• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've found comfortable ways to carry almost every moment except sleeping.

If the sweatpants or gym shorts are loose, I use Thunderwear with my LCP

For sweats with a more sturdy waistband, I sometimes use a magnetic holster, also usually LCP but sometimes XDs

I've also heard the sticky holster works for this, but am worried about that moving and dropping out of the waist. I use a sticky holster for my Pepperblaster, and I find I can only trust it with a snug waistband.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Oh and I'm assuming I can only drink beer or whiskey correct? Anything else and I'm not a man I assume?

"Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets."
    -Ron Swanson

In all honesty, if you're carrying something that isn't too heavy, I think an IWB clip-on holster is your best bet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I had to carry wearing sweat pants ( i don't but if I had to) it would be in a shoulder rig of some kind. No way I could keep sweat pants in place sporting a side arm.....:)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you're just lounging around, I'd maybe look into a smartcarry holster or something similar. If you're actually looking to get sweaty, hmmm.. shoulder holster? it'd be pretty common to see sweatpants and a zip-up sweatshirt or vest around here on the weekends, and either could conceal easily.

^^^^This. I often carry in a Smartcarry and slip it to my strong side instead of in front like normal for running or biking in sweats or shorts if I don't just slip a P3AT in a pocket. It is the most comfortable way I have found.

Jeepsandguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2013
    Carmel
    School girls skirt length should be long enough to cover the knee. There's no need for that kind of immodest apparel among minors.
    When it's not minors wearing them, I prefer them to be long enough to cover everything, but short enough to keep things interesting. This was the same approach I took when writing papers in college (I call it the Skirt philosophy).

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think a fanny pack holster would be a good option. I'm mean, it's not like you're concerned with looking like a dork if you've already got sweat pants on. :):

That's what I do, as I'm past the age of worrying whether somebody thinks I look like a dork.:D
    I've found through the years that most people who think I'm "uncool" are people I'd NEVER trade places with on a bet.
    So I just wear my "fannypack" (or "fagbag" as I'VE always called it) as I have for years, because it's the most FUNCTIONAL choice I've found for sweatpants.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i agree there are a lot of people that wear sweat pants out of sheer laziness. However there are a lot of us that work out and just so happen to have a lot of work out clothes which includes sweatpants of all types. If i have nothing going on during the day why not wear sweatpants? I kind of imagine most of you dressing like walter shoback anyway so im going to say its probably not best to be giving out fashion advice on a firearm forum. unless of course if someone is interested to know what color pants they should wear with their od green button up.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I saw something about gym shorts and can't help but wonder why a thigh holster wouldn't work.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Sweatpants...for those who've given up on life.

i agree there are a lot of people that wear sweat pants out of sheer laziness. However there are a lot of us that work out and just so happen to have a lot of work out clothes which includes sweatpants of all types. If i have nothing going on during the day why not wear sweatpants? I kind of imagine most of you dressing like walter shoback anyway so im going to say its probably not best to be giving out fashion advice on a firearm forum. unless of course if someone is interested to know what color pants they should wear with their od green button up.

Obesity and disability also comes to mind.

Top Bottom