• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Men shouldn't wear sweatpants, shorts, or sandles in public (preferably at all). So, I assume it is adequate for you to carry a purse, which can adequately accommodate a firearm.

Or, as previously posted, just go with the fanny pack since you've thrown appropriate dress attire for being in public out the window.

:popcorn:
    Oh, and MEN, shouldn't really give a **** about what anyone thinks of their particular choice of attire in public! I mean what, do you still go around with a ruler measuring school girls' dresses for length above the knee too!?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Back on track, I have found a belly band, with a trigger guard type "holster" modified into one of the pistol pockets a very good choice for carry in athletic wear.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Answer #1: Anything that reliably gets you from A to B will do. A truck platform is only necessary.....if it's necessary. The people who drive a 3500 lifted 10" with 44" super swampers that never see dirt or mud are idiots.
    Try to keep the cost of the car under 5 cents or less per mile (buy car for $5k, you better get 100k miles out of it).

Answer #2: Scotch and Bourbon will also suffice. And don't add fruit, whipped cream, sprinkles, or any other crap to your drink.

Damn you're right! I don't know why it has taken me so long to take fashion advice from a stranger on the internet :rolleyes: . Since I've got you, can you tell me what type of vehicle I'm supposed to drive? Obviously a big truck is the way to go, but can I get by with an SUV? Assuming, of course, it is build from a truck's platform and not one of those girly crossovers. Oh and I'm assuming I can only drink beer or whiskey correct? Anything else and I'm not a man I assume?

Some people... ask a question about how others carry, and you will receive a citation from the fashion police.

You're welcome! I'm actually under 30, but most people say I have the mentality of an 80 year old.

Spoken like someone born in the mid part of the last century! Thanks great grampa!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Oh, and MEN, shouldn't really give a **** about what anyone thinks of their particular choice of attire in public! I mean what, do you still go around with a ruler measuring school girls' dresses for length above the knee too!?

School girls skirt length should be long enough to cover the knee. There's no need for that kind of immodest apparel among minors.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    You can always wear a gun belt over your sweatpants with a belt holster. Works very nicely. The gun belt will stay in place by itself even without the belt loops you would have when wearing jeans or slacks. Just one more option. No need to buy something different than you already have.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    • Adding a belt.
    • Downsizing firearm to something that can be supported by flimsy clothing.
    • Switching to carry that doesn't require belt (i.e. fanny pack, smart carry, shoulder holster, etc.).
    • Dressing differently.

Seems like those are the main options in a nutshell.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances."

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For year round carry I use a 3-Speed Holster 3 Speed Holster then for late Fall to early Spring I may add a Shoulder Holster.

I own four 3-Speed holsters and I've been using them for five years +/-. I am very happy with that system.

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    You can always wear a gun belt over your sweatpants with a belt holster. Works very nicely. The gun belt will stay in place by itself even without the belt loops you would have when wearing jeans or slacks. Just one more option. No need to buy something different than you already have.
    This is what I would do.^^

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Most of the time I like to have a gun "on my person"...even when lounging around the house in flannel pajama pants (my version of "sweatpants"). And there are times when I wear gym shorts out back to hit golf balls, shoot hoops, do yard work, etc. I've been on the hunt for a good gun/holster setup for all of these occasions and attire.

I finally stumbled upon a new Glock 42 yesterday and today is my day off so I went to the range this morning. I ended up putting 125 flawless rounds through it (WWB & HDC) in less than an hour.

I was so impressed that I decided to look at holsters before I left. The one that piqued my interest was a black Tagua "4 in 1". I bought it, brought it home, broke it in, and I've been wearing the 42 in the Tagua IWB @ 4 oclock in "my sweatpants" for the better part of the day now. I may be on to somethin here...me likey. YMMV

(FTR, If I'm leaving the house I take the time to put on jeans/gun belt or golf shorts/gun belt and my 22 or 27)

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I mean what, do you still go around with a ruler measuring school girls' dresses for length above the knee too!?

The length of a skirt should be like the length of an essay. Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep it interesting.

Perhaps shoulder carry John McClain style. Seasons Greetings....

badass7b.jpg

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I don't wear sweats in public, LOL.

But IF I did, I'd most likely opt for a shoulder rig, as I already have those for the EDC's I own.

Top Bottom