• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    I'm not getting a divorce due to interfering with deer season...there's enough interference already with the multiple tree stands on the perimeter of our property and the shooting. I learned a long time ago not to interfere with deer hunting. I prefer not to have a cranky husband and like my venison in the freezer. I'm not sure what a picture of a pile of dirt is going to prove to anyone...it's dirt. There are no targets there other than when we are shooting. I really didn't come here to prove to anyone that I am who I am. I came here for advice and have gotten quite a bit that has been useful. After speaking with a supervisor today, we are making progress.

Interesting thread. Don't let the trolls get you down. Whether or not you have a backstop that suits the trolls has zero bearing on whether or not someone else is slinging lead on to your property and endangering your lives. Stay the course and ignore the trolls.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Interesting thread. Don't let the trolls get you down. Whether or not you have a backstop that suits the trolls has zero bearing on whether or not someone else is slinging lead on to your property and endangering your lives. Stay the course and ignore the trolls.

Welcome to INGO...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    trust would be earned not given. I am skeptical of these threads because all to often we get one side of the story not exactly as the way it is only to find out we have had our chains yanked. It honestly would not surprise me on iota if your family did not use a backstop because you may not be shooting in the direction of houses. Simply claiming you have one IMHO doesn't count.

I would have to agree I'm still on the fence on this thread, but you have shown us your property from the air it would be nice to see the backstop even though it may interfere with deer season. The deer will come back its not like they are going extinct.
    What difference does it make?
    the issue is NOT her safe or unsafe shooting! It's the neighbor.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks. I tried to post a pick of my 1911's in the handgun forum but I couldn't get it to work.

1911's are always good! I've never been one to worry much about whether or not people like me. My friends like me and I like me, and that's what is important. My husband usually likes me too. I fight for what I believe to be right, and some idiot who doesn't understand firearm safety shouldn't be allowed to keep people from enjoying their own property.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine

Apparently, they want to see what kind of dirt we grow here...I can assure you it is all sand. Might be some cat poop and lead mixed in that pile, but it's still dirt for the most part. LOL

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    1911's are always good! I've never been one to worry much about whether or not people like me. My friends like me and I like me, and that's what is important. My husband usually likes me too. I fight for what I believe to be right, and some idiot who doesn't understand firearm safety shouldn't be allowed to keep people from enjoying their own property.

I only shoot 1911's. Although I've had a few other types of handguns, 1911's seem to work best for me. They can be addictive though. LOL. I currently have 3.

I've read through this whole thread this past week. Hang in there and ignore the trolls. You don't owe them any explanation. Sounds like you have a jackwagon for a neighbor and I hope you get compensation for the damage they caused.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I only shoot 1911's. Although I've had a few other types of handguns, 1911's seem to work best for me. They can be addictive though. LOL. I currently have 3.

I've read through this whole thread this past week. Hang in there and ignore the trolls. You don't owe them any explanation. Sounds like you have a jackwagon for a neighbor and I hope you get compensation for the damage they caused.
    To hell with compensation! I just hope someone convinces the idiot to start shooting safely, before someone gets hurt!

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    To hell with compensation! I just hope someone convinces the idiot to start shooting safely, before someone gets hurt!

Doesn't sound like anyone is going to convince him though. Per the OP, LE isn't interested until someone gets shot. Hopefully she'll get a lawyer and at least get a judgment against him for damages.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Getting an assessment of the damage with a forester, but at the moment the DNR seems to be stepping up to do what needs to be done so we shall see...keeping my log of everything happening so I have good documentation.

SeaCaptain49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2013
    Home
    Getting an assessment of the damage with a forester, but at the moment the DNR seems to be stepping up to do what needs to be done so we shall see...keeping my log of everything happening so I have good documentation.

Be patient and stay the course, even if it takes years. A family member of mine got an 18k judgment against a crappy contractor but it took almost 5 years. After the judgment, he filed a lien against their business, then suddenly, a check came rocketing in the mail.

You can win this, but it may take time.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, generally speaking, credibility usually goes hand-in-hand with honesty and a noticeable lack of hypocrisy. Were we to find out that the OP didn't use a backstop--and I'm not saying she doesn't--I think it would be logical to question her story, if not the whole thing, then at least certain parts.

I'm with IGW on this one. Somethings aren't adding up to me.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    You lot are making me sick...........
    She came in here with a problem, asking for advice, received some, has done what she can to provide answers to all you doubting Thomas', keeps updating the thread as to what is currently happening by providing what info she can in AN ONGOING INVESTIGATION and you want more. I just read in one of her recent posts that DNR is actually doing something about her problem, yet you still go after her. I gave her, via pm, Guy Relford's website address and phone number and if she's retained him, at present, I know exactly what he'd have told her. Keep quiet! This is also what she'd have been told by any/all LEO working this. You all don't want to believe the google earth pic or the pix she put up showing the damaged trees, signs, etc. What do you people what from this woman??? A gilt-edged RSVP to her property???? Yes, I know what most of you will say...........nothing to go on but her side of the story and until the 'other side' shows up, I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve a word she's said.

I'm certain that there are lawyers among us, aside from Guy, that can chime in on this as well as LEO other that VUPDBlue. Ongoing investigations should not be discussed in an open forum, public place, etc., unless it is being done between A) lawyer & client or B) victim & LEO. I know it is the internet and there's nothing but the truth ever post and that some people will post a twisted or distorted version of the facts and some will outright lie. I currently have dealings with Guy and I've not posted a word about it and won't until it all plays out, because Guy said the matter shouldn't be discussed openly and that includes here. I, also, get the feeling, from reading posts by some of you, that if/when I do post about it, I'll get hammered by the same group.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

3 1911's are just enough....well...maybe....but then again 9 or 10 is not to many.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You lot are making me sick...........
    She came in here with a problem, asking for advice.

there have been many that have done the same thing, only to find out the other side of the story pokes thousands of holes in what we were told initially. Look up the cop stole my wallet thread and have a peak for yourself.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    there have been many that have done the same thing, only to find out the other side of the story pokes thousands of holes in what we were told initially. Look up the cop stole my wallet thread and have a peak for yourself.

No, thanks, I'll pass and if you read from the purple on, you'll understand why. Having said that, I'll state once again, until the 'other side' shows up, I have no reason to disbelieve her posts and frankly, nobody else has anything to dispute it, either, other than past histories with morons that don't know how to tell the truth.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Pun hidden in plain sight.

Top Bottom