• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you only have 5 acres how can you invite people out to hunt it. The land I Coyote hunt is 500 plus acres and he only lets a select few on it. We never cross over the lines and will not shoot across on purpose.
    The other place we hunt is 80 acres and we do the same thing there. I am not a deer hunter but my buddies are. On the 500 acre place he will not take a doe early. Only Bucks and there are enough to shoot at. He will take a doe late for meat. His brother shot a doe and he is no longer allowed to hunt there. If you run off the ladies the men will not come around. His neighbors kill anything they see even on his side. He has had to get the authority's involved this year. People suck in general.

Try not to get shot. Wear loud pink and orange....stomp around and use cell phone liberally.....:):

Yep....they each have 5 acres. The one that has 10 doesn't allow any hunting. We like him a lot. LOL

I have plenty of orange and I wear it even if I am just going out to get the mail. Our house is in the middle of the woods so just walking up the driveway could be a risk depending on who has wandered where. The one guy was tracking his deer and walked over a half mile and when he was crossing the driveway...that's when he claims he realized that he should talk to us about getting permission to track. He wandered into the man cave and notified my husband and then they both tracked it all the way around our property TWICE and then it went north and was not retrieved. Another deer maimed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep....they each have 5 acres. The one that has 10 doesn't allow any hunting. We like him a lot. LOL

I have plenty of orange and I wear it even if I am just going out to get the mail. Our house is in the middle of the woods so just walking up the driveway could be a risk depending on who has wandered where. The one guy was tracking his deer and walked over a half mile and when he was crossing the driveway...that's when he claims he realized that he should talk to us about getting permission to track. He wandered into the man cave and notified my husband and then they both tracked it all the way around our property TWICE and then it went north and was not retrieved. Another deer maimed.

Coyote and worm have to eat.

Never understood wounding a deer. If you have a clear shot take it if you do not let the animal go. They few deer I have shot were clean shots taken at the proper distance for the gun/ammo I was using. I had good people with me to clean them and help haul them out. I gave the meat to them. Just not a fan of deer. I will hunt Coyote at every opportunity and have hunted Ferrell dog and pig but just not into the deer thing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The lack of a clear shot that these guys seem to ignore was the reason for my calls to the neighbors that was noted several posts back :coffee:

Deer meat is very good if processed correctly. We process our own and enjoy it. What cuts we don't eat, I use to make cat food (heart, liver, etc.) Cat food is expensive and I know that they are eating something good for them and not full of China additives. My old kitties are a wee bit spoiled.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The lack of a clear shot that these guys seem to ignore was the reason for my calls to the neighbors that was noted several posts back :coffee:

Deer meat is very good if processed correctly. We process our own and enjoy it. What cuts we don't eat, I use to make cat food (heart, liver, etc.) Cat food is expensive and I know that they are eating something good for them and not full of China additives. My old kitties are a wee bit spoiled.

Sounds like you folks have it down to a science.

I have had some good summer sausage and some burger made from deer but the burger was mixed with some pan sausage. It was really good but you had to stay on top of it. Same with the deer sausage we got from the same fella. It was mixed with regular sausage.

I ate a lot of Game when I was younger and it was all prepared by people that knew how to cook it. Since I have been with my wife I got away from the hunting as Racing/boating and camping became the norm. I took the kids to the woods a lot to shoot but they are not hunters. Shooters...oh yeah...hunters, not so much. City life and all that goes with it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We respect nature and take what we can use and no more. I could never live in town. When we bought here, there was one other house in our mile of road...it was a dirt road and nobody drove down it unless they were coming to see us. I miss that....lots of houses added in the past 20 years. My son moved to Camby and that was an adjustment. Apartment living after being out here in the woods is a big change!

Coyotes and fox are a target here as they steal my poultry and my cats.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Never understood wounding a deer. If you have a clear shot take it if you do not let the animal go. They few deer I have shot were clean shots taken at the proper distance for the gun/ammo I was using. I had good people with me to clean them and help haul them out. I gave the meat to them. Just not a fan of deer. I will hunt Coyote at every opportunity and have hunted Ferrell dog and pig but just not into the deer thing.

Yep. Luck should never be a major factor in taking a shot. Bad sportsmanship/conservation.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis

Don't get into bow hunting.

INDPrepper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Wow. That is just crazy. I do agree with what everyone else has said though. Maybe building your own back stop would be nice but like someone else said, he would just change his POA to make sure he misses the backstop

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My sister has similar issues on her land. A$$-Hat nieghbor hunts her property like he owns it. He only has 5 acres and uses hers to expand his chances of getting a deer. His stand faces into her land as there is an obvious deer run. My BIL has found arrows and slug marks on his side of the line. He has let them know if he catch's them it will get ugly.
    We shoot down there and he has complained we are scaring the deer.
    BIL had his land surveyed and marked. He wants to have a range day this weekend....to scare off the deer.
    I'M IN!:rockwoot:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    We have surveyor tape hanging all over trees and things on the line, put in some fence posts on the line, have the survey stakes all marked with a t-post next to them and more surveyor tape. When he put the road in from the woods, I was hoping they might think we were going to start excavating and add a house for my daughter or something! They would just LOVE that!! We are thinking a fence is next.
    That was my thought. Bright green, orange, and/or pink tape. Nice and visible!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That was my thought. Bright green, orange, and/or pink tape. Nice and visible!

We have tape and no hunting/no trespassing signs and everything else we can think of other than the fence...that's next.

I'm just glad we have 90 acres and I don't have to SEE their houses. I would prefer not to hear them either, but maybe we are just hermits in disguise :naughty:

sinnful

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox
    Not to be nosey but where is all of this going on. I see we are from the same town and cant believe I havent heard anything about this.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    We have tape and no hunting/no trespassing signs and everything else we can think of other than the fence...that's next.

I'm just glad we have 90 acres and I don't have to SEE their houses. I would prefer not to hear them either, but maybe we are just hermits in disguise :naughty:

Nothing wrong with that. My nearest neighbor straight line distance from the house is 3/4 mile. On a one mile radius there's like 4 houses. In 2 cardinal directions you can go 3 miles before getting to a house.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not much at the moment....can't say much so will update when I'm able.

Translation, the neighbors left to visit family for the holiday and mysteriously never arrived or returned. The FBI will be scouring her property for fresh graves over the weekend. LOL.

Ottboys3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Indy
    well I hope and pray your neighbors reckless, and dangerous shooting habits don't get anyone shot or killed! Get a lawyer before its to late.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom