• How much do you drink a week?

• Total voters

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have seen numerous alcoholic liver disease patients this week which led to this post. By a drink, I'm saying a 4oz glass of wine, 12oz beer, or 1oz shot of liquor equivalent. If you drink wine coolers, please hit ALT+F4.

To keep the thread bumping: how much will you drink while you're in possession of a gun? I limit myself to one drink, reasonable size in a restaurant but usually won't drink when carrying.

EDIT:
    Some have questioned the quantities. I did some looking and the 4oz wine is 12%, 5oz for 10% alcohol content. the 12oz beer is light beer at 4% or less. The liquor 1oz is 50%, and 1.5oz for 40%.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I go months without drinking then when I do I usually drink way too much. I probably drink a 12 pack a day during my week long fishing trip to Canada.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    In my college days not too long ago, I would say way too much.

I probably average 1-2 alcoholic drinks a month now. Usually just a beer with buddies or a glass of wine here or there with dinner.

When carrying, I limit myself to one beer (bottle or standard size glass at restaurant) or one glass of wine and no liquor. Also, this only applies if we will be eating as well. If no food, then I just skip on the alcohol.

I voted 1/week then though it's really closer to .25 or .5 / week.

Not sure that age matters, but I'm 27 years old.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Once every 2-3 years I'll have a few drinks. Alcohol never had the allure for me that it did my peers when I was in high school or college, I was 21 and half before I had my first drink. I've never managed to drink enough where I've felt effects from it. Between little to no effect and poor taste I generally have zero desire or motivation to go near it. I've also seen more than enough people abuse it, with varying degrees of consequences.

When I carry maintain a personal zero drink policy; IMO if you're under the limit to drive then there is no reason you shouldn't be allowed to exercise the judgement of carrying or not on your own (operating under assumption that .08 shows consistent statistical impairment levels), but I never want to give any excuse to a prosecutor or jury pool to harp on should I reach a point where deadly force needs to be used.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I drink a glass of red wine just about every nite before bed. But since your saying a 4oz glass of wine I will have to say I have 2. 4 Oz sure is a small portion.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I go months without drinking then when I do I usually drink way too much. I probably drink a 12 pack a day during my week long fishing trip to Canada.

This is about how I've been lately. The summer will probably have several occasions where I end up drinking way too much (last summer, one night I drank almost all of a 1.75l of Vodka and probably 10-15 beers).

I'm more apt to mix booze and fire than booze and firearms.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I drink a glass of red wine just about every nite before bed. But since your saying a 4oz glass of wine I will have to say I have 2. 4 Oz sure is a small portion.
    Of course that is on average. When I am on vacation I drink more.
    406571_2586196017152_1322087296_32019625_1283287547_n.jpg
    421044_2586213257583_1322087296_32019648_413033725_n.jpg

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In the 90s, I would drink half a bottle of bacardi 151 a day, with 6 or more wine coolers. Thing is, you can't keep doing that.

Now, 0 drinks.
    More money for ammo.

Problem with sobriety is, reality sucks.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How can you drink that much without daily practice?

That's insane.

When I was drinking 3-5 nights a week, I was known for 5-6 schooners at Wings Etc., then we'd hit a dive bar and I'd drink 4-5 pitchers and 3-4 doubles of liquid cocaine. There have been 3 times I've blacked out. 2 times were just from drinking all day (once in Mexico and once was one of my birthdays). The 3rd time a bar tender challenged me when I was ordering Tanqueray in a 12 ounce glass with a splash of cranberry. That night we'd done the pre-game and when I was challenged I ended up drinking a fifth of Tanqueray at one place (ended up buying the bottle for $15 because I won) and then 3/4 of another fifth before I blacked out. I know people kept putting drinks in front of me. That night ended pretty rough. I ended up emptying my stomach about an hour after stopping. I emptied it 7 times in a pretty low class "gentlemen's" club. I'm still not sure why they didn't kick me out.

I've had blood work 2-3 times a year for the past 3 years and I'm not sure how it happened but my liver shows very little to no damage.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I don't drink. Never saw the fun in it after watching too many of my counterparts puking and passing out. I never needed the booze to attract the ladies either, I guess I am just that good looking. :-)

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lover by day, fighter by night, drunkard by choice, Marine by God!

I may get so drunk I'll have to crawl home, but by god I'll crawl like a Marine...

Just a few choice sayings I like to tell people. YAY BOOZE

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Back in the bar band days of the late 90s/early 00s, I tested my body's limits regularly. Now with a wife and two children, my priorities have changed dramatically.

I'll have one beer at the beginning of a meal, if at all, but as others have posted I'll rarely drink when carrying - and I always carry. I wouldn't want alcohol to be a factor in the aftermath of a SD situation. Also, as others have mentioned, the money saved can be used for other ventures (in my family's case, that would be ammo or Disney trips). :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not a drinker.
    The last beer I had was when the Colts won the super bowl. And I didn't finish it.
    Even if I wanted something and I knew I'd be carrying...I wouldn't have it.

Top Bottom