new ones that she has the money saved up for.

abigbadzebra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Richmond
    <purple>You are required to have internet, TV, or radio to receive Police Emergency messages.</purple>

I think that's a straight up BS ticket. A simple sign at the on-ramp would do. Those that disobey that should be ticketed. Not everyone is going to get the message.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Sounds like she has an idiot for a manager. All the gas stations in Westville are closed except family express. Probably an idiot manager out here to.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why? The road announcements have been all over the news and the internet, and just looking out your window is enough to see the snow. Falling back on "well, there was no sign at the bottom of the ramp" is just a lame excuse. Putting yourself on the road means that you're interfering with emergency services and if you go off the road (and you almost certainly will), you're taking resources away from people who actually need them. The "jackwagon post" is the guy that thought the emergency didn't apply to him and then *****ed when he got dinged for it.
    Really? And what about those volunteers that are getting fuel for people with no power, pulling cops outta ditches, etc.
    they must be jackwagons

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sounds like she has an idiot for a manager. All the gas stations in Westville are closed except family express. Probably an idiot manager out here to.
    Maybe the guy figures some people need gas. Cops, ambulances, people that need fuel for a genny, etc

Top Bottom