• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Hi Tom,
    We have record of one email from you, which was responded to saying to expect your suppressor this week. This was prior to the 14 business days we quoted to inform you of time frame for shipment. I see that your suppressor was delivered, today. If you need anything from us, don't hesitate to shoot me an email directly.

Thanks
    Huntertownarms, given the number of people that have said they have sent you e-mails with no response I would suggest you check that you do not have a over aggressive spam filtering.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I have already gotten a email and instructions to send in my can to be cleaned and inspected. So far fast response. I will let everyone know how it goes. I am realistic and just so long as it comes back in a month I think that's pretty good service especially for only 16 bucks.

Stedyone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2016
    Brewer
    Thanks HTA for a fine job with the free annual cleaning of my Kestrel 7.62AK can! I got it back within two weeks and it's as good as new! Seth from HTA really took good care of me. I appreciate it.

-Stedyone

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    So just a direct question here.....The information that I have heard recently is that Huntertown Arms will be or has been bought by the gunshop named "In Laws and Outlaws" in central Indiana. Any truth or information on this?

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    If you will pony up the $20 to be a site supporter. It will allow you the ability to send PM's.

It might even help your appearance on INGO.
    Since you are using INGO to help with the business it's the least you should do anyway.

He works there, I don't think he's authrized to pony up that kinda cash.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Employees don't write the checks. Get it?

He's replied my emails on weekends after hours, pretty sure working on his own time, that's good in my book, YMMV.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Employees don't write the checks. Get it?

He's replied my emails on weekends after hours, pretty sure working on his own time, that's good in my book, YMMV.

I'm guessing he is acting in an official capacity, otherwise I'm not sure his employer would be okay with him posting on this forum using the name Huntertown Arms. By doing so, he's at the very least implying that he is acting as an official rep of the company, not just a private person helping out, who happens to work there. I know HTA is probably a smaller shop, but I know I could get fired for doing that kind of thing without authorization in my company (and it's like that in most companies).

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    A lot of hate towards Huntertown. I hope everyone is speaking from experience and not just bashing to bash. I own one of there products and have jumped into using there cleaning service. I will post what happens. If people are just playing telephone from what the have heard from a friend I don't think that is fair. I have noticed people always seem to make bigger deals out of small issues and then they spiral. My .02

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    A lot of hate towards Huntertown. I hope everyone is speaking from experience and not just bashing to bash. I own one of there products and have jumped into using there cleaning service. I will post what happens. If people are just playing telephone from what the have heard from a friend I don't think that is fair. I have noticed people always seem to make bigger deals out of small issues and then they spiral. My .02

I can't speak for anyone else, but I own 3 Huntertown cans, a Kestrel 556, a Guardian 9, and a Guardian 22 SS.

I've been disappointed in the Kestrel, not so much in it's performance, but in the fact that Huntertown changed the minimum barrel length multiple times (increasing it), without acknowledging any flaw in the design. To me, that tells me that they didn't do adequate testing to begin with. So, far, it's done an okay job with suppression and has held up full auto fire on my M16, though the finish is toast (I'll point out that the finish was destroyed long before I got my M16, that was pretty much all done from semi-auto fire running mostly on my SCAR 16s and Tavor). It's looking pretty rough at this point.

oqoPDaoacQe6Gr0TFdbFIA4ZxAAwhQvUbMlm2Cgyw51QvT3t4KADfcxdgBEr24hoOw8M9kdWjOO-XtazVtCMZH3Px3ubmLPgm0Kwg5HaKno4p-rAaF6goz13Q4DxzK_yP1VR0BrJp_Q8F8Z3Ynf6VD5JgizXD7wmBAttkCSEgRPrgpJJ3FOEFvZR3oGpuQ42P3ANiXHR4jRwHxD2gUDH60Be72q2WDGXCsVK1HcAezW8CaLpX6lYUH1qGMHY9YsIsv570LSY7360_o1n02hg2moXFl_zr-pveXll-rI9D9vIB4r19EUVg3WvSPSmXjKwPwRZ3PeWB-HLORUnTH57qsKP_kMNdm14LB_iPI91VtAoq751rYoOQlU4-0oWTRX6HruvRmpEloWUSvwkRwz_kHe1YAwGqQtqriu-YnGRLBGndH-NR7Mf498PyMgxc-JLsSyyKb2aAOfN-KeA3TBs-ztGEh7cJurpvKev3O4XEbt3dOy3QCV7Cg0hLNhygdaOLyzTai2Ha1uREhLdkCS20RANA6tUh-z7o23RM77bRaiqzi4Ng3R-UG8LyJK7X2AGBZ5ppQ=w1920-h657-no

For the Guardian 9, I don't really have any complaints. It does a decent job suppressing 9mm subsonic, though I was disappointed to find out that they don't support .300 BLK subsonic through it (despite selling a 5/8x24 adapter... what?). But that's fine, I just use my Silencerco Osprey 45 for that purpose.

As to the Guardian 22 SS, I'm just not impressed with the sound. It is definitely louder than other .22 cans I've heard. But, it is full auto rated, so I'll give it a shot on my CMMG .22 upper on my M16 and see how it does. That might be a saving grace.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Welcome to INGO. Haters are gonna hate no matter what. I look at 75% of the reviews and the like to be he said/she said BS and have zero value. People seem to think that since they are hiding behind a screen name they can say whatever they want with zero repercussions.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    BEOWULF

Do you know the minimum length for the kestrel? I own this one myself. Also I am in the market for a 9mm can but need it for my 9mm(SBR carbine) and my 8.3 300 blk out. I was thinking of a 45 can and maybe a osprey. What are you thoughts you seem to own a lot of NFA items. Sound, weight and length in this order is important to me. was thinking Gemtech (multimount GM-9) silencerco (octane 9 or 45) or a Griffin revo 9. Any input would be awesome!!

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    So just a direct question here.....The information that I have heard recently is that Huntertown Arms will be or has been bought by the gunshop named "In Laws and Outlaws" in central Indiana. Any truth or information on this?
    No sir. Some of the rumors we hear must have taken a fair amount creativity.

HuntertownArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2016
    Indiana
    If you will pony up the $20 to be a site supporter. It will allow you the ability to send PM's.

It might even help your appearance on INGO.
    Since you are using INGO to help with the business it's the least you should do anyway.

If they can't absorb a $20 investment they need to close up shop.

I contacted the admin regarding becoming a site advertiser and haven't received any info.

Top Bottom