• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I'm not necessarily playing dumb, more so than trying to get you to think outside the box. Just because Obama was black didn't mean he had to pander to Black people. He was a Democrat. Black people vote democrat. He really didn't have to do much to ensure he got the black vote. That's why, I'm asking what did he promise to black people, and why haven't I gotten whatever it was he promised, and why am just now hearing about it now? I feel kinda cheated.

If Obama was good at one thing, it was playing the black community. I don't think he followed up on those promises.

The black friends that I have are conservatives, like most of my friends are. We've had some lengthy conversations on the subject. They are pretty frank with me about the topic of promises made by Obama, and that once he was voted in, the black community who put him in office strongly felt that they were forgotten.

This is also true of the black politicians who helped Obama become an Illinois State Senator and eventually helped him be elected to POTUS. Even while Obama was president, Chicago politicians complained that they had been forgotten. Chicago residents of black communities like Chicago south side were not kind to Obama either: https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-41-3-2.html

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not necessarily playing dumb, more so than trying to get you to think outside the box. Just because Obama was black didn't mean he had to pander to Black people. He was a Democrat. Black people vote democrat. He really didn't have to do much to ensure he got the black vote. That's why, I'm asking what did he promise to black people, and why haven't I gotten whatever it was he promised, and why am just now hearing about it now? I feel kinda cheated.

Well you arent standing there with your hand out are you? You havent fell for the Democrat BS that because of your skin color you cant achieve great things on your own and so you need the government to assist you . Right?
    Also knowing your profession which I truly respect, i know you support rule of law for all people equally and also that promoting the murder or resisting of police officers is treasonous right?
    We could go over these things one by one for hours and I'm not trying to dodge answering your exact questions of specifically what he promised but I dont have a memory log of every speech Obama gave on the subject or others. I just remember it as it happened live and I couldn't believe the stuff I witnessed. Also people talk about Trumps large ego which yes he does have, but not nearly as bad as Obama's ego and Obama only doing things to try and make his legacy look good. Not to help the people or the country
    These are my opinions

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Or because he actually held Canadian citizenship for the vast majority of his life.

Nope. It HAS to be racism. That’s the only factor that might lead someone to tell a politician who glocks on someone’s way of life, to go back where they glocking came from. And, of course, in Obama’s case, they think he came from Kenya. But it certainly can’t be because they hate their political adversary. Oh no. Can’t possibly be political tribalism. It’s always racism 100% of the time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Obama was good at one thing, it was playing the black community. I don't think he followed up on those promises.

The black friends that I have are conservatives, like most of my friends are. We've had some lengthy conversations on the subject. They are pretty frank with me about the topic of promises made by Obama, and that once he was voted in, the black community who put him in office strongly felt that they were forgotten.

This is also true of the black politicians who helped Obama become an Illinois State Senator and eventually helped him be elected to POTUS. Even while Obama was president, Chicago politicians complained that they had been forgotten. Chicago residents of black communities like Chicago south side were not kind to Obama either: https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-41-3-2.html

No, they felt that because he was Black guy he owed them something. There has always been that segment of the Black community. That type of thinking needs to be incised. Just because a person is black, don't expect some sort of helping hand that isn't extended to all. People who think that way need to be put in check. What did your black friends say Obama promised the black community, other than... I guess... fairness; which is the only thing I can possibly think of.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, they felt that because he was Black guy he owed them something. There has always been that segment of the Black community. That type of thinking needs to be incised. Just because a person is black, don't expect some sort of helping hand that isn't extended to all. People who think that way need to be put in check. What did your black friends say Obama promised the black community, other than... I guess... fairness; which is the only thing I can possibly think of.
    Incised. How? I can’t see with this climate, how it possibly won’t get worse. You have the people you said, but also there are the white enablers, the SJWs.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    On the black issue relating to the actual decendants of slaves in the United States, I believe we have failed as a nation. I've said this before and believe me when I tell you that my position on this matter doesn't gain me any brownie points among most people. But what's true is true and right is right and I could care less who likes me or what I say.
    For ANYONE to use anyone elses misfortunes to their political or economic advantage via government office, makes them the lowest piece of scum on the planet and a traitor to the republic, regardless of party affiliation . Obama was one of these people Among many other issues. He had the chance to be the greatest president in the history of the United states and he more than blew it, he went the opposite direction. I would truly have sang his praises if he would have healed our nation and unified us.
    I truly believe president trump is trying to unify THE PEOPLE of this country. But he is stomping the swamp beasts

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    On the black issue relating to the actual decendants of slaves in the United States, I believe we have failed as a nation. I've said this before and believe me when I tell you that my position on this matter doesn't gain me any brownie points among most people. But what's true is true and right is right and I could care less who likes me or what I say.
    For ANYONE to use anyone elses misfortunes to their political or economic advantage, makes them the lowest piece of scum on the planet. Obama was one of these people Among many other issues. He had the chance to be the greatest president in the history of the United states and he more than blew it, he went the opposite direction. I would truly have sang his praises if he would have healed our nation and unified us.
    I truly believe president trump is trying to unify THE PEOPLE of this country. But he is stomping the swamp beasts

Someone said something the other day, that really made me stop and think. I am the FIRST person in my family to be born with the FULL rights of an American citizen. And this is despite my family being in the United States probably well longer than most (South Carolina 1790). That really hit home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Someone said something the other day, that really made me stop and think. I am the FIRST person in my family to be born with the FULL rights of an American citizen. And this is despite my family being in the United States probably well longer than most (South Carolina 1790). That really hit home.

How is that possible...???
    Fair question. Curious.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

It's a damn shame to put it in words that wont be blocked by the language filter.
    It's just tragic and was not by accident. We need to heal we need to come together and the current system is meant to keep us divided

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's a damn shame to put it in words that wont be blocked by the language filter.
    It's just tragic and was not by accident. We need to heal we need to come together and the current system is meant to keep us divided

I truly believe Obama could have greatly narrowed the gap. When he was elected I was not pleased but I also had hopes he would use the office to at least continue the healing process. Unfortunately he did not. Regardless of his politics this was in my eyes his greatest failure.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I truly believe Obama could have greatly narrowed the gap. When he was elected I was not pleased but I also had hopes he would use the office to at least continue the healing process. Unfortunately he did not. Regardless of his politics this was in my eyes his greatest failure.

I honestly held out hope for alittle while after he was elected. I dont want to see any president fail because then we are all screwed. It didbt take long before I realized our biggest fears were true and I truly felt like I had to look over my shoulder for 8 years. Not just as a gun owner.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

My impression is that they felt generally abandoned more than upset over one specific promise. I think two of the biggest problems that affect blacks in urban environments are crime and unemployment. Perhaps some change on these fronts was expected, especially since "change" was the campaign slogan that got Obama elected in the first place. But nothing changed, not in the slightest, and in my conversations, I would say this was where the greatest frustration was expressed.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The democrat party needs racism. That is why they stir it up all the time. They aren't going to improve anything for blacks. They have them right where they want them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    31956329_172614646895771_1714199075072507904_n.png

31947721_172614673562435_2514628937204629504_n.png

31958070_172614626895773_929982418130042880_n.png

Top Bottom