• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    If it came down to using a high point, or throwing rocks. Well I would take my luck with the rocks.
    If you want to be silly be silly. My Hi Point .45 is a very dependable pistol.

Oh by the way, before I found out about Hi Point, I was going to buy a "Judge" for $400. Instead I bought my Hi Point plus my Stevens SxS 12ga for a total of $319. I'm looking for a Mosin to spend the other $81 on.

Check this review...
    Hi-Point Firearms
    ...and have fun throwing rocks.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    No offense but I just vomited in my mouth:puke:those are some nice grips but not so nice on that gun.
    No offense taken.;) I obviously thought it could use some improvement too or I wouldn't have made new grips for it. I wouldn't have wanted my first attempt at doing something like that to be on an expensive gun.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville

Oh by the way, before I found out about Hi Point, I was going to buy a "Judge" for $400. Instead I bought my Hi Point plus my Stevens SxS 12ga for a total of $319. I'm looking for a Mosin to spend the other $81 on.

Check this review...
    Hi-Point Firearms

If i were you i would take that $81 and buy your dog a new, more firearms intelligent owner:D:laugh::laugh::rockwoot::banana:Just Kidding!

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Check this review...
    Hi-Point Firearms

Just saying with the size it would be better off being used as a blunt weapon. I know some may not have a lot of money to spend on a gun. It usually takes me a while of saving, or using tax return checks. However you can get a much better gun, buying a good used gun. There are also good guns out there in the $400 price range. I really can not bring myself to rely on a NIB $200 pistol to protect my life. The video was funny, and I just tried to add a little humor to thread.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Just saying with the size it would be better off being used as a blunt weapon. I know some may not have a lot of money to spend on a gun. It usually takes me a while of saving, or using tax return checks. However you can get a much better gun, buying a good used gun. There are also good guns out there in the $400 price range. I really can not bring myself to rely on a NIB $200 pistol to protect my life. The video was funny, and I just tried to add a little humor to thread.

I agree with you %100 on what you said above and I am also trying to add a little humor to the thread as well... so no one please take anything i have said as personal digs:cheers:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Just saying with the size it would be better off being used as a blunt weapon.
    It is a heavy gun and that is a funny joke, Actually My Hi Point .45 is just about as heavy as a classic 1911, and because of the blowback design the recoil is less dramatic.
    I know some may not have a lot of money to spend on a gun. It usually takes me a while of saving, or using tax return checks. However you can get a much better gun, buying a good used gun. There are also good guns out there in the $400 price range. I really can not bring myself to rely on a NIB $200 pistol to protect my life.
    Nobody is asking you to do so. It's not that I couldn't have afforded a $400. I don't want to spend $400 on a pistol, since I have worked with my Hi Point enough to know that I can expect it to be reliable. I also think it is interesting that don't hear people say "I wouldn't trust a $200 12 ga to protect my life"
    The video was funny, and I just tried to add a little humor to thread.
    I am not mad at you for making fun of Hi Point, but I will defend Hi Points reputation. Why? Because I think it's important for price conscious people to know that they can buy a reliable pistol for under $200 and have money left over for a shotgun.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I agree with you %100 on what you said above and I am also trying to add a little humor to the thread as well... so no one please take anything i have said as personal digs:cheers:
    No offense taken. Would you trust your safety to a $200 shotgun? Would you trust your snipers safety to a $200 Mauser?

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    It seems to me (and I'm a newbie so take this for what it's worth) that those who hate Hi-Points hate them primarily because they're ugly, big and heavy. Then, they take that hatred and somehow apply it to Hi-Point performance.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    No offense taken. Would you trust your safety to a $200 shotgun? Would you trust your snipers safety to a $200 Mauser?

Yes i would.....as long as it wasn't a "HI POINT" :laugh::laugh::laugh: Gotcha!:D This is just my two cents worth so please take no offense...but there is a big difference between a $200 hi point and a older manufactured mauser or stevens shotgun. Those older guns where manufactured many years ago and the mauser is a battle prooven piece of art:draw:

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I can see why some folks don't care for the aesthetics of a Hi Point. After all, they are ugly, plastic looking, brick sized pistols. You know, like a .............wait for it........Glock.:D
    :popcorn:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    It seems to me (and I'm a newbie so take this for what it's worth) that those who hate Hi-Points hate them primarily because they're ugly, big and heavy. Then, they take that hatred and somehow apply it to Hi-Point performance.
    I'm sure that's part of it, although 1911's and all the "magnum" revolvers are at least as heavy as Hi Points, and Ugly is subjective. I actually like the looks of my .45 though, If a bad guy ever has occasion to look down the barrel, I really wouldn't mind if he finds it to be the ugliest thing he has ever seen!

I really believe that the majority of the Hi Point bashing comes from people who have spent much much more for their pistol, and they couldn't bear to think that just maybe, they could have been satisfied with something that cost far less. Also I do admit that the phrase "you get what you pay for" is not without merit. I am certain that if money were no object Hi Point would not have been my first choice. Since however I don't envision ever being in that position, I will happily say that My Hi point has met all of my expectations.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I can see why some folks don't care for the aesthetics of a Hi Point. After all, they are ugly, plastic looking, brick sized pistols. You know, like a .............wait for it........Glock.:D
    :popcorn:

128767897078246362.jpg

YOU DID NOT JUST GO THERE!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Yes i would.....as long as it wasn't a "HI POINT" :laugh::laugh::laugh: Gotcha!:D This is just my two cents worth so please take no offense...but there is a big difference between a $200 hi point and a older manufactured mauser or stevens shotgun. Those older guns where manufactured many years ago and the mauser is a battle prooven piece of art:draw:
    OK, I'll amend the question. Would you be afraid of a new Maverick 88, because it costs $200?

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    OK, I'll amend the question. Would you be afraid of a new Maverick 88, because it costs $200?

Not at all...I would buy a maverick because mossberg makes quality firearms.If uncle sam buys from mossberg then so will I.

Let me rephrase that....If our military will send our fine soldiers into combat with a mossberg...then that companies quality control must be top notch!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom