• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am waiting on calls back. I haven't gone to the prosecutor yet as I am waiting first for the DNR officer to call me back. One is in training until next week and the other for our area is to call me tomorrow night. In the meantime, I found out how to get copies of their reports and submitted my written request today so am waiting to see what they actually said to the neighbor about his targets/shooting practices. The prosecutor is on my list of people to contact.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I am waiting on calls back. I haven't gone to the prosecutor yet as I am waiting first for the DNR officer to call me back. One is in training until next week and the other for our area is to call me tomorrow night. In the meantime, I found out how to get copies of their reports and submitted my written request today so am waiting to see what they actually said to the neighbor about his targets/shooting practices. The prosecutor is on my list of people to contact.

If no action was taken I would be surprised if a report was done.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    LOL compared to most everyone here , I'd be licking the windows on the short bus! But that's ok, I've got personality! But I do appreciate the cool kids letting me play.

I've got to wear a helmet (actually 2 helmets, kneepads, and velcro shoes) to play outside and even I'm not a window licker...sheesh.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If no action was taken I would be surprised if a report was done.

When the DNR came out the first time in September, we were told a report would be filed as he wanted to document what was going on in case it was needed later. I didn't talk to the DNR officer Sunday as he never made it to our house after talking to the shooters. He did talk to them so there should be documentation. If not, I have the sheriff's dept report showing they also talked to him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    When the DNR came out the first time in September, we were told a report would be filed as he wanted to document what was going on in case it was needed later. I didn't talk to the DNR officer Sunday as he never made it to our house after talking to the shooters. He did talk to them so there should be documentation. If not, I have the sheriff's dept report showing they also talked to him.

If a report was filed then I would assume a case number was drawn if their system is anything like what we use. I don't know about your agency's but we only take (file reports) for potential crimes, criminal arrests ect. Some places may be required to take a report if one is requested but every place I have worked we are the ones that decide if it is a report run or not. In other words they may be doing something and have not told you yet.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They may be and I know that DNR likes to keep an eye on things and catch people doing stuff so they can have a solid case. Sheriff's department did the same thing with the drug dealer down the road a few years back. Watched and did undercover buys for a while before actually arresting him and sending him off for a couple of years.

We really do live in a fun neighborhood! LOL! I just hope that they do something about the shooting before someone is hurt or killed.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I read that and thought a helmet might be a good idea when I'm outside! LOL! I am not even sure where my helmet is...been so long since I wore it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It's a dirt pile...not much to see other than a pile of dirt. Trust me. It's there and it is used when I am shooting. I'm not interfering with the deer hunting area to take a picture of dirt today. Sorry. DNR is finally listening to me and taking steps to get this taken care of.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Trust me.

trust would be earned not given. I am skeptical of these threads because all to often we get one side of the story not exactly as the way it is only to find out we have had our chains yanked. It honestly would not surprise me on iota if your family did not use a backstop because you may not be shooting in the direction of houses. Simply claiming you have one IMHO doesn't count.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    trust would be earned not given. I am skeptical of these threads because all to often we get one side of the story not exactly as the way it is only to find out we have had our chains yanked. It honestly would not surprise me on iota if your family did not use a backstop because you may not be shooting in the direction of houses. Simply claiming you have one IMHO doesn't count.
    I would have to agree I'm still on the fence on this thread, but you have shown us your property from the air it would be nice to see the backstop even though it may interfere with deer season. The deer will come back its not like they are going extinct.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm not getting a divorce due to interfering with deer season...there's enough interference already with the multiple tree stands on the perimeter of our property and the shooting. I learned a long time ago not to interfere with deer hunting. I prefer not to have a cranky husband and like my venison in the freezer. I'm not sure what a picture of a pile of dirt is going to prove to anyone...it's dirt. There are no targets there other than when we are shooting. I really didn't come here to prove to anyone that I am who I am. I came here for advice and have gotten quite a bit that has been useful. After speaking with a supervisor today, we are making progress.

Top Bottom