Not open for further replies.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Or he could have sent it back to Hi Point and they would have fixed it, so it worked right. Then who ever he sold it to would have gotten a pistol that works right.

I am not certain you can fix a hi point.
    They are the devil's handy work

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Man, you guys are brutal!!:):

I have had zero problems with my Hi Points and I've had a couple. The 995, the 995TS, and 2 C-9.... Always functioned fine.

Heavy, kinda ugly.. you bet.

I also have higher end guns and I like them. As long as they work, no problem for me, ans I sure won't dog your choices..

:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Every gun maker has their issues and sends a bad gun out every now and then. Nobody is perfect and people brand bash everything I am not worried about it I have two Hi-Points and a XD40SC and I would trust my Hi-Point to defend myself and family if needed.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Or he could have sent it back to Hi Point and they would have fixed it, so it worked right. Then who ever he sold it to would have gotten a pistol that works right.

nope they would have broken it again. didnt you see the video? it hit the target 1 out of 2, thats outstanding for a hi point. nothing needs repaierd.

Hi Point is one of the crapyiest guns ever made. better off carrying a musket. why take a chance on your life? i would always be wondering if it would function when i needed it. if your life is worth only $100, then buy a hi-point, but if thats all you can afford then your better off buying a good pair of running shoes and running away. your chances to live are better than using the hi point. thats not my :twocents:, thats just good advice.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    nope they would have broken it again. didnt you see the video? it hit the target 1 out of 2, thats outstanding for a hi point. nothing needs repaierd.

Hi Point is one of the crapyiest guns ever made.
    If that were true the Lifetime warranty would have bankrupted the company years ago.
    better off carrying a musket. why take a chance on your life? i would always be wondering if it would function when i needed it. if your life is worth only $100, then buy a hi-point,
    A Hi Point isn't all I bought. I bought a Hi Point and a SxS 12ga and I have money left over for a Mosin!
    but if thats all you can afford then your better off buying a good pair of running shoes and running away. your chances to live are better than using the hi point. thats not my :twocents:, thats just good advice.
    I am not certain you can fix a hi point.
    They are the devil's handy work
    So you don't have any exerience with Hi Points, and you have no idea what you are talking about, got it.

Last edited:

Gunfever1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I think I will stick to my glock! i have never owned a hipoint and I have shot one at the range one time and like they say you get what you pay for. at least with my glock i have a chance of hitting a target at more then 20 feet, have hi cap mags, and it dosent take a nice fire to improve it!!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I think I will stick to my glock!
    Not a thing wrong with that.
    i have never owned a hipoint and I have shot one at the range one time and like they say you get what you pay for. at least with my glock i have a chance of hitting a target at more then 20 feet
    The good news for me is that I can OC my Hi Point with out any fear of the bad guy shooting me first to take out the threat! Then when he is laughing at me I can knock him over the head.
    have hi cap mags, and it dosent take a nice fire to improve it!!
    If you find any more Hi Points that need improving, you can send them to me. i will take care of it! I will even pay for shipping.

Last edited:

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Improve your sights, improve your shooting

Hi there, there is something I did to my hi-points using a product I found on the internet, is called glow-on super phosphorescent (glow-on.com).

I specifically tried to improve the sight system, first on my pistols and then I moved to my carbine.
    The enhancement was easy to make although it required patience (if you can thread a needle you can do it too!) and very affordable, less than twenty greenbacks.
    Let me stop here and let you check for yourselves:
    a-pistol.JPG

flat_leafb.jpg

P1010063.JPG

P1010089.JPG

P1010070.JPG

Not bad at all :D, needles to say the enhancement improved on my ability to acquire and shoot a target. Plus a flinching reflex I had developed with the 40 S&W (a very snappy round) just went away.

Regards, Browncat

browncat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    By the way

:D It is the shooters talent not the tool the does the job, (think David and Goliath).
    There are plenty of examples of this but my intention is not to insult anybody, things are what they are, I know there are old mosin nagants around for about a hundred bucks, I've personally tried a couple at 400 yards with just the iron sights, if you have too, you wont let me lie, the simplicity, the accuracy, and the power can equal the performance of rifles 10 times that price.

peace,:) Browncat

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Hi there, there is something I did to my hi-points using a product I found on the internet, is called glow-on super phosphorescent (glow-on.com).

I specifically tried to improve the sight system, first on my pistols and then I moved to my carbine.
    The enhancement was easy to make although it required patience (if you can thread a needle you can do it too!) and very affordable, less than twenty greenbacks.
    Let me stop here and let you check for yourselves:
    a-pistol.JPG

flat_leafb.jpg

P1010063.JPG

P1010089.JPG

P1010070.JPG

Not bad at all :D, needles to say the enhancement improved on my ability to acquire and shoot a target. Plus a flinching reflex I had developed with the 40 S&W (a very snappy round) just went away.

Regards, Browncat

Pretty cool! Thanks for the link.

And welcome to INGO. :yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    "IF" i own a hi-point, it will be a "throw away piece"

e5ranger375 definition of Throw away piece: The gun the dead bad guy has in his hands when law enforcement arrives. consisting of such a crappy pistol (such as hi-point) that it would be believable a bad guy would be carrying it, so the baseball bat thats laying next to him is ignored. :)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    "IF" i own a hi-point, it will be a "throw away piece"

e5ranger375 definition of Throw away piece: The gun the dead bad guy has in his hands when law enforcement arrives. consisting of such a crappy pistol (such as hi-point) that it would be believable a bad guy would be carrying it, so the baseball bat thats laying next to him is ignored. :)
    You so funny:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm sure it wasn't a threat. He was probably just offering to come to your house and take you to the gun range, so you could see for yourself how well his Hi Points function.

AHHHHHH, i see. its one of those UBER SECRET NINJA RANGES where i have to get knocked out by being pistol whipped first, so i cant reveal the directions on how i came to arrive there. ......... explain to me how im gonna be shooting on my knees with duct tape on my hands again?? :):

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    AHHHHHH, i see. its one of those UBER SECRET NINJA RANGES where i have to get knocked out by being pistol whipped first, so i cant reveal the directions on how i came to arrive there. ......... explain to me how im gonna be shooting on my knees with duct tape on my hands again?? :):
    How else are you going to train for a serious stuff happens, situation?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom