• Status
    Not open for further replies.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I dont own one, never have shot one. Just not my thing. I do NOT find the humor in the video. I just keep thinking that this is going to show up in some gun control video about gun owners and how irresponsible they can be.
    What distresses me more is seeing that overweight guy so out of breath after running maybe 50 ft. I do believe he couldn't even throw the pistol that far. Might want to send that pistol in and get it repaired so he can sell it and get some cash to put to use in other places.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I dont own one, never have shot one. Just not my thing. I do NOT find the humor in the video. I just keep thinking that this is going to show up in some gun control video about gun owners and how irresponsible they can be.
    What distresses me more is seeing that overweight guy so out of breath after running maybe 50 ft. I do believe he couldn't even throw the pistol that far. Might want to send that pistol in and get it repaired so he can sell it and get some cash to put to use in other places.

eh, he has an "accent" he probly gets all the hot chicks :):

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    eh, he has an "accent" he probly gets all the hot chicks :):
    This might be very true. I didnt even think of that! I do know that most people stress the importance of being able to control your breathing and your muscles when shooting. I would think maybe his inability to shoot might come from the fact that he cannot "control" himself.

Last edited:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Well let's try and lighten the mood a bit.
    Going back to the orignal video, the guy with the accent I think we can all agree is half-passed retarded. I'm not a huge fan of HP pistols but I am a huge fan of "if it's broke send it back" or "if I can't fix it save it for the next gun "Buy-Back" and get a $50 gift card to Foot Locker."
    One thing that I cannot stand is people who make lawful gun owners look stupid and that's what the wanna-be Crocodile Hunter did here.

On the topic of HP pistols. I shot the hell out of a HP 45. With no problems. My friend had a HP in 380 and it was junk. Take what you want from that. My HP did what I needed it to accuracy wasn't that great but I wasn't all over the place either. And I bet with more practice I could have gotten better with it. But it gave me something to work with till I could get something better. It did what it was designed to do. I Probably wouldn't take it to shoot a Steel Challange, allthough I sometimes do things just to get a reaction.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    It looks like that guy has been packing away alot of McDonalds. If he put the fast food money towards a pistol...he could have bought a Glock.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    They are what they are. I don't think they were ever intended to compare to high end guns. In my case, polishing the trigger components provided a much smoother trigger pull and help accuracy considerably. It's a fun gun to play around with without losing too much money if you screw it up. Does this look any better?

I like those grips....Nice job

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    After just coming across this thread and viewing the video a couple weeks ago, I wanted to know all the hubbub of this handgun, and asked a friend to shoot his Hi Point handgun. Thus the commentary I'll share is from personal experience.

I had no expectations of this handgun to begin. The round count was somewhere around 600.

I first pulled it apart to view its nomenclature, as well as to ascertain if it was maintained. It was clean and oiled, but a real pain to get apart. However, it was no worse than some of the other "high end" semi autos, such as S&W.

It has little recoil, but no wonder: The thing weighs as much as a boat anchor! WOW!

After 50 rounds, I experienced:

• 4 cycle failures
    • 2 loading failures (surprised me too)
    • 7 extraction failures
    • 4 ejection failures
    Trigger pull was horrendous. I didn't gauge the lbs. of pull, but it felt as if it were 20. The travel of the trigger was equally as bad, but no different than some other "high ends".

At 25 yards, the accuracy was fair. Though its likely that such would have been greatly improved with a trigger work from a qualified gunsmith. Though it is my understanding, that the modifications it may have required, would have cost more than the handgun itself.

I field stripped it again, and performed a thorough cleaning and lube. After another 50 rounds, I experienced similar results in both failures and accuracy.

Would I have thrown this pistol in a fire? No. Would I have tried to pawn this handgun off on another, at half the price? No again. I would have mounted such on a plaque, with a description comparative of the presidency of Jimmy Carter. I would state Obama, but its yet too soon as this country hasn't hit bottom yet with him............yet.

In my opinion, this POS is worse than having no gun at all. Its terribly inconvenient to maintain, and worse of all: Unreliable.

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Tie a rope to the trigger guard and use it as a boat anker. Could always chuck it at someone in self-defense. I know if someone pointed one of those things at me the person wouldn't have to shoot as I would die laughing at them.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip

After 50 rounds, I experienced:

• 4 cycle failures
    • 2 loading failures (surprised me too)
    • 7 extraction failures
    • 4 ejection failures
    snip.

Anybody who is having these kinds of failures and doesn't have it fixed has only themselves to blame. The company, weirdly IMHO considering the guns and the price, has some of the best customer service in the industry. They WILL fix or replace it for free, so if you own a Hi-point like that and just blow it off, that's your problem, IMHO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom