• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im just curious, I have seen lots of prices on lots of different firearms but im wondering what is the cheapest new factory made semi-auto pistol that you can buy nowadays?

What is the cheapest prices you have seen and what model and maker?

Im not planning on buying a cheap gun, just curious.
    Some models I see are so cheap I dont know if I would be willing to pull the trigger.You dont know what kind of quality metal they use for that price, how and where they are made and if the whole thing will blow off in your face or not.
    Not to mention some really cheap one are really ugly looking.
    Im not even talking about carrying one of those for self defense.

Liberator3.jpg

This is the cheapest pistol I could find, made by General Motors during WW2 for under $3 a piece!

:popcorn:

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yeah, but that looks like the "Liberty" pistol dropped behind German lines to the French Freedom Fighters. It was chambered in .45ACP, and the bore had not a lick of rifling in it! It was a gun to get a gun.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, but that looks like the "Liberty" pistol dropped behind German lines to the French Freedom Fighters. It was chambered in .45ACP, and the bore had not a lick of rifling in it! It was a gun to get a gun.

You are right.You know your guns. :)

I know it was not a gun made to be sold to the public.That's the cheapest gun ever made that I know.

Im trying to find out what's the cheapest gun nowadays that you can buy in a store or online.New, aproved to be sold and such.
    Something that would make the Hi-Point pistols look like very expensive guns.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    if you have a c&r the cheapest is a nagant revolver but semi auto I still think its a hi point but I think ive seen a jiminez? I think it was a 22 or 25 for like 130 bucks not to sure of that though but the jiminez is much more attractive than a hi point IMO

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Try buy a Liberator now!! Beaucoup bucks for one w/box...I saw a Davis derringer at a gun store for $59...38spl...wish I'd bought it!

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    Try buy a Liberator now!! Beaucoup bucks for one w/box...I saw a Davis derringer at a gun store for $59...38spl...wish I'd bought it!

I've seen a couple of those Davis derringers around. I'm tempted at picking those up to start a little collection, though I'd really prefer a Bond's derringer, but their price tags are a little hefty for me.

MillieBeast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    From what I have seen, it hard to beat a hi point especially caliber and capacity wise (9mm or 45) for cheapness and also they apparently have a good reputation with some people (I have never shot one, and will personally never purchase one because they are so damn ugly lol) but for pure cheapness especially for what you get they can't be beat.

I also always find it odd when the ammo put through the gun quickly costs more than the gun itself, not a bad thing but curious none the less.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    You might want to check with the anti-gun crowd... They're worried about the abundance of $5 "Saturday Night Specials"... Maybe they can tell you... Otherwise I don't think you can do it much cheaper than Hi-Point... The only thing that might make them cheaper would be relocating their factory overseas, but, then they'd probably get banned from importing them...

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The Hi Point CF380 sells new for $99.99 + 6% tax at Whittakers. Mine has been jam free with brass and steel case ammo( but did have a couple jams early on with aluminum case Blazer) in the limited shooting ( 300rds) I've done. A C9 would run $119.99 +tax.

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Im just curious, I have seen lots of prices on lots of different firearms but im wondering what is the cheapest new factory made semi-auto pistol that you can buy nowadays?

What is the cheapest prices you have seen and what model and maker?

Im not planning on buying a cheap gun, just curious.
    Some models I see are so cheap I dont know if I would be willing to pull the trigger.You dont know what kind of quality metal they use for that price, how and where they are made and if the whole thing will blow off in your face or not.
    Not to mention some really cheap one are really ugly looking.
    Im not even talking about carrying one of those for self defense.

Liberator3.jpg

This is the cheapest pistol I could find, made by General Motors during WW2 for under $3 a piece!

:popcorn:

I've though about this question, in case I was to get divorced, I would tell my wife that my 100 + gun collection was BRYCO, RAVEN, RG, DAVIS, JIMENEZ, JENNINGS, COBRA, {I'll leave the HI-POINT out, don't want any :ingo:members getting upset]

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    From my understanding, they were mass produced but were never actually dropped to the French.

Now I'm going to have to try and re research it!

EDIT: Below quote from Wikipedia

The weapon was valued as much for its psychological warfare effect as its actual field performance. It was believed that if vast quantities of these weapons could be delivered into Axis occupied territory, it would have a devastating effect on the morale of occupying troops. The plan was to drop the weapon in such great quantities that occupying forces could never capture or recover all the weapons. It was hoped that the thought of thousands of these unrecovered weapons potentially in the hands of the citizens of occupied countries would have a deleterious effect on enemy morale.[3]

In reality, the OSS never saw the practicality in mass dropping the Liberator over occupied Europe, and only a handful were ever distributed. Only the Chinese and resistance forces in the Philippines received the Liberator in any significant quantity. The Liberator was never issued to American or Allied troops and there is no documented instance of the weapon being used for their intended purpose.
    LINK -----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    From my understanding, they were mass produced but were never actually dropped to the French.

Now I'm going to have to try and re research it!

EDIT: Below quote from Wikipedia

LINK -----> FP-45 Liberator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia has all the answers.:laugh:
    For a site thats not moderated! Lots of good info that you always need to verify somewhere else. Too many jackholes mess it up:D

Top Bottom